The Roman Legion [Story Part One]

It was 32 B.C and Valor(Before he became general) was walking through the streets of his city and was proud of what he did for his city,
Valor was in this time of his life a Architect he was one of the most famous in all of Italy!
He walked to the temple he recently made for the God of War Mars, did he know what this day would happen to him he would had stayed home and drink some coco.
As Valor walked to the new temple he suddenly heared someone say his name not hard but not soft it was like the wind whisperd threw his ears and was saying his name, so surprised Valor turned around and... nothing... There was no one hew looked up and then turned his face back to the temple he looked at the statue he made for Mars and then walked in.

Once inside the temple he saw the last things where being done and the temple got decorated with some gold here and there.
He saw a strange man in a tunic, he thought it was probably a priester who would come to work here for Mars.
As surprised as excited Valor walked to the man in the tunic and said "Hello, can i maybe speak to you priest?" Then the man looked at him and turned back and looked more around.
As offended as Valor was because he was a famous and powerfull and did not expect this from a simple low class priest he said "Hey, i am talking to you" then one of his workers came and runned to him and said "Sir! Sir!" Valor looked at his worker and asked "What?" Then the worker said "Sir, can you come here a second?" Valor said "Okay i am comming." Once Valor reached his worker he asked what was the problem. The worker said "Sir, that man there in the tunic is not a regular priest he is one of the Acients." Valor said "What!" And looked back at the man "Are you sure that man is one of the powerfull Arch Mage Priests of the Acients?!" The worker answered him with a yes.

Valor turned and walked again back to the priest and said "Hello, your Holyness. I am sorry for my way of speak to you earlier." The priest turned back and looked at the Architect he said "Thats not of a problem, If i would had seen a man in a old dirt and foul tunic i wouldn't expect him to be a Acient, i forgive you. But i came here to speak to you about something very important", Valor replied "Ofcourse, your Holyness" "Please call me Drust, i don't want people all around comming here to meet a Acient. You know how that ends up then in 10 minits all around the temple whole Rome will stand here." "Ofcourse! Your holy... Uhh... I mean Drust, Follow me"

Valor and the Acient Drust walked down to the dinner room for the priests. "But, Drust... What does bring you to Rome and to be more specific what does bring you to the temple of Mars. And why did you come to speak to me?" "Well my best Valor the Grand Arch Mage of the Acients sent me here to come you, we got a message from Mars the God of War", He asked us to come and bring you to our mountain Mount. Demonata" "But why would the God of War Mars ask you to bring me to the most holy place in whole Italy? I mean no other mortal has ever been there" "Thats right my dear Valor only immortals blessed by the gods and the Acients are allowed to visit the mountain." "I am neither so why does the god Mars ask you to bring me there?" "Because, you are his new apprentice on earth."
"Wait, What!?" "As i said Mars chooses every 500 years a new apprentice to fight for him on earth and represent him"
"But.. but... I can't handle a sword!" "Mars will come in 17 Days precisely from now to earth to come and train you for one month" "One month is not much lets say it is not enough to let me even take down a rookie soldier." " Don't worry the rest you will hear on Mount. Demonata"

Valor rejected first very hard but then he relized he was chosen by Mars, the one and only Mars. Much people would kill whole armies just to talk to Mars! Drust was right, he was the chosen one!
As the day ended Valor came to drust to say to him that he had gathered the supplies to visit and he had horses ready with food and soldiers for their journey.
The Drust said "We will only walk by foot only you and me, They who will not do what is said is not pure and is not worthy of meeting a god."
"Fine! Of we go"
They had 15 days left to reach Mount. Demonata and they where in Rome while the mountain was 400 miles away and they had to travel by foot.

To be continued...

Leave a message with what you think about this story and what you would like to see in the next part.

Comments