New Public Beta of Web CC and Overworld 2 (Aug 2020 -- BETA TWO!!)

SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
Ok guys. We tried to fix the bugs from last round. Please hammer on this one if you feel like testing. The database has been reset again. This is the latest. Hopefully we're getting really close now.

https://cctest.castles.cc/cctest2

Please report bugs in this thread. Please report bugs that were reported before if they're still there. It's possible we misunderstood the problem or fixed it wrong, so we need to know.

Comments

• AzsimuthAzsimuth Member
    edited August 2020
    Rotate buttons are bound to [ and ] for some reason.
    Over world water behind another over world water produces a visual bug.
    You can still place start points on realm spots
    The clipping is still a bit buggy on the mines
    Start spots also get deleted by other blocks, they work like flowers in that regard
    Sometimes the "Realm Spots need to be further" pops up in areas where there is no realm, neither start spot.
    Clan Stones aren't usable after you formed your clan, while other objects are.
    (Will edit if more things found)
  • GalaGala Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    The mines can be foamed.
  • AnguishireAnguishire Member
    edited August 2020
    When in an overworld, /skycam 1 and /skycam 2 are the only ones that work. The rest (/skycam, and /skycam 3-5) only give a blank screen - its zoomed out too far so the fog covers the overworld.
    - - -
    The overworld pack in the cc store costs 1k, but when you click it, you get "Do you really want to buy "Overworld Pack" for 250 Cubits?"
    - - -
    When you place a black bomb and a pulse bomb next to each other, the pulse bomb explodes first, causing the black bomb to explode instantly (which is normal). However, the black bomb's red countdown still counts down even though the bomb exploded, and sometimes explodes again when the timer reaches 0. I'm not sure if this is specific to the beta or if its also in the steam game too.
    - - -
  • xX_ThundahxX_Thundah Member
    edited August 2020
    there's this wierd thing lmao
    also i crashed whe trying to buy dragon pet (which was a really stupid idea lmao)

also im still slow even if my inv wasnt full.

yes uhh well eee the quality of the designs are bad
  • cool
  • you can use cars while the sea stamp is on in the overworlds

• I put a slime bottomless stamp in my overworld, went to my main realm TylerPW and when I left to go to the normal overworld all I seen was sliiiime. Defs a bug of sorts
  • You can place Overworld Start Spots on each other, they take the place of the last one but still take them away from you.
  • Putting a Overworld Start spot down and putting the realm door over it makes the start spot disappear, when you move the portal off and put it in a different location-- you still get sent to wherever the start spot was placed.

• probably self-explanatory
  • Shop on Pets says dragons meemews & doogs won't follow under level 15 players, yet they follow pretty much everyone.
  • When in an overworld, /skycam 1 and /skycam 2 are the only ones that work. The rest (/skycam, and /skycam 3-5) only give a blank screen - its zoomed out too far so the fog covers the overworld.
    - - -
    The overworld pack in the cc store costs 1k, but when you click it, you get "Do you really want to buy "Overworld Pack" for 250 Cubits?"
    - - -
    When you place a black bomb and a pulse bomb next to each other, the pulse bomb explodes first, causing the black bomb to explode instantly (which is normal). However, the black bomb's red countdown still counts down even though the bomb exploded, and sometimes explodes again when the timer reaches 0. I'm not sure if this is specific to the beta or if its also in the steam game too.
    - - -

It costs as much to help testing
  • MEEPYZMEEPYZ Member
    edited August 2020
    Overworlds still become deeds after use
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    MEEPYZ said:

Overworlds still become deeds after use

This is correct. Intended behavior.
  • WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Hopefully the main overworlds will get a no litter block before this goes live. I'm having flashbacks to the old trashy lobby and people losing items because they were showing their hats and then lagging only to return and find out they can't pick them back up.
  • You can /trade in new overworlds, but not in the old ones, and the warp anchor things in New Eden don't work
  • edited August 2020
    for me, on my pc it gets black screen after the first loading screen, on my phone, does not leave the second loading screen
  • You can still spam click pigs as long as you have 2 or more and you can bypass the "No piggies close to door" system.
    Maybe add a autoclicker stopper that we had like a few years ago, but only if you have that item in your inventory or holding it. That way it will be like "Stop clicking" and then it should stop the glitch.

https://gyazo.com/32a280e4fb3da2cf775cbdbe80346f84
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    There is no restraints on renaming realms / overworlds in beta with official papers. You can make them have no name, or even make twenty realms all have the exact same name.. could get messy for searching for realms..

I was only able to get on for a few minutes tonight. I'll do some thorough messing around tomorrow.
  • HONEY BOMBHONEY BOMB Member
    edited August 2020
    Bugs
    1:Not sure if this is intended to ...... Marine critters won't damage my qbee but slyme and spudbug still did .
    2:Perm setting bug that i mentioned before (Fixed)
    3:0 lvl qbee hopper will still follow you (dk if it's intended)

Suggestions
    1:Add no-litter block to public overworld maybe ?
    2:Search realm on overworld (Not enter the realm , but will get you to where the realm deed placed on Overworld)
    3:Add the deed of cubic jail on New Eden even thought it's not important realm anymore
    4:The Blue overworld stamp i mentioned before (Can use either in Personal Overworld or realm , if Overworld just the small one , if realm just the one that have shown in Learning center)
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    The jail is in one of the official overworlds.. I think questoria..
  • Graceful ThunderGraceful Thunder Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    There seems to be an issue with the realm search function. Tried searching "it's a trap" and it kept telling me that was an invalid name. Searching while standing in my overworld
    edited August 2020

There seems to be an issue with the realm search function. Tried searching "it's a trap" and it kept telling me that was an invalid name. Searching while standing in my overworld

To add onto this - If you search for a realm that has the world 'Realm' in the name, it says invalid name. It's always been like that even on the live server, but it needs fixed because it's just ridiculous when 75% of realms have that name.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    - Placing a few overworld realm spots quickly next to a castle does this.
    - Realm deeds do not update correctly within the inventory. It is impossible to make your starter castle say anything except starter castle... and if you rename a realm the deed will always display the old name.

- It is impossible to name your starter castle for free. The only way to name it is with official papers.. but the deed still says starter castle.
    - Nukes can't be used in overworlds? That may be intentional but I feel like they should be allowed in overworlds.. What if we want to remove the entire overworld?
    - Entering an overworld with a slyme stamp, blizzard stamp, etc.. does this.. turning the stamp off and putting it back on makes it look normal.
    - Unrelated to overworlds because this is room specific. It does not work in realms or overworlds with this method... but if you place down a door in a room, another player can pick up the entrance, have their perms removed, and leave with the entrance.. The door that would usually go to the room will just go to the lobby after the entrance is removed. So it is impossible to ever get back into the room.

-You are able to leave with the entrance door of an overworld if you hop into a castle while carrying it.
    - You can't use the no balls block, or pop bumper in the overworld, but balls are allowed..
  • KewbinKewbin Member
    edited August 2020
    1. Icons loaded over http do not load.
    2. Links should be opened in a new tab rather than being redirected.
    3. Clicking on a placed realm/mine with Pull Hand freezes the game for a while.

• HONEY BOMBHONEY BOMB Member
    edited August 2020

The jail is in one of the official overworlds.. I think questoria..

My bad ;3

Kewbin said:

1. Icons loaded over http do not load.
    2. Links should be opened in a new tab rather than being redirected.

Yep mine is the same way.
  • When clicking on a realm spot with a mine and then quickly switching to Pull Hand and clicking again will break the mine but will not give the mine stamp back.
    Thanks guys.. Finding some good bugs. Let me know if you're still testing. I was thinking to leave this up another day or so, but if you feel more time will help let us know.
    I can test it more in the next few days if you leave it open. I've only been able to get on for a couple hours so far since I've been busy with other things.
This discussion has been closed.