I have a curiosity

Megabrick0904Megabrick0904 Member
edited June 2020 in Help Requests
So this is my question. Can a moderator reopen a closed discussion? In what circumstances?

Comments

• I don't think so ...... once i requested to reopen all of my closed discussions then got neglected :<
  • I don't think so ...... once i requested to reopen all of my closed discussions then got neglected :<</p>

Maybe they can't reopen discussions?
  • edited June 2020
    Good question! I had never stopped to think about it...
    Maybe they can do it, but they only do it in exceptional circumstances and no any case has arrived yet. Because, well, I think that if they close an argument it is for something, and they usually have no reason to reopen it.
    That function really is a bit unnecessary, right? Because they close discussions that have been inactive for a long time or that have some type of inappropriate content (like spam or something similar). There really is no need to reopen discussions that have been closed.
  • Yes, they can.

If a discussion is closed the moderators can re-open it. For example, Superxtreme had a price thread and Whim closed it because it wasn't being updated - she said she'd re-open it if Super came back and started updating it.

Obviously, we have Dragon's now so there would most likely be no need but yes.
    If a discussion gets closed there wouldn't be too much need for it anyway and that's why you never see it happen.
  • WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Forum mods do have the ability to reopen a discussion but it seldom happens as most are closed for a reason or by player request. We cannot get in the habit of closing and reopening discussions on a regular basis though because that could get out of control quickly.
  • Talking about these.. can mine be reopened for the future? I said I'd edit it later and not to close it
  • Forum mods do have the ability to reopen a discussion but it seldom happens as most are closed for a reason or by player request. We cannot get in the habit of closing and reopening discussions on a regular basis though because that could get out of control quickly.

I have my use , just reopen once pweese ;-;
  • Forum mods do have the ability to reopen a discussion but it seldom happens as most are closed for a reason or by player request. We cannot get in the habit of closing and reopening discussions on a regular basis though because that could get out of control quickly.

there is a reason making a new discussion is a thing

Too i have my own propose to reopen them e.e

Too i have my own propose to reopen them e.e
    You could still make a new discussion.
  • Sorry but admins only can close and open discussion. Mods role is to maintain fun of the game and solving scam issue. Thanks for asking :D
  • WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    CAPT.Law said:

Sorry but admins only can close and open discussion. Mods role is to maintain fun of the game and solving scam issue. Thanks for asking :D

Please don't reply to questions you don't know the correct answer to. Forum mods can reopen discussions as I stated above.
  • ahh sorry whim my bad :D but who can close this discussion btw?
  • A mod can close this discussion. Whim, for example, can do it.
  • edited June 2020
    CAPT.Law said:

ahh sorry whim my bad :D but who can close this discussion btw?

Here's the staff list - https://forums2.cubiccastles.com/discussion/12/staff-list#latest
    All players under "forum moderators" title can close discussions. You're correct in saying that the admins CAN close them but they are not the only ones who have the ability.