ALL items Stack-able?

BJDwareBJDware Down underMember, Retired Moderator
edited June 2018 in Suggestions & Comments

Yes, yet another suggestion...

I Propose that ALL the same items should stack within a single slot.
A lot of single items require the use of one full slot within the inventory or chest and do not stack. I Do not see as to why that is so, and why it should remain as so.

It is a very big pain to store or transport such items that require a whole slot for just one item, instead of stacking.

This is more so important now, since we have so many new items and it makes it harder to store all of them.

Example of Items that do not stack:
- Any vanity item ( hats, cloaks etc )
- Stamps
- Kennels
- Wands
- Sentries
- Unused rooms/realms of the same size & type
- Doorways (unused)
- Clanstones
- Plasm's
- Dehydrated Cubes
- Nametags
-... What else am i missing?

Alternative suggestions by posters:
This would be an excellent compromise. As stacking said items would require a lot of work on the developers side.

- Compressed Chest (or sentry) where you can stack any items in that chest :)
- Transportable Chest (or sentry) a chest where when you grab will not pop the items out that are inside it.

What do you think about this?
Feel free to comment below.

Comments

• This should be added... My inventory gets clogged out too much by items of the same kind ;-;
  • +1 needed for me to be organized even better than my current state :P
  • MiwkyMiwky at your house stealing your Peanut butter jarMember
    another great suggestion coming from BJD
    I'm sure most of us have thought of this but never was suggested.
  • +1 *thumbs up*
  • +1

I don't think Clanstones can be stacked either.
  • BJDwareBJDware Down underMember, Retired Moderator

I don't think Clanstones can be stacked either.

Added.
  • PiousPious Member
    edited January 2017
    Would save me a lot of space here:
    Thumbs up on this one.

Other things that are unstackable include Plasms and Dehydrated Cubes, but both items have good reasons not to be stackable. I believe Nametags aren't stackable, although I'm not certain on that.

I keep coming back to edit this... I propose a feature by which you can toggle whether or not you'd like hats and other attire stack or not. For the reason stated in the comment below this. Some would just prefer a conventional means.

- Sidenote, trying to get this image to actually show up as an image through my phone was a painful process.
  • But then imagine running shops with clothing items... You would spend alot of time making non-stacked clothings.

But then imagine running shops with clothing items... You would spend alot of time making non-stacked clothings.

But alas, you will be able to access and store them easier in a shop. Just separate one per sale.
  • 1+!!!
    Ware, did you go to a mountain in Japan and meditate for 20 years to gain KNOWLEDGE!?
    Where did all these ideas come from?
    Good job though
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    Yes pls +1 i dont really have this problem but it would be better for other players (and if i ever get this problem too :P)
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    "Help GODOG!!! I jus dropped 58 Romans in a lobbay and I DC'd, Halp Halp HALP I CRI"

This is why -1
    lol

They are valuable they should all have their own slot or it'll just be another thing I have a random number stack of.
  • gdog said:

"Help GODOG!!! I jus dropped 58 Romans in a lobbay and I DC'd, Halp Halp HALP I CRI"

This is why -1
    lol

They are valuable they should all have their own slot or it'll just be another thing I have a random number stack of.

lol, yeah
    There's often these hollas
  • edited January 2017
    I would also say no for another reason. Having certain items not stackable makes it easier to do giveaways for example prize machines. If they were stackable then we would have.to break the stacks if we wanted to stagger the prizes. As a person who was the first in charge of keeping Hinter's amusement park prize dispensers in stock I can tell you what a pain it was to have to break apart stacks. Breaking apart stacks I would have to type in the amount each time which was not pleasant. It is less of hassle of hauling an x amount and throwing it in my opinion.

I see the benefits of this suggestion but I feel it carries more cons than pros. I do feel though that certain things would benefit like sentries and door stamps but stay away from clothing and environment stamps as an example. Maybe have a community poll to see what needs to be stackable.
  • gdog said:

This is why -1
    lol

To battle the halp halp I dropped in lobay issue. There should be a confirmation when dropping an item. Easy fix

• elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    RawSkin said:

gdog said:

This is why -1
    lol

To battle the halp halp I dropped in lobay issue. There should be a confirmation when dropping an item. Easy fix

Pls no! What if you have to drop like 20 different items in a prize machine ;_;
  • RawSkin said:

gdog said:

This is why -1
    lol

Yes! I sometimes accidentally drop items when playing on my phone.. Good thing I pick it up in time.
    these kind of items should not be stackable
  • Jerrynana123Jerrynana123 Member
    edited January 2017
    Sorry, -1
    Just, Should not be stackable.
    It doesn't make any sense.
  • I suggest to make a chest that make all items stackable instead :)
  • @BJDware just tell me, how can you wear 3000 Feather Hats at once ;) It has to be uncomfortable.
  • RawSkin said:

gdog said:

This is why -1
    lol

No offense, but a conformation drop screen is a terrible idea. First of all, most people drop stuff in lobby's on purpose, and second of all most people drop things A LOT and its would just be annoying.

edited January 2017
    gdog said:

This is why -1
    lol

It is another issue altogether, that may require a separate suggestion.
    Shouldn't factor in on this suggestion.

Eg.
    -Item cannot be picked up by another player for x amount of time.
    -If player leaves, logs out etc, and the item is unclaimed, said item will return to the players inventory.

etc etc.
    Another issue entirely.

Sorry, -1

And stacking 20,000 dirt does? :P

@BJDware just tell me, how can you wear 3000 Feather Hats at once ;) It has to be uncomfortable.

Why 3k? Lets do 5k >:D
    But i see where your going with that, and it would be a very simple fix.

So far its all Storage/transportation VS Dispenser setup.
    Which is more important? I Think i'll add a poll to decide.

• With the large majority voting Maybe some things should stack including myself having chosen that option, another poll will be need to implemented after a set period of time has elapsed to further narrow down what individuals opinions are.
  • YES!!! TOTALLY needs to be added!! +1
  • BJDware said:

gdog said:

This is why -1
    lol

It is another issue altogether, that may require a separate suggestion.
    Shouldn't factor in on this suggestion.

Eg.
    -Item cannot be picked up by another player for x amount of time.
    -If player leaves, logs out etc, and the item is unclaimed, said item will return to the players inventory.

etc etc.
    Another issue entirely.

Sorry, -1

And stacking 20,000 dirt does? :P

@BJDware just tell me, how can you wear 3000 Feather Hats at once ;) It has to be uncomfortable.

Why 3k? Lets do 5k >:D
    But i see where your going with that, and it would be a very simple fix.

So far its all Storage/transportation VS Dispenser setup.
    Which is more important? I Think i'll add a poll to decide.

I had a reason in my mind. But being a goldfish and forgets everything in a few seconds I forgot. And also, Wait. What was I going to say?
  • omg totally YES thats a GREAT idea!!!!!! I accidently tapped over my food deco and it disappeared after paying 150c!!!!!!!!!!!! Also, YES identical clothes SHOULD be added in the same slot!!!
    Interesting poll results thus far, but alas, only 14 voters. Be sure to get your vote in :)

With the large majority voting Maybe some things should stack including myself having chosen that option, another poll will be need to implemented after a set period of time has elapsed to further narrow down what individuals opinions are.

Give it time. Things are swinging in another direction now. It may change.
  • I'd +1 in your poll if iOS users weren't so limited in the forums.