Jumper 4 needs YOU! (Game Updtated)

AzsimuthAzsimuth Member
edited May 2019 in Off-Topic

Hiring Beta testers!

My latest game, Jumper 4 or Jumper's adventure just hit BETA, wich means it soon be fully completed.
How to get hired & Payment
Im hiring YOU, to search for bugs! Each bug that you find will grant you 50C! Nope no payment cause im running low! ):
To accept the role as a playtester, just comment down bellow!

Here are the links!
https://gamejolt.com/claim/VwZoA6uW
https://gamejolt.com/claim/ELNsFx9D
https://gamejolt.com/claim/uwUz8vXD
https://gamejolt.com/claim/PvGFHXNg
https://gamejolt.com/claim/UYBjvPBY
https://gamejolt.com/claim/ZLQWUmy4
These links let you CLAIM a copy of Jumper 4, if you have a Gamejolt Account!
--- 2019 Beta 2 Update ---
New enemies! And some new levels!
Not ONE bug fixed! YAY
Also you need to unfold it.
Have fun!

Comments

• Um is it on Android?
  • sdgamez3 said:

Um is it on Android?

Nope. Pc
  • TyndaleTyndale Member
    edited March 2019
    I like it, but can you list the full controls?

Edit: I have been playing it, and there is no gravity. You can fly in the air, all the way to the top of the screen, and it looks like it was meant to be a platformer, where you have to jump to platforms. Is that a bug then?

Edit 2: I'm stuck on the second level. How do you complete it?

Edit3: I keep getting stuck on the walls. ;-;
  • 'Gold' said:

I like it, but can you list the full controls?

Edit: I have been playing it, and there is no gravity. You can fly in the air, all the way to the top of the screen, and it looks like it was meant to be a platformer, where you have to jump to platforms. Is that a bug then?

Edit 2: I'm stuck on the second level. How do you complete it?

Edit3: I keep getting stuck on the walls. ;-;

Intresting.
    Controls are WASD, and you can punch the boxes with enter, if you see a grey box, and the way is blocked, then you just punch it. And about the jumper not jumping, its an intended feature.
    About stucking in walls, what do you mean by that?
    Well anyway! Thanks! Techicly only one is a bug, but because you were the first one, i pay you 100c!
    Problem is with developing these sort of games, is that you need to tell the player wich thing is a bug, and wich is not. Maybe i add a Readme file to it saying whats intended and whats not, and also the known bugs. Anyway, Thanks! And also, you have 100C.

• AzsimuthAzsimuth Member
    edited March 2019
    Eagence said:

There are so many, but none make them unplayable...
    Some are just suggestions or about game play, and others are bugs

1) Turrets shots pass through walls, and they do pass through other turrets too, they see you hen you behind walls.

2) You can break turrets from sides, just by staying 1 or 2 mm under shot direction

3) Turrets kill enemies drawn like red circles, it kinda ruins the lvl when they turn orange follow you. Since they die, you can pass through enemy wave.

4) Passwords work but you can't see what you write in passdoor machine or how to close that window. Besides passwords are really hard to read. Try to add a scroll item or some sort of picture to hit in order to open a window to read some hidden msg. It is way better way to play, so you may also add passes as passwords or puzzles.

5) Sometime main character turn into red, and starts shooting shots from his hands, its intensional, I know. But it fails to open password window when its red and it seems buggy.

6) At first lvl, when you not save and die, you start at second lvl. (unless its tutorial.)

7) At all lvls, when you die and respawn your main character move left or right at saved spawn point. You move to left or right side while you not press any button.

8) There is no gravity and you fly but blocks do get effected by gravity, which is kinda senseless. And at 2th lvl you fall into a trap at begining and your character gets pushed downwards... Which is kinda making not much sense to me.

9) There is no way to access the lvl that you close program afterwards. A password bar to access certain lvls can be cool for testing and gaming afterwards. None has enough time to beat 30 lvls at once.

10) You cannot go back to the levels that you completed if you wanna play again, or you can't turn back to main menu to save or something. These things can be added to main menu.

11) You can turn back to 1st lvl after completing it from 2th lvl but it lead you back to 2th lvl after seeing 1st lvl for a second. Its kinda buggy.

12) Rarely you get stuck when you pass through corners of brick blocks, but you can get out by moving back and forth, somehow ...

13) There seems to be an unaccesible part at 5th or 6th lvl, where you use a switch to trigger green blocks, where brown also gets triggered...

14) There should be a tutorial at the begining with "real explanation or some sort of text". You do start playing without knowing anything, including controls.

15) Game enviroment is too free at 1st and 2th lvls, once you go out side of playable area you either die or get lost, and background is kinda too annoying, maybe making it simpler is better. None wanna see many things flying at background while trying to see their character... A stary night or a nice view from space can be cool.

16) Graphical interface and image of blocks and character can be more 3D and betters.

17) Camera not always tacking main character, especailly when it reaches to end of boundries of map and it is not a big deal, but its better when camera remain focused to main character.

For now that what I seen yet.

As Red (fire jumper) you can press X to drop it. Turrets are intentonally doing what they're doing. Angry faces die because of bullets, thats intentonal. 3D is not possible with my skills. Neither super mario bros have a lvl selection. About 13, thats a puzzle.
    Also if you keep the savefile just in the same folder with the standalone executable, you can load the level you were playing, so you get a break.
    Well thanks! I will look more into this. Second version will come out soon, with full explanations!
    Hmm tbh. Its probalby better to see what YOU, ppl want. Next updtade is coming maximum next weekend. Idk. Also Gold and you, will get listed in the credits as playtesters.
    And also thanks for Constructive critisism, instead of just blasting the game!
  • AzsimuthAzsimuth Member
    edited March 2019
    -Do not post bugs here for now, until i say it, you won't get C. (This does NOT affect Eagence and 'Gold')
  • The game got updated, so it means a bump now! Is this necroposting? We have new content to speak about, so it might qualify as a recyle but idk.
  • Log_erLog_er Member
    edited May 2019
    Azsimuth said:

The game got updated, so it means a bump now! Is this necroposting? We have new content to speak about, so it might qualify as a recyle but idk.

It's your own discussion so you decide whether or not it's necroposting.

btw gravity doesn't work
  • I'm try it out tomorrow (as long as it doesn't contain viruses that might blow up my computer)
  • sdgamez3 said:

I'm try it out tomorrow (as long as it doesn't contain viruses that might blow up my computer)

Hmm. I never tought of viruses... i pack a virus scanner too then. No seriusly, i't shouldn't have any.
  • It was a joke dude