Redesign Start, Go, and Finish Bumpers

Giant_Giant_ Member
edited April 2020 in Suggestions & Comments
You've linked the Finish bumpers to Half Race Markers so that track racing can't be "exploited" by using the Finish Bumper [to the stop the racing timer]. But in doing so you've killed the ability to have parkour racing and track racing on the same map AND you've wasted the time and energy of everyone who has made such maps. Really?????? Why?

I mean, that was kind of the point though, right (to eliminate the ability to use the Finish Bumper to stop the timer in a realm with Half Race Markers)? But why????

Why not decouple the Go Bumper and Start Bumper timer and make a new Track Finish Bumper for track racing instead? If you have to break one thing to make something else work you should not do it.

How about this (just an idea): Link them like you do with locked door stamps and locks such that each new Starting Line block, Finish Line block, Half Race Marker block, and Finish Line Bumper will couple to the last placed Start Timer Bumper and/or Start Pistol Bumper? i.e. Let each Start Timer Bumper and/or Start Pistol Bumper "own" its own Starting Line block, Finish Line block, Half Race Marker block, and/or Finish Line Bumper. (That's just an idea. Any idea that works is okay with me so long as it doesn't break other stuff, please.)

Think about how amazing it would be to get back parkour and track in one map but also have many more than just 1 timer?

If not then can you just reverse what you've done so you unbreak parkour on track racing maps?

Comments

• I'd rather have an (almost) anti-cheat mechanism for cars even if it means sacrificing places that have both parkour and races in them
  • Giant_Giant_ Member
    edited April 2020
    Player, are you considering how boring that is? Sacrificing freedom for safety makes things rigid and boring. When is enough? I think if you have to choose between chaos and prison, you should choose chaos and live justly within it.

I mean, yeah I know it's just a game and it's really not a big deal but I hate to see it turn to crap.

Does it make track racing better? Absolutely but the cost isn't worth it - not to me, especially so when a fix could be made - when we don't really have to choose one or the other if they would only program it differently.

What if this game were only shops, or only parkour, or only car racing? Do you think it would be as fun or successful? Probably not right? It's the sandbox freedom which is what makes it.