Pixel Art Building Contest! (2020) RESULTS!!

(This Avatar pixel art was built by KelpShake last contest)

Welcome to the second Pixel Art Building Contest!

With Skycam now available, i would love to host this again, you are all invited to participate in this contest!
All you need to do is build a Pixel Art in a room, you will need an info bumper and a food bumper!
Now for Rules & Regulations!
1-You will need a room with an info bumper placed, the room has to be new, it cannot be bought before 09/07/2020.
2-Keep your build appropriate and unique.
3-Only one build per person, if we find anyone using alts, they'll be automatically disqualified...

FAQ!
Q:Wow, okay! but Will, how are you supposed to find our entries!
A: Leave us some Warp cookies that lead to your room on a donation table in iCantiWill's realm.
Q:I have a room, but i bought it before the 7th!
A: That’s ok, you just need to get me or WhimsicalFirefly to bump a guestbook proving the room was empty before you start building!
Q:Ok! What do I build though? a flat or vertical pixel art?
A: The pixel art has to be flat! I plan to host a vertical pixel art building contest in the future.
Q:What is the theme?
A: There is no theme! you can build whatever you want but you will need to leave us a description of what we'll be looking at!
Q:WE? How many judges are there?
A: There are 2 judges!
Q:Okay, what about the size of the room?
A: There is no specific size, you can build a pixel art in a 100x100 room! but do keep in a mind, you can't build one in a small room.
Q:OOF! This is fun and all but I'm short on cubits!
A: If you are facing some financial problems, hit me up, I'll be glad to help with a few cubits, I want everyone to participate!
Q:Wow this is exciting! But what are you guys expecting from us?
A: You can visit "Rare Candy - Pixel Art Realm" for any inspirations, BUT if we find a copied pixel art from there, you will be automatically disqualified.
Q:Alrighty! What’s the deadline?
A: The donation table will be removed on October 2.
Now, Speaking of Prizes:
1st place: A Golden Piggy
2nd place: A Silver Piggy
3rd place: A Bronze Piggy
There will be some consolation prizes as well ;)
Good Luck!

Comments

• I would like to join , gimme the amount of cubits of 100x100 room pweese :3
  • I wanna join :>

I can’t really buy rooms for everyone but i can help with a few cubits if they’re for an info/guestbook bumper.
    L U C K said:

I wanna join :>

Good luck! Contest ends on October 1st!

I can’t really buy rooms for everyone but i can help with a few cubits if they’re for an info/guestbook bumper.
    L U C K said:

Ok do u have a warp bumper , im online rn

L U C K said:

Not sure why you would need a warp bumper? give me 10-20 mins and i’ll be online

L U C K said:

Not sure why you would need a warp bumper? give me 10-20 mins and i’ll be online
    Ran out :qbee trash: ok
  • hii, are you allowed to collaborate with other players to build?
  • @iCantiWill I just bought a 100x100 room after selling almost all my vends, I hope you can help me in buying info bumper :)
  • irisxc said:

hii, are you allowed to collaborate with other players to build?

Yes, tho I will give the prize to the room owner and they will be responsible for splitting it with the others if it was a team build.
    Zoirgot said:

@iCantiWill I just bought a 100x100 room after selling almost all my vends, I hope you can help me in buying info bumper :)

Make sure to send me a friend request ig

• Question, the pixel art has to be flat but can it be two layers like background and foreground? C:
    I'm considering joining just for the fun of it~!
  • Question, the pixel art has to be flat but can it be two layers like background and foreground? C:
    I'm considering joining just for the fun of it~!

No, The build needs to be one level with solid color blocks to keep the concept of pixel art which it a flat picture where each block (pixel) is a solid color. Good luck!
  • irisxc said:

hii, are you allowed to collaborate with other players to build?

Yes, tho I will give the prize to the room owner and they will be responsible for splitting it with the others if it was a team build.
    Zoirgot said:

@iCantiWill I just bought a 100x100 room after selling almost all my vends, I hope you can help me in buying info bumper :)

Make sure to send me a friend request ig

I sent a friend request but I think Im online at the wrong time, so can you please leave it in my realm,Grand Marketplace. I'll leave cubits in your piggy but I don't know your realms.
  • Nice! yo I'm in
  • Nice! yo I'm in

Good luck!
  • WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    I'm looking forward to seeing all of the entries. Pixel art looks so good with the /skycam command. Good luck everyone!!
  • TumbleweedTumbleweed Member
    edited September 2020
    I have a question... I did read the FAQ...
    I have a realm that was bought a long time ago. I recently started using it to build a pixel art. About halfway done, I learned of this pixel building contest and wanted to enter it.
    But,
    1. I didn't get anyone to bump a guestbook beforehand when it was empty...

I do, however, have a screenshot of it in the very beginning stages, and I can prove the screenshot was yesterday (I started building either yesterday or the day before, cant remember). I also haven't finished it yet... Is that enough as proof so I can enter it? I know this is not how the rules work, but I just learned about this today. I understand if it won't work. :)
  • I have a question... I did read the FAQ...
    I have a realm that was bought a long time ago. I recently started using it to build a pixel art. About halfway done, I learned of this pixel building contest and wanted to enter it.
    But,
    1. I didn't get anyone to bump a guestbook beforehand when it was empty...

I do, however, have a screenshot of it in the very beginning stages, and I can prove the screenshot was yesterday (I started building either yesterday or the day before, cant remember). I also haven't finished it yet... Is that enough as proof so I can enter it? I know this is not how the rules work, but I just learned about this today. I understand if it won't work. :)

All good now!
  • Can I use blocks from Holiday packs? Like orange/yellow checker blocks?
  • Can I use blocks from Holiday packs? Like orange/yellow checker blocks?

You can use any block as long as it’s a solid block and not a deco (for example a christmas tree)
  • You said we need a description of the pixel art, what kind of description? How deep/long should it be?
  • WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator

You said we need a description of the pixel art, what kind of description? How deep/long should it be?

Sometimes people build abstract art or it is something we aren't familiar with so it makes it easier to judge if we know what we are looking at if there is a description of what it is. It doesn't have to be long, just enough to tell us what we are looking at.
  • Fudge I think I'm too late

You still have 4 days!
  • HONEY BOMBHONEY BOMB Member
    edited January 2023

You still have 4 days!
    Extend 3 days more so it would be 7days(1week) .Im busy on recent and just started the first part of mine becuz the 20days I was crafting blocks wwww
    I’m only going to extend the deadline one day so the contest will end on Friday, good luck!
  • Okay so there are some issues with the server, people can’t find my realm. So if you wanna get to my realm and drop the warp food, go to PixieHollow and my realm will be placed there (green pipe)
  • TABLE WILL BE REMOVED TOMORROW!
    Good luck!