Web and Overworld 2 BETA THREE + some news

SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
OK. We've got another beta. It's here for those that enjoy testing... Hopefully this will be the last one before the real Overworld 2 update. We're also still testing web cubic so the beta is in the web version as the last couple have been. The URL is...

https://cctest.castles.cc/cctest3

For those wondering what happened with the server upgrade to a new machine. The new machine was behaving slowly in some cases, and it took a while to figure out why. We do have it running ok now. We may try to migrate again tomorrow.

As always please post bugs and issues here in this thread.

Comments

• I bet tons of people would use the browser version to AFK, do you think there could be an implication for some kind of you-were-out-of-tab-too-long-so-we-kicked-you mechanism? Lol
  • is it normal that when you place your realm deed in the overworld, is it normal that you still have it?

And i have mentioned this glitch a couples of times now, it's not pached yet
    i can not explain how it work, i need to show it
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    yeah it's normal
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    TylerPW said:

I bet tons of people would use the browser version to AFK, do you think there could be an implication for some kind of you-were-out-of-tab-too-long-so-we-kicked-you mechanism? Lol

Maybe..we probably need to kick inactive accts sooner than we do.
  • for some reason i cant load it and it just stays on a black screen (im on pc windows 10)
  • WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Player said:

for some reason i cant load it and it just stays on a black screen (im on pc windows 10)

If you are using Chrome, try this. SirKewberth mentioned WebGL and I came across this last week when I was looking for something else. It might help...
    Go to chrome://settings
    Click the Show advanced settings button
    In the System section, ensure the Use hardware acceleration when available checkbox is checked (you'll need to relaunch Chrome for any changes to take effect)
  • Farts Of FuryFarts Of Fury Member
    edited August 2020
    TylerPW said:

I bet tons of people would use the browser version to AFK, do you think there could be an implication for some kind of you-were-out-of-tab-too-long-so-we-kicked-you mechanism? Lol

I remember long ago (around 2016-2017) i was playing on the steam version and forgot to turn off my computer. Ended up going on a week vacation with and when i got back my computer was still on and there was a message saying something on the lines of, "You have been playing for to long. Go to bed". Wish i would of taken a picture but never did.

Ps: @SirKewberth do you know the exact message that was used, because i was wondering what it exactly said instead of what i remember it saying.
    Noone that i ask remembers the message.
  • I logged out to create another account to test, but I didn't put a password on the first account, now I can't log in to it
  • TylerPW said:

I remember long ago (around 2016-2017) i was playing on the steam version and forgot to turn off my computer. Ended up going on a week vacation with and when i got back my computer was still on and there was a message saying something on the lines of, "You have been playing for to long. Go to bed". Wish i would of taken a picture but never did.

Ps: @SirKewberth do you know the exact message that was used, because i was wondering what it exactly said instead of what i remember it saying.
    Try doing it again
  • I believe that this is just a flaw in the programming, but I will report, the item "Overword Start Spot" is not possible to put on the side of others while it is in the overword, but it is possible while it is in the realm. (Google translator)

Overword:
    https://ibb.co/DMScvyz

Realm:
    https://ibb.co/1nxS652

I don't know why, but I can't send prints here, it says that the upload failed
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    edited September 2020
    Alrighty I'm just going to go through bugs that were found last beta which haven't been fixed, and make one list.

I'm also finding some ways to get around things that were patched last beta.. so I'll add those too
    -------------------------
    - Realm deeds do not update correctly within the inventory. It is impossible to make your starter castle say anything except starter castle... and if you rename a realm the deed will always display the old name.

- It is impossible to name your starter castle for free. The only way to name it is with official papers.. but the deed still says starter castle.
    -------------------------
    - You can still leave with the entrance door of overworlds like this.. I saw that jumping into a castle with the door was patched, so I messed with it some more lol.

- YOU CAN PUT THE ENTRANCE DOOR IN ANY REALM (Found this out the hard way), sorry
    ------------------------
    - You can't pick up doors with this stamp

-----------------------
    - If you Change the realm to bottomless, jump off in the void outside the realm, and then change the stamp back, it will endlessly kick you back and forth between the room you were in, and the last overworld you were in.

- To add: If you just jump outside an overworld that is bottomless, and make it a normal stamp.. your account get stuck in an infinite loop. Even reloading the game doesn't fix it.

----------------------
    Can you add no litter blocks to the main overworlds?

Besides those I think mostly everything that was reported last beta was fixed... I'll start looking for new things
    No litter and little cleanup details like that will be for final release only.

I believe that this is just a flaw in the programming, but I will report, the item "Overword Start Spot" is not possible to put on the side of others while it is in the overword, but it is possible while it is in the realm. (Google translator)

Overword:
    https://ibb.co/DMScvyz

Realm:
    https://ibb.co/1nxS652

I don't know why, but I can't send prints here, it says that the upload failed

Actually that's intentional. It's so you can't put it on top of other realm spots or near other starts. They don't really do anything in regular realms so no restriction there.
  • Player said:

for some reason i cant load it and it just stays on a black screen (im on pc windows 10)

If you are using Chrome, try this. SirKewberth mentioned WebGL and I came across this last week when I was looking for something else. It might help...
    Go to chrome://settings
    Click the Show advanced settings button
    In the System section, ensure the Use hardware acceleration when available checkbox is checked (you'll need to relaunch Chrome for any changes to take effect)
    apparently i already have the checkbox ticked
  • edited September 2020
    The Beta doesn't work on Firefox, all I get is a black screen when I try to enter it. Hardware acceleration is enabled. Any solution for this?
    oh btw I'm on Linux, specifically xubuntu 20.04.
    We have tested it on firefox. So in theory it should work. Any chance you're in incognito or private mode browsing. That prevents the browser from saving data.
  • TylerPW said:

I bet @SirKewberth genuinely did that, not gonna lie. Seems the type Lol
    That may actually be a steam thing they added. Not cubic.
    @SirKewberth Was the beta backed up incorrectly?

New eden looks like this and I can't leave lol
    I can't get in, it keeps telling me my password is incorrect. :(

Make a new account
    U said:

Make a new account
    not if I can't be me, lol

U said:

Make a new account
    not if I can't be me, lol
    Hm? I just made a new account called Dragon since it's not on this new server.
    edited September 2020
    Okay so... You can also leave with entrance doors by eating warp food. You can also drop them anywhere.

I'll also bring this video down since they are related to each other. You can also drop the door in any realm using this method.

-----

Forest mines are 33x33... but all other mines are 100x100?
  • I can duplicate the mine stamps in my own overworld... is it normal?
  • I can duplicate the mine stamps in my own overworld... is it normal?

definitely not normal
  • Hello:
    I don't know if this is the place to post this, but I've trying the web beta and found a problem with start spots. My friend says when somebody teleports to you they should appear in the start spot nearest to you but we tried and it is not working. We always appear on top of the player we teleport to, we have tried it in his overworld and mine and when teleporting to the overworld from the search list we appear on a start spot but not the one closest to the owner of the overworld.
    I hope I was right to post this, than you for your attention.

Hello:
    I don't know if this is the place to post this, but I've trying the web beta and found a problem with start spots. My friend says when somebody teleports to you they should appear in the start spot nearest to you but we tried and it is not working. We always appear on top of the player we teleport to, we have tried it in his overworld and mine and when teleporting to the overworld from the search list we appear on a start spot but not the one closest to the owner of the overworld.
    I hope I was right to post this, than you for your attention.

Do you have perm in each other's overworlds?
  • SeleneDiccySeleneDiccy Member
    edited September 2020
    WhimsicalFirefly:
    I had perms in his, but he didn't have perms in mine. At least i think he didn't, I'll double check with him next time he is online.
    Thank you for your answer.
    Edit: I visited his overworld and I don't have perm there (I had perm in his other overworld) and he doesn't have perm in mine.
    Start spots dont affect teleporting to a friend. It's correct to go straight to the friend.
This discussion has been closed.