Annnnnnnddddd.... We're Back!

SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
Hello Everyone!

As you can see, things have changed around here.

So.. First off.. Apologies for having the forums down for so long and all of a sudden, but we ran into some trouble with them and we weren't able to bring them back up fast. It is actually unrelated to the recent forum login change. It was a new problem, and since it could potentially be exploited we decided to take the forums down and fix it right away. But we were also in the middle of other work, and the patching did not go smoothly, and so we were not able to bring it back up right away. Also we didn't want to just release this new version without checking it over for other possible problems related to the changes.

We actually debated not bringing the forums back and maybe just using the Steam forums, which we may still do in the future if this continues to become a problem. As many of you know the forums were also used recently by scammers to steal accounts. So at some point you have to say.. We need to work on the game and not administer forums full-time. So that's under consideration.

We had some contests going and some prizes I was supposed to announce etc... I will get back to that shortly now that this is finally fixed. For Space's events he will have to decide what if any changes he needs to make.

Lastly you'll notice the look and features of the forum are changed. This is related to the difficulty upgrading in part. Basically the forums can run many plugins, but the more customisation and plugins you use the harder it is to make changes. So I have simplified and removed some features we were using to make it easier to adjust the forums going forward. If you notice something missing that's probably why.

Comments

• space_fetusspace_fetus Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    edited May 2020
    Hey everyone just to add to this in terms of events i have previously forwarded everyone to use Instagram to post the Ram art. I will be leaving it like that rather than forcing everyone to swap back over so please submit your art by using the hashtag #cubicramart on Instagram and don't forget to post your IGN along with it! Thank you and i apologies for all this inconvenience.