New Public Beta (August 2020)

SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
edited August 2020 in General Chat
We have a new public beta. This one will be to test 2 different things.
First we're running a 2nd round of testing on the new overworld features. If you find bugs with it, even if they were reported during the first test, please report them again. It may mean we thought they were fixed but aren't or they somehow got missed.

2nd... we're testing a new platform. Specifically web based cubic castles. That is.. it's a version of Cubic that runs in the browser. It should run on most major browsers with the exception of Safari which won't work as it doesn't support a high enough version of webgl.

The database on this is reset so accts from the last beta will be gone. Just make new accounts.

Not sure how long this will stay up. We may take it down, reset the database on it and fix a few bugs and put it back up several times, so don't do any major building or work on the server you don't want to lose. Assume everything is temporary. Adventure mode and cubit buying are not supported on the beta.

So if you want to test just visit this url...

https://cctest.castles.cc/cctest

Report all bugs and feedback in this thread.

Comments

• nice
  • Hi, the cubit store doesnt load
  • WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Yeah, it's not loading for me either. @SirKewberth can you check that out?
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    If cubit store doesn't load for you .. refresh (f5) your browser. It will fix.
    That didn't work for me :(
  • xX_ThundahxX_Thundah Member
    edited August 2020
    also i lost my overworld pack when i went to my overworld D:

That didn't work for me :(

o it worked for me
  • im locked out, tried logging in thats why rip. can u unlock me or is that impossible lol
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Dohness said:

im locked out, tried logging in thats why rip. can u unlock me or is that impossible lol

You should be able to just create a new acct.. how are you locked out?
    NOTE - If anything freezes you.. you can unfreeze and restart by refreshing browser. (and please let us know what happened so we can fix it)
  • It isnt loading for me, maybe cause im on mobile?
  • Dohness said:

im locked out, tried logging in thats why rip. can u unlock me or is that impossible lol

You should be able to just create a new acct.. how are you locked out?
    I tried logging in with my main account which was dumb of me haha that's my fault oof
  • xX_ThundahxX_Thundah Member
    edited August 2020
    - I lost overworld pack while i went to the overworld
    - Dances work well too
    - Cars work
    - the mines are submerged to the overworld grass and it looks bad lol
    -

- constant lag
    - um the skycam in the overworld pops up a black screen (you can still see ui tho)

suggestions:
    - full screen mode, it sucks accidentally getting out when you accidentally hit the searchbar lol

replies:

for mines sinking.. you gotta place your realmspot above the surface.. not inside it...

i did o-o
    - the overworld items bug were fixed
    for mines sinking.. you gotta place your realmspot above the surface.. not inside it...
    Server being taken up and down a bit.. to fix small things... sorry :-)
    I bought the overworld and the overworld pack. I had everything and after the crash I lost all of the blocks and items from the overworld pack. This has happened twice. :(
    They werent crashes. Just taking down to tweak and fix. Maybe not saved...
  • Beta won't work for me after it loads the new cubic castles logo and stuff it turns into a black screen

I'm using google on chrome on windows 10
    I test on win10 chrome -- it should be ok -- maybe refresh and try again. You might have hit one of our server restarts. Clearing web cache may help in some cases. If none of that works we'll have to look deeper.
  • i tested everything overworld related and it's works fins except the things i said before lmao
  • I tried again and reloaded the page a bunch of times but after the logo loads it is a blank black screen with nothing on it and there isnt a loading icon or anything
    Before in this thread or from older beta? Let us know specifically if its not already in this thread.
    Tyndale said:

I tried again and reloaded the page a bunch of times but after the logo loads it is a blank black screen with nothing on it and there isnt a loading icon or anything

Send me a pm and we'll try to figure it out.
  • Kn1ght4nd3r50nKn1ght4nd3r50n Member, Game Moderator

I bought the overworld and the overworld pack. I had everything and after the crash I lost all of the blocks and items from the overworld pack. This has happened twice. :(

With me, the same thing happened.
    k we're looking into it.. maybe the overworld blocks are getting removed... checking it
    found it - will restart quick to fix.
  • Kn1ght4nd3r50nKn1ght4nd3r50n Member, Game Moderator

found it - will restart quick to fix.

I bought the items and now it worked, the items keep on my inventory
  • If cubit store doesn't load for you .. refresh (f5) your browser. It will fix.

iii, opened the cubic store, and once i did *boom* crashed
  • yeah i was buying a realm to test stuff, i can't pick up size
  • It doesnt let me open the clanstone menu, but everything else like the chests, anvils etc work
    himohima said:

yeah i was buying a realm to test stuff, i can't pick up size

Yes noted -- thats a bug. Picking size will freeze you.
This discussion has been closed.