Jrady's Building Contest!^.^

JradyJrady Member
edited January 2017 in Player Events & Creations
Buildcontest

edit: the contest is over! Valyreena got the halo with first, and Space Fetus got the monster with 2nd, and Grey Coral King and Bookworm both got starry scarves with 3rd and 4th. Congrats to all the winners, and even if you didn't win check your plots cause you can still build and that is where your prizes are!

Edit!: Also now that the building contest is over I feel like I should reveal a clue to the secret. Follow the footprints! That's all you get it should be more than enough!

Well, I decided to do a little fun thing and ask around to see if anyone wanted to participate in a build contest. I got a definite yes from 5 people who will be listed below, and a few maybes(Edit: There are 17 claimed spots and 1 reserved so two slots left). Basically there will be 20 plots of 10x10(edit:11x11 now since someone started their build and needed more room) sky high foundations, which will cost 5k cubits each. The theme is going to be dungeon/castle/tower since the plots are sky high so lets get some pretty cool towers going!

There will be prizes as well, and as long as you put at least a little bit of effort into it you will at least get a prize that is worth the entry fee. The top prizes will be a halo for first and monster hat for second and starry scarf for third.

The entries will be judged on: Creativity: how interesting it is; Eclecticness: How many different types of blocks were used; Difficulty: How difficult it seems like it was to make; Style: How much it looks like something(anything);Edit: Theme: how much it follows the theme.Edit: Originality: As long as your build is not copying any other builds you get 20 points! Edit: I think we're going to change the judging a little bit and just say that the judges can choose whatever number they think is best even if they use the same number for more than one entry. Scores will be out of 20 for each category. Then after adding up all the categories from all of the judges for each entry, whoever has the most points wins.

If you want to enter, then post below with your username and what you would like to do. Once 20 people have entered there will be no more. Edit: it has been brought to my attention that I shouldn't be asking for just anyone to be judges because some may be biased if I don't know who they are completely, so we will just stick with the people I know.

Ok, so I just realized that not everyone may know that I have set the deadline to be finished with your entries at the 20th of January. I realized that if I didn't set a deadline then it would probably take way longer than it should. So get your entries done by the 20th or... be square!XD

Oh and by the way, the contest room is in the realm "Jrady's World of Whatsits" sorry if people had trouble finding it.

Judges:
Jrady
CoolGuyBoss
iCantiWill
Ma'am

Entrants:
Ed*
Space Fetus* 2nd
AshiMagari*
Zikatis*
IcyTamTam33$PUPPY*
Bookworm* 4th
Nevarwel*
BlatantFool*
Storm Andy :D* 5th
Xyla*
Valyreena* 1st
Karma*
Touka Kirishima*
Snowbyte*
-GreyCoralKing- * 3rd
eagence*
UltimaZ*
kurt...*

* indicates that the plot is already claimed

Comments

• IGN: iCantiWill
    I would like to be a judge.
  • I would like to join, however I'm broke as a joke. Is it possible the deadline may be after the Christmas Event? When I can get my 5000c back from there I will join.

IGN: Bookworm
  • Those are some huge prizes O_O.
  • I'll try. No theme right?
    IGN: IcyTamTam33$PUPPY
    Cool event :) definetely worth trying.
  • JradyJrady Member
    edited January 2017
    Yeah don't worry guys I'm no scammer, and the deadline is whenever everybody has finished their builds, but try not to take too long! The 5k entry fee is just to make sure that people are serious about making a good build.
  • Jrady said:

Yeah don't worry guys I'm no scammer, and the deadline is whenever everybody has finished their builds, but try not to take too long!

The X-mas Building Event ends January 12 or 14, and I may need one or two days to build.

I know you said there is no specific deadline (except don't take too long) is January 18 or 20 a bit too late? Thanks.
  • No I'm expecting that it will take at least that long for all the entries to get finished
  • I would like to join. My user is Nevarwel.
  • Ok added you to the list and ill add you in game and contact you whenever possible
  • BlatantFoolBlatantFool Member
    edited January 2017
    I'll join! the user is BlatantFool.
  • JradyJrady Member
    edited January 2017
    ok actually change of plans is we are making it be a dungeon/tower/castle theme
    added to the list blatant^.^
  • I'm joining too!! >:D
  • ValleyValley Member
    edited January 2017
    I will join!
    Will we get the 5k back after the build is judged?
  • space_fetusspace_fetus Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    so double checking, dungeon castle tower theme right?
  • yeah you can choose one of the three or any combination of them.
    Ok so the prizes will be equivalent of at least 5k and if you did a good job then probably more even if you don't get in the top 3, and i guess if you want 5k instead of part of your prize then your welcome to it.^.^
  • I would like to join but do not have the 5k and will not until the winter comp is finalizes returning the entry fee but I assume all spots will be filled by then.
  • bookwormbookworm Member
    edited January 2017

I would like to join but do not have the 5k and will not until the winter comp is finalizes returning the entry fee but I assume all spots will be filled by then.

Don't worry, I am in the same boat as you. But he's told told me that it's okay so long as we are able to complete a build before January 20th at the maximum.

And so long as your name is on the list of participants, you'll be guaranteed a spot. (I believe, I hope I didn't misunderstand because I won't have the Cubits until after the Christmas Event is over)

Also, Jrady I have a Question: do the towers have to be a "Dungeon Tower"? Or could they be a nice, pretty tower? :) Thanks.
  • I would like to be a judges
    IGN-ChocoMale
  • edited January 2017
    I would like to join! A kind person lent me five k X_X! If you have a spot :P
  • JradyJrady Member
    edited January 2017
    Well you can build a dungeon a tower or a castle or any combination of two or all of them if you can
    Edit: the op has been updated with some new information on the judges.
    Edit: the op has been updated with some new information on the judging.
  • Bookworm said:

I would like to join but do not have the 5k and will not until the winter comp is finalizes returning the entry fee but I assume all spots will be filled by then.

Also, Jrady I have a Question: do the towers have to be a "Dungeon Tower"? Or could they be a nice, pretty tower? :) Thanks.
    Dungeon or a tower/castle will do. As long as it will fit in the catergories. They'll do. @Bookworm
  • Fifteen entrants if I know how to count *waits on seat to be added* Please please I must enter <3
  • Ok sure ill add you to the list
  • I wanna join but...I'm scared you might scam :3
  • ok will do eagence
  • Jrady can I be the judges?? I asked you twice ;-;
  • umm well ma'am said we probably shouldn't have people judge that we don't know very well be judges in case they are actually an alt of one of the contestants
  • I wanna join but...I'm scared you might scam :3

Some of the players already joined.
  • I would like to join as a judge! I can safely say I have a good "eye" when it comes to these kinds of things XD...
  • Can you reserve me a spot? I was trying to find rare names and I have done too many failed attempts.. So yeah Im locked for an hour ;-;