Overworld 2 -- problems/bugs thread

Comments

• edited September 2020
    U said:

You can't type the character ) in the chat. When you try to do that, it deletes everything you wrote and closes the keyboard. It happens to other users too.

OnePlus Nord (10), Android.

Did I mess something up?
    Did you try this on Android?
    At least two people confirmed this happening to them on the community discord server.
    Also what may be important too, I'm using the gboard keyboard.
  • Ok I uploaded a video of the bug.

• edited September 2020
    Okay another issue. Since today morning (UTC +1) I have been experiencing problems with connecting to realms and overworlds. Every third or so overworld or realm I want to visit, I am stuck at "Requesting Connection" and have to restart the game. I've noticed that when I am able to connect, there is no "Requesting Connection" window while loading the realm or overworld. When there is one, I'm just getting stuck at it and have to restart the game.

Phone is OnePlus Nord with Android 10. I have a stable internet connection of 40-50 Mbps.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    we're submitting a bugfix for the requesting connection problem as well as other things today.
  • What is going on with not being able to put special characters in our name?
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    MEEPYZ said:

What is going on with not being able to put special characters in our name?

Long story short, issues with usernames kept coming up so they had to make it very specific on what is and is not allowed... And that’s probably a good thing. It should of only been letters and numbers in names in the first place. They just need to fix the friend request system.
  • edited September 2020

we're submitting a bugfix for the requesting connection problem as well as other things today.

nice, thanks!
    is that client side or server side?
  • U said:

MEEPYZ said:

Long story short, issues with usernames kept coming up so they had to make it very specific on what is and is not allowed... And that’s probably a good thing. It should of only been letters and numbers in names in the first place. They just need to fix the friend request system.
    But after a while, wouldn't new players get jealous of old players who have special characters?
    edited September 2020
    MEEPYZ said:

U said:

MEEPYZ said:

But after a while, wouldn't new players get jealous of old players who have special characters?
    People get jealous over my single character names. They are also invalid names.. Does it matter? No. I played the game in a time when they were claimable. That's just how it is.
  • Kn1ght4nd3r50nKn1ght4nd3r50n Member, Game Moderator
    edited September 2020
    MEEPYZ said:

I think the special characters are affecting other things besides usernames.

• SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer

MEEPYZ said:

That may not be related to the characters... If it's an older deed it might need to be replaced. We've seen a few like this. Does the realm work if you hop in or no?
  • Kn1ght4nd3r50nKn1ght4nd3r50n Member, Game Moderator

MEEPYZ said:

That may not be related to the characters... If it's an older deed it might need to be replaced. We've seen a few like this. Does the realm work if you hop in or no?
    The realm is closed, I tried to access with mod tag active, and when you enter you get kicked
  • GalaGala Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    After the overworld 2 update I noticed that players are not walking normally but teleporting, more like lagging.. I think it's with the client side as well, I'm not sure..
  • Galantis said:

After the overworld 2 update I noticed that players are not walking normally but teleporting, more like lagging.. I think it's with the client side as well, I'm not sure..

I also experienced this, the player's were like teleporting

btw I suggest adding the map we used to have in the old overworld it would be helpful for players that have to walk in a big overworld. Also add the old buttons where it can show what type of realm or mine.
  • You can still get stuck in the adventure stamp if you close the tab that prompts you to start or continue your adventure.
    Galantis said:

There is a distance parameter.. ie.. people close to you will walk more normally but far away you get less updates. This is to prevent lagging networking in crowded overworlds.

Galantis said:

There is a distance parameter.. ie.. people close to you will walk more normally but far away you get less updates. This is to prevent lagging networking in crowded overworlds.
    People have been teleporting that are less then 15 blocks away from me
  • U said:

Galantis said:

I've observed this too, it happened in an 11x11 realm.
  • HONEY BOMBHONEY BOMB Member
    edited September 2020
    False report sorry
    TwiIight said:

U said:

Galantis said:

I've observed this too, it happened in an 11x11 realm.
    We tried to recreate this with a few players but for us it's always updating correctly. So .. maybe there's a bug but it's a little unclear how it's happening or what the specific cause is. If you guys know a reliable way to reproduce it we can fix it faster.
    edited September 2020
    OK we think we fixed the teleporting player thing. Let us know if you still see it. I think we fixed the warp cookie issue as well.
    Is there a fix coming for the friend request issues? Or is that a less important bug?
  • ZoirgotZoirgot Member
    edited September 2020
    U said:

Is there a fix coming for the friend request issues? Or is that a less important bug?

this shows up when i add friends

Zoirgot said:

U said:

Any usernames that are less then 3 characters, or contain the symbols !@#$%^&;*(){}[]'";:.>,</? don't work for friend requests...
  • ZoirgotZoirgot Member
    edited September 2020
    U said:

Zoirgot said:

U said:

this showed up when i tried to add Mr.Caca
    I also added Elmergamer1 and KendaloXY earlier and this also showed up
    Zoirgot said:

U said:

Zoirgot said:

U said:

Works fine for me... I haven't had any issues with any users except the users with those characters
  • the mountain man quest mentions the skymap in the quest description. (the other mine quests probably need to be changed as well)
  • on web cc whenever you bump a guest bumper there is a lag spike for you, and then it goes away after a little
    Web may be a little different sometimes because there's no thread support... that means the game can only do 1 thing at a time basically.
  • U said:

Zoirgot said:

U said:

Zoirgot said:

U said:

Works fine for me... I haven't had any issues with any users except the users with those characters
    reserving this, i'll take a screen record