Better Pixels and Sculpties

TyndaleTyndale Member
edited April 2020 in Suggestions & Comments
As most of the builders in cc know, pixels are very limiting with what you can do with them. You have to space the colors out and cant have 2 pixels of a different kind right next to each other, you have to dig up all the excess on every single pixel block you place which can take a long time, and you have to waste bombs just so you don't waste pixels. The perfect thing to fix all of these issues would be: single pixels. It would be 1/8th of a block, and you could place it directly next to other pixels and blocks. When you dug it up, it would act like a normal block and go back to your inv. When you used a cut-o-matik, for every one block you cut, you would get 8 of these. You wouldn't have to sculpt these because it would just be a smaller version of a normal block. I hope this wouldn't be too hard to code because this would definately help me in building everything. I hope you would take this into consideration
@SirKewberth

Also we need water, glass, mountain, tropical grass, dark brown pixels, steel block, cobblestone, etc.

Comments

• +1
  • +1 *^^*
  • HONEY BOMBHONEY BOMB Member
    edited April 2020
    +1 i suggested it before and oh , it's 1/8
  • +1 i suggested it before and oh , it's 1/8

Okay ty
  • +1 I like your suggestion for the regular pixel blocks however when I suggested glass pixel blocks I was told that SirKewberth wont do pixel glass, something about how rendering 4 separate glass blocks instead of one big one causes a lot of lag. I also don't think water should be a pixel block for the same reason as the glass blocks. Water blocks have movement so if glass creates lag I can't imagine what kind of lag an animated block would create.
  • +10000000 YES PLEASE!

wasting bombs to not waste pixels smh
  •   Ed  Ed Game Moderator
    +1
  • +1
  • That would be amazing for building. So useful. We need more sculpty options as well in my opinion. The current sculpty selection is very limited and it should be expanded along with 1/8th blocks. If its possible, hopefully can eventually one day be a thing.
  • Alv'Alv' Member
    +1
    Should add more pixels too, Mountain Grass, Snow, Ice, Marbles, etc
  • Bump
  • +1 yes pls!!
  • as someone who uses pixels a lot this would be great
  • +1
  • I can make those sculpties you mentioned, I’ll leave a screenshot here soon.
  • Heres three of the ones that you mentioned.
  • TyndaleTyndale Member
    edited April 2020
    'Dragon' said:

Heres three of the ones that you mentioned.

What where's that
    Edit: oh wait nevermind
  • 'Dragon''Dragon' Member
    edited April 2020
    Tyndale said:

'Dragon' said:

Heres three of the ones that you mentioned.

What where's that
    Edit: oh wait nevermind
    lol.

Heres the file too if anyone is curious -
  • I've heard a lot of people complain that building with pixels is hard and I believe this would make it a lot simpler. I myself get annoyed when I place one wrong pixel and I have to bomb half of the build because I don't want to waste the pixels. Plus, being able to place different coloured pixels next to each other would be really helpful with adding details.
    +1