YouTube Hat (+ other perks for youtubers)

CubicCubic Member
edited August 2023 in Suggestions & Comments
I think it'd be a cool addition to add a YouTube hat (like you wear the play button on your head).
Cubic Castles YouTubers would get it at a certain amount of subs (100 or however many the Devs decide)
YouTubers help promote the game and I think it'd be a good way to get more people making a channel and a cool reward for those who have channels.

Edit: new suggestions by CGB. YouTube Flag (received at 500 subs) and YouTube Tag (like mod or admin) received at 1k subs. To stop the sub botters from getting these rewards, they could make it so each video has to have at least 100 views

Comments

• -username--username- Member
    edited May 2020
    The press hat was for people over 500 subs iirc but people complained so they made it easier to get via the hat pack.

The idea is good but I just think too many people would complain

Also what defines a CC youtuber? Would their whole channel dedicated to Cubic Castles?
  • Basicly just rewarding subs. Well i have 99 rn.
  • CrepusCrepus Member
    edited May 2020
    Maybe a use for the Legendary Crocskin @ Hat.
  • This already crashed and burned in the past. People would hit a number of subs, show the devs, get the press hat.

3 major issues that occured.

1) people were selling them for excessive amounts.

2) people were buying sub bots and getting the hat that way to sell in game for profit.

3) commuunity complained about exclusive hats like this being in the game.
  • Alv'Alv' Member
    Liberated said:

This already crashed and burned in the past. People would hit a number of subs, show the devs, get the press hat.

3 major issues that occured.

1) people were selling them for excessive amounts.

2) people were buying sub bots and getting the hat that way to sell in game for profit.

3) commuunity complained about exclusive hats like this being in the game.

^ Agree
  • edited May 2020
    -1, I don't think this would work as of the reasons Liberated listed.

The reward for gaining subscribers would have to be the subscribers, you build a community. That is WAY better than a hat/item.
  • Sir. PixelSir. Pixel EnglandMember
    I'd say if they redid the requirements then I'm down for it. A certain amount of appropriate cubic castles content on your channel with a baseline amount of subscribers. Something like the Roblox star creator program wouldn't be too bad of an idea. It would also be an incentive for people to create youtube channels. They can always make the hat or whatever exclusive item untradeable
  • PlayerPlayer Member
    people should do youtube because they enjoy it, not because of some hat you get in-game. I think this would just promote paying cubits for subs (giveaways) and rushed content. -1
  • Not much people are that lucky to get a lot of subs in CC though, I'm not saying it's impossible.
    But even the official CC YouTube channel has less than 100 subs at best.
  • No thanks
  • CubicCubic Member
    edited May 2020

Not much people are that lucky to get a lot of subs in CC though, I'm not saying it's impossible.

2 ways to get subs:

a) put in a lot of work in your editing, make good content and upload frequently

b) spam giveaway in hollas for subscribers *cough* Deian_Hitty *cough*
  • Alv'Alv' Member
    edited May 2020

Not much people are that lucky to get a lot of subs in CC though, I'm not saying it's impossible.

Nope ,official CC YT Channel has 920subs (The most subs that cc channel has is space fetus I think)
    And, get into 100subs is very easy, I'm not trying to be rude,but.. if u make trash or stupid videos there is no way u can increase ur subs.
    What u need to do is something useful, funny, tips&tricks, etc. So u will get more views and new subcribers everytime.
    So this suggestion is a Nah, I'm sorry. I can get 100subs within 2months or something tho.

2 ways to get subs:

a) put in a lot of work in your editing, make good content and upload frequently

Good point, players always do subscribers giveaway, which make it even more easier to get subs, what stupid is, those players only care about the giveaway, even they subscribed u, they don't care about your videos or channel at all. If you want to get Real Fans, don't do giveaway or force peoples to subs u when they don't want to, unless when u reached certain subs and do small giveaway(without forcing them)
  • T e D yT e D y Member
    Alvin! said:

Nope ,official CC YT Channel has 920subs (The most subs that cc channel has is space fetus I think)
    And, get into 100subs is very easy, I'm not trying to be rude,but.. if u make trash or stupid videos there is no way u can increase ur subs.
    What u need to do is something useful, funny, tips&tricks, etc. So u will get more views and new subcribers everytime.
    So this suggestion is a Nah, I'm sorry. I can get 100subs within 2months or something tho.

2 ways to get subs:

Good point, players always do subscribers giveaway, which make it even more easier to get subs, what stupid is, those players only care about the giveaway, even they subscribed u, they don't care about your videos or channel at all. If you want to get Real Fans, don't do giveaway or force peoples to subs u when they don't want to, unless when u reached certain subs and do small giveaway(without forcing them)
    I agree so much
  • Latecom *cough*
  • Latecom *cough*

Deian_hitty *COUGH*
  • Hawk931Hawk931 Member
    good idea but -1

If they made it so the youtubers couldn't sell or trade for it then +1
  • -JZ--JZ- Member
    edited May 2020
    Hawk931 said:

good idea but -1

great idea
  • Alv'Alv' Member
    -JZ- said:

Hawk931 said:

good idea but -1

great idea
    Great Idea x2 , maybe a Youtube Trophy something, when u drop it, it won't allow u to (like starter deed), same as when u put it to register and..if free perm, Only Original Owner can mine it. Bomb won't work (just like rental bumpers)
  • CoolGuyBossCoolGuyBoss Member
    edited May 2020
    We cant have limited items. Press hat was suppose to be for Youtubers and Police cap was suppose to be for Mods.

Literally the community complains when a group of people have something that they can't have. It's just annoying.

For mods they just have their tag, but maybe for youtubers, like /showflag /hideflag

Youtubers who get 500 subs get a YT flag in place of their current flag...

EDIT: May like this (but obviously not their logo cause law suits. But this is just an example of what it could look like.

Or maybe a Youtuber tag. Like Mod, Admin, and Beta.

And maybe Youtubers can have like. /recloak (show YT tag) and then they can /cloak like 3 times a day, like beta rank could.
  • CubicCubic Member

We cant have limited items. Press hat was suppose to be for Youtubers and Police cap was suppose to be for Mods.

Literally the community complains when a group of people have something that they can't have. It's just annoying.

For mods they just have their tag, but maybe for youtubers, like /showflag /hideflag

EDIT: May like this (but obviously not their logo cause law suits. But this is just an example of what it could look like.

And maybe Youtubers can have like. /recloak (show YT tag) and then they can /cloak like 3 times a day, like beta rank could.

I think that would be really cool

• Youtubers who get 500 subs get a YT flag in place of their current flag...

This would be nice. If copyright becomes an issue, maybe it can be a check mark instead, like a verified mark for Content Creators with x (500-1000?) amount of subs/followers.
    Not sure about the name tag like mod/admin, I think a flag is enough imo

Some other stuff I thought of that might encourage content creators:

1) Forums Content Creator role (no special color)
    2) Content Creator kit... like the fankit but exclusive for content creators, like tease screenshots, videos, sneak peeks...
    3) Sneak peek/video features in Cubic Castles NEWS tab
    4) Content Creator Sponsored Cubits for videos- creators can submit their giveaway/event idea and request for a sponsor and admins can review them [not sure about this one considering the time crunch]
    5) Twitter page retweeting videos
    6) Youtube plaque item in-game (not sure about this one considering what happened with the press hat, maybe make it untradeable)
    7) Content Creators Category in the forums, where only they can post their video threads there (not sure about this one either, will take some time to make)
    8) Give them early access to items (eg. if there's a banana costume coming into the game, the content creators can have the item earlier for free.) Probably not this one because of previous press hat issues

• -JZ--JZ- Member

Yes, another great idea!
  • Basicly just rewarding subs. Well i have 99 rn.
    -JZ- said:

Hawk931 said:

good idea but -1

great idea
    Yo, im a yutober!
    Achievement hat: Get 100 subscribers on Youtube
    -not tradable or marketable
  • Alv'Alv' Member

And u can switch between yt icon or normal flag
  • Alvin! said:

And u can switch between yt icon or normal flag
    Yeah, the command would allow that. But maybe like a check mark like Tam said. I also think Youtubers with certain amount should have the role on the forums.
  • Special border maybe ?
  • JuIiusJuIius Member
    edited May 2020
    The press hat was 100 subs, and they never should have put it in the hat pack. It actually meant something.
  • JuIius said:

The press hat was 100 subs, and they never should have put it in the hat pack. It actually meant something.

Kewberth did that cuz sombody were abusing and got tons of press hat
  • Sir. PixelSir. Pixel EnglandMember

JuIius said:

Kewberth did that cuz sombody were abusing and got tons of press hat
    Na it was because it was being sold for millions of cubits lmao