Games to play in quarantine

GanondalfGanondalf Member
edited July 2020 in Off-Topic
I am INSPIRED BY the anime thread.

So, I guess we're all homebound, probably with our mothers and fathers who don't really know I can't pause during an online match in a multiplayer game. My dinner's going cold, and do I not care? Maybe you don't have the fastest internet, maybe you can't keep up with your friends with ultra-fast net. Or maybe you prefer a game with a solid story. Something you can spend hours on just dissecting the game-world for entertainment. Maybe you just need a world you can safely roam around.

Here's my list of the games that you can take your time on and not get bored of:

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - What can't you do in this game? Granted, most of the given activities aren't really "family-friendly" and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone under 17. But I'm sure none of you listened to ESRB a day in your life. Again, what can't you do? Go to the gym, enhance your character's body. Ride a bicycle, improve your cycling skills. Shoot some pool at a local bar. Play some arcade games. Dance at the local club. Go fit some hydraulics in your car and earn some money at Unity Station, and maybe mod it to your liking in the process. Drive your car arbitrarily and, you know...road rage?
Go to Vegas, lose or gain some money. Play some vigilante missions, unlock further upgrades for Carl. Blah, I could go on.

Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory - Ah, that moment when I figured out you could knock a guy out by throwing a rock at his head. That's all I wanted to do. That was stealth, not wasting ammo. I can't perfectly describe it...eh, you're a guy no one can see even if they're a foot away from you, as long as you're in the dark. And the story is very good, I really liked the narrative and the gameplay is fun, too.

L.A. Noire - This game made me feel SMART. This game taught me that if someone blinks more than 10 times in 5 seconds, they're fake. This game had me look where I wouldn't. This game showed me I could have an attention span. Though it isn't totally open-world, it's a huge city you can freely roam about in and have fun doing so. The Streets of LA free roam mode will give you all the time you want, because, as a wise man said: "We aren't the only cops in this town."

Uplink - I was only reminded of this game I found so fricking tedious when I was 10 years old when Eugene said he played some Uplink. I decided to try it out again, and it's pretty fun. Even though you can't ever really win. You will end up caught at some point. But have fun in the process.

The Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim - AHHH, yes. There was never a world before Skyrim where I actually decided I'd walk instead of fast travel. Seriously, try walking from Whiterun to Riften. Sure, it's a waste of time. If you don't have a sense of adventure. I can assure you, if you look around while you walk that road to Riften, you'll come across at least 3 side quests you'll like. Though the quests are quite tedious compared to those in Oblivion. Though I'd only recommend that for the Story and Quests.

I haven't done a very good job of describing these, but only because I never sleep and I'm always very tired. Please, look these up and see if you wanna try them. They're all really fun. And here are some games that you might like, sans useless description. But, these won't be potato friendly.

Mortal Kombat 11
Read Dead Redemption 2 (Okay, one sentence: I prefer this over Skyrim)
Dark Souls 3
Grand Theft Auto V
Desperadoes (the original)
Grand Theft Auto IV
Full Tilt! Pinball

And please, share your own! I would love to know how you guys one-up me! I'm sure you can.

Comments

• AzsimuthAzsimuth Member
    edited July 2020
    Trove - Quest based RPG
    Team Fortress 2 - First person shooter with insane skill ceiling
    Half life 2 - Good game overall
    Portal 2 - Puzzles! And story...
    Hammer world editor, (for TF2, HL2, and P2) Make maps!
    Source film maker - Make films
    Minecraft - Sandbox game
    Gmod - Sandbox, with the source engine, you can build your own veichles in it and make animation. This is just the tip of the iceberg... There was this bath tub ski racing
    Bioshock - Story based First Person shooter
    Ratchet and Clank - Space adventures of a Lombax, and his tiny robot friend.
    Spiral Knights - Team Fortress 2 Achievement hat. You can get on by playing this
    Crusader Kings 2 - Fun Strategy sandbox, set in the middle ages
    KARDS - Card game, with smooth graphycs, and exiting gameplay
    Unturned - Sometimes i fire it up.
    Your own games - They can be anything.
    This list is in no particular order, just what came to mind first.