I need game ideas!

I'm drawn to a blank... I need game ideas (not in cc). Right now, I have no clue how to make online games... but I can make single player games :D

if you have any ideas... v

Comments

• bump!
  • Wow, are you making games? Me too, and neither i know what to do.
  • Azsimuth said:

Wow, are you making games? Me too, and neither i know what to do.

Yeah I've mainly been working with JavaScript :p
  • A Rhythm Game like "Rhythm Heaven Fever" or "Dance Dance Revolution"
  • Piratax10Piratax10 Member
    edited March 2019
    Make a polished (or not if you are a newbie) clone of an already existing game.

i am learning Lua, and that is what i am planning to do before making an actual game.
  • Make something simple at first like a platformer.
  • 'Gold' said:

Make something simple at first like a platformer.

I've already done that. I am looking to move on and challenge myself to make a harder game. It'll be a great learning experience.
  • DaDoggyDaDoggy Member
    edited March 2019
    Log_er said:

'Gold' said:

I've already done that. I am looking to move on and challenge myself to make a harder game. It'll be a great learning experience.
    I need my Rhythm games!

(you said hard games)

Also Log, search up Rhythm Heaven Fever and watch it on YT, it is awesome!
  • DaDoggy said:

Log_er said:

'Gold' said:

I need my Rhythm games!
    I could try but that may be a little too hard for me.
  • Log_er said:

DaDoggy said:

Log_er said:

'Gold' said:

I need my Rhythm games!
    Idk how javascript works, but a rhytim game is pretty easy in game maker 8.0 pro. It need 3 object, 1 is the button that you need to press, 1 is the one what it needs to collide with. And 1 cheking IF there is collision. Idk. Might work in javascript.

• Azsimuth said:

Log_er said:

DaDoggy said:

Log_er said:

'Gold' said:

I need my Rhythm games!
    Idk how javascript works, but a rhytim game is pretty easy in game maker 8.0 pro. It need 3 object, 1 is the button that you need to press, 1 is the one what it needs to collide with. And 1 cheking IF there is collision. Idk. Might work in javascript.

I can do that... but I'd need more thank 3 objects :p
    The problem is getting it to run smoothly and making sure the animations and music and in sync
  • Log_er said:

Azsimuth said:

Log_er said:

DaDoggy said:

Log_er said:

'Gold' said:

I need my Rhythm games!

The problem is getting it to run smoothly and making sure the animations and music and in sync
    Consider trying a 3D game?
    Like a 3D adventure. Build a world, you can jump and climb, maybe chop down a tree for wood. Might be interesting.
    Or try something like that in 2D. I don't know what you've done before/how advanced a game you've made? :)
  • Log_er said:

Azsimuth said:

Log_er said:

DaDoggy said:

Log_er said:

'Gold' said:

I need my Rhythm games!

Consider trying a 3D game?
    Like a 3D adventure. Build a world, you can jump and climb, maybe chop down a tree for wood. Might be interesting.
    Or try something like that in 2D. I don't know what you've done before/how advanced a game you've made? :)
    3D is way beyond my level right now... although maybe I could make a 2D minecraft :thinking:
  • Maybe you can have a character and a world just like mincraft with a few tools to select?

In code language,
    if click on grass,
    make grass 0 (nonexistant) and recieve +1 grass
    etc etc...

if you are selected on ax,
    you can "kill" tree and recieve 10 wood
    else
    no kill tree

etc etc....

I know you already know if's and whatnot :P, I was just saying that it sounds pretty easy (well, not easy but you know) to make a game like this?

Just an idea! :D

OR

maybe try a caculator "game" ?

OR

Some sort of game where things are falling and you must catch them in your basket by moving left and right,
    "classic" games like that?

Just throwing out a bunch of ideas, hope these help to get you started!

I don't know what you're looking to make, but if you are looking for a "real" game to make, something original and unique to actually put on the market, here are some ideas with my personal answer:
    What types of games do people like to play? (puzzle games seem to be high demand, yet there aren't many good fun ones. Also adventure and story are fun, but again this is just me!)
    What makes a game fun? (Nothing annoying. No long dialogs, simple storyline, simple controls, GOOD CONTENT! You don't want your game to be empty do ya?! :D)
    What kind of graphics are interesting? (I like simple. Nothing chaotic, nice matching color scheme to fit the story...)
    What makes a game annoying? (If it's boring, for one. Long dialog, complicated and weird controls, funny camera angle, "trying too hard", and so on.)
    What attracts your attention to a game? (I like a simple cover image that shows me plainly what it's about. The name and image tell alot about your game. )

Again, just ideas, I don't know how "advanced" you are in coding, but that doesn't mean you can't go ahead and try to make a game for others to play! Sometimes the simpliest games can be the most fun. :) Goodluck with coding, hope these ideas can help!! :D

• Maybe you can have a character and a world just like mincraft with a few tools to select?

In code language,
    if click on grass,
    etc etc...

else
    no kill tree

etc etc....

I know you already know if's and whatnot :P, I was just saying that it sounds pretty easy (well, not easy but you know) to make a game like this?

OR

OR

Some sort of game where things are falling and you must catch them in your basket by moving left and right,

I don't know what you're looking to make, but if you are looking for a "real" game to make, something original and unique to actually put on the market, here are some ideas with my personal answer:
    What types of games do people like to play? (puzzle games seem to be high demand, yet there aren't many good fun ones. Also adventure and story are fun, but again this is just me!)
    What makes a game fun? (Nothing annoying. No long dialogs, simple storyline, simple controls, GOOD CONTENT! You don't want your game to be empty do ya?! :D)
    What kind of graphics are interesting? (I like simple. Nothing chaotic, nice matching color scheme to fit the story...)
    What makes a game annoying? (If it's boring, for one. Long dialog, complicated and weird controls, funny camera angle, "trying too hard", and so on.)
    What attracts your attention to a game? (I like a simple cover image that shows me plainly what it's about. The name and image tell alot about your game. )

Again, just ideas, I don't know how "advanced" you are in coding, but that doesn't mean you can't go ahead and try to make a game for others to play! Sometimes the simpliest games can be the most fun. :) Goodluck with coding, hope these ideas can help!! :D

I'm really considering making a 2D minecraft game... I might even attempt to make it an online game once I get the main bit working. The only problem would be paying for web hosting and a domain :p
  • PartyParty Member
    Blockheads spin-off...idk.
  • Party said:

Blockheads spin-off...idk.

Blockheads was a good game until tc pirates made the dev switch server hosting payment to real money... It's so much more exspensive to host servers
  • Log_er said:

Maybe you can have a character and a world just like mincraft with a few tools to select?

In code language,
    if click on grass,
    etc etc...

else
    no kill tree

etc etc....

OR

OR

I'm really considering making a 2D minecraft game... I might even attempt to make it an online game once I get the main bit working. The only problem would be paying for web hosting and a domain :p
    Lol i have a really bad 2D minecraft game on gamejolt. Its called "imagine build"

• Azsimuth said:

Log_er said:

Maybe you can have a character and a world just like mincraft with a few tools to select?

In code language,
    if click on grass,
    etc etc...

else
    no kill tree

etc etc....

OR

OR

Lol i have a really bad 2D minecraft game on gamejolt. Its called "imagine build"

What language did you use?
  • Log_er said:

Azsimuth said:

Log_er said:

In code language,
    if click on grass,
    etc etc...

else
    no kill tree

etc etc....

OR

OR

What language did you use?
    Omg so many quotes XD. I used Game maker 8.0 pro, you can't get it anymore, game maker studio 2 is the newest of course not free ): , if im right. I do not use code, but Gamemaker has its own leangue, also i think you can use plugins to code with C++ and simlar leaungues, but im not sure.