A possible way to reduce strain on servers by rooms and still keep prices low

Mcwolf the SaneMcwolf the Sane BangladeshMember
edited March 2016 in Suggestions & Comments
Are all the millions of rooms being actually used? Are their owners still playing the game? I'm pretty sure there are some completely abandoned rooms/realms in the game. What if rooms and realms were degradable just like realms are degradable in the overworld? Except, they would be completely deleted instead.

For example, if a room/realm owner does not come online in 4 months (or some other duration), then his/her rooms/realm get deleted. Now, of course that isn't fair. What if there were "room sentries" people could buy to prevent rooms from being deleted? These room sentries could be priced very high, instead of the rooms themselves. Like instead of a 100x100 room being 7k cubits, it would be 2k like before, and the "room sentry" would be 5k-6k cubits.

This way, the original purpose of raising room prices could be served, and the room prices would still remain low (like before). Unused rooms wouldn't have to be kept in the servers, and people who wish their rooms to be made permanent would have to buy these room sentries.

And there would be a balance between new players who need to buy rooms at high prices and older players who already have bought rooms/realms at the lower prices. The older players would have to buy the sentries too, or risk deletion if they didn't come online.

Why do we need this? Because the room prices are so very high now. I understand that this is done to reduce strain on servers, but won't my idea work as well? If not, come up with a better one. But please lower the room prices. How will people build in a building game if there is no space to build? :/ 7k might not be much for players having a lot of cubits. They can buy packs and sell the rare items to become richer and richer. Newer players can't do that unless they buy cubits.

Comments

• The problem with room deletion is there is no good time frame to delete them. Some users have to suddenly leave due to family problems and are not able to sort their lives out until a year or more. If you are an individual like me who has over twenty builds, those room sentries would far surpass the price of just having to buy the rooms. The price increase is defiantly a shock and I would like a better solution. It seems like the first ones to be punished are builders. CC already has an extremely small community of builders and I know with those massive price tags it will only discourage people from building. If I was a new user and I looked at those prices I would of quit. I also feel the price raise is not going to have any tangible impact on empty rooms/realms. The largest fore front problem is new users who decide they do not like the game then quit. Something more ideal was if there was not x amount of blocks in a room/realm after a six month period of time it would delete itself. This x amount of blocks would need to be a low number. Also those who have deep pockets will buy rooms/realms with aspirations to build but then leave them abandoned. I am just glad I have about six rooms/realms saved because with only earning an average of fifty cubits a day those rooms/realms are far out of my reach. After I used up my present stash I just may have to consider cutting back the amount of time I play on CC because I am not having people buy me rooms/realms that is not acceptable. It makes me sad because certain types of builds are going to vanish. An example is saying a story driven build that would use many small rooms/having rooms placed in buildings like a store.
  • BJDwareBJDware Down underMember, Retired Moderator
    edited March 2016
    A Start would be a players ability to recycle rooms/realms. Getting rid of unwanted or unneeded rooms/realms.

I Know i have many i would recycle. I Have roughly around six realms and thirty rooms that i would recycle as it stands at the moment.

It's a small start, but it would help in the long run.
  • Mcwolf the SaneMcwolf the Sane BangladeshMember
    What if these room sentries were for new rooms only, then? People could buy the room with 2k, but if they wish to keep it permanently, they'd buy a room sentry with 5k. This would be equal to the current 100x100 room price. And people who regularly come online can still buy at the low prices. The X number of blocks thing could be applicable here the same way they are used to determine the durability of realms in the overworld.
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    Like BJD suggested,

Maybe we should have the option to 'recycle' the room. We can receive a bit of the money back but not the entire thing.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SidddSiddd UKMember, Game Moderator
    BJDware said:

A Start would be a players ability to recycle rooms/realms. Getting rid of unwanted or unneeded rooms/realms.

I Know i have many i would recycle. I Have roughly around six realms and thirty rooms that i would recycle as it stands at the moment.

Could not agree more, the current changed price has forced me and many people I know, Nolana included, to no longer buy realms or rooms, it's just way too expensive in our opinion, i'm not ashamed to admit that.

Being able to re-pack a room would be a good start. Let's say you have to have a COMPLETELY empty room which gets re-packed into an empty room, the same could apply to a realm but that would be a little more tricky I guess.

Long story short, I really do understand the server strain and everyone, mostly the admin, must understand that my 'complaints' stem from a pure love for this game, but the current pricing, IMO, will end up as counter-intuitive.
    edited March 2016
    Repacking is definitely a thing we need, but separate to recycling.

Repacking will only reduce strain marginally if it does not alter blocks with said realm/room. But every little bit helps. But if it repacks back to default, that would be a larger improvement.

Recycling on the other hand is basically full deletion. So thats a larger decrease on strain.

So there's three options that would make great additions:
    >Pack room/realm - Pack your built room/realm into an item, saving all built content.
    ( a feature that should be charged to the player )

>Repack room/realm - Pack your built room/realm into an item, setting contents to default or empty.
    ( a feature that should be free or at low cost to the player )

>Recycle room/realm - A Full deletion of selected room/realm. Possibly with a percentage of cubic reimbursement.
    ( a feature that should be entirely free to the player )

I Also noticed that empty rooms costs as much as filled rooms now.. when did that happen? o.O
  • Mcwolf the SaneMcwolf the Sane BangladeshMember
    BJDware said:

I Also noticed that empty rooms costs as much as filled rooms now.. when did that happen? o.O

They have been the same price for a long time now, I guess. For as long as I've been playing, at least. That would be since after Christmas
  • What about deleting unwanted accounts as well, along with their realms/rooms?
  • scorto7scorto7 BelgiumRetired Moderator
    define unwanted accounts please.
    just to make sure i got it right.
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    scorto7 said:

define unwanted accounts please.
    just to make sure i got it right.

I guess accounts that people make but don't use it for a long long time.
  • scorto7scorto7 BelgiumRetired Moderator
    i see, ok. :)

What about deleting unwanted accounts as well, along with their realms/rooms?

I think I heard of something like so. I'm probably wrong, but some accounts get deleted after a while.
  • I am trying not to look at the room/realm prices because each time I do I feel like crying lol.
  • I am trying not to look at the room/realm prices because each time I do I feel like crying lol.

I haven't even looked at them either, I don't think I want to...
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    BJDware said:

I have a half full 30x30 room full with unwanted doors, and about 7 unneeded realms. I wish we could get rid of them too.
  • A full sized realm is five dollars worth of real world money O_O!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Wurf said:

I am trying not to look at the room/realm prices because each time I do I feel like crying lol.

Me too, I may be a horrible builder but it is still sad that I won't be able to buy Rooms or Realms anymore as I am a 'il poor qbee. It is such a big BIG upgrade of the prices.
    Yeah.... Me too. I should've bought everything before the update.
    #onlyhas1kcubits
  • CD87CD87 Member
    edited March 2016
    Deleting rooms and realms could be useful, but.....what about the items?

Recycling can also be a good idea. However, would the quitted players come back and recycle them?

Overall, we now have only one best option: Put the price back to normal.

Facts I found from hunting eggs in realm:
    1) 60% of all rooms / realms are abandoned. Half of them are starter realms, some of which have never been touched by the owners themselves.

To know exactly how much, just go in a lobby, bump search bumper, then type ANY words you like (Only 1 word). For example, if you type "Holla" then you'll see 15-25 realms, only 1-2 of which is active.

2) 10% of all realms are "XP realms", where owners leveled up. It can neither be destroyed nor reused. (Unless you put a nuke there)

3) 5% of the 60% have amazing structures and buildings that have abandoned for over half a year.

4) 25% are shops

5) The last 5% are used for other purposes (Playing, gaming, parkour-ing, scamming and so on)

Recap: This price raise won't stop the raise of realms, but it will INCREASE the amount of alternative accounts in order to grab the free starter realms (Instead of buying one)

• BJDware said:

Give this man a cookie! I better chooesed this instead of deletion. (Profit of course)
    You know, i was thinking...
    Recycling rooms/realms ( deleting ) could give recubes. That would be nice.
    Size and type could determine amount given.
    *looks at BJD* with the amount of rooms I have laying around, hidden under floors of my realms, in storage rooms I could have about 100 recubes xD
    BJDware said:

Not a bad idea, but I personally prefer cubits instead. Because, sure recube items are cool, but i don't use them much.

BJDware said:

Not a bad idea, but I personally prefer cubits instead. Because, sure recube items are cool, but i don't use them much.
    Don't use recubes?! *cries* think of all the water parks, opps, I did not just spoil my next realm build. xD #WaterBlockAllTheWay<3

BJDware said:

Don't use recubes?! *cries* think of all the water parks, opps, I did not just spoil my next realm build. xD #WaterBlockAllTheWay<3</p>
    Haha water parks you say? A water slide works! Marchie ,ade one in her realm :p so awesome. Anyways, i do have 8 recube that hasn't increased in the ehhhh last 3 months? 0.0 But I personally want the money rolling in instead of doing recubes. because sometimes recube item are not as profitable.
    8 recubes! 8! No comments. When I had 200k+ I'd go tho 20+ a week, more. Recubes are amazing. Who doesn't like trashing items and actually getting a reward? I could spend hours in Town Center trashing bones! :p

8 recubes! 8! No comments. When I had 200k+ I'd go tho 20+ a week, more. Recubes are amazing. Who doesn't like trashing items and actually getting a reward? I could spend hours in Town Center trashing bones! :p

Yea just 8 because i'm not a very big spender. Only when i have too much hat after 294239618 seconds ( heh/ did i get you there? did you think i say years/) of random wandering. But trashing bones?! @gdog
    edited March 2016
    Mixed response eh? Could always give the option between recubes and cubits upon recycling. Wouldnt be that hard to implement.
    BJDware said:

Mixed response eh? Could always give the option between recubes and cubits upon recycling. Wouldnt be that hard to implement.

Ooh yes! A option to get recube or cubits sounds good!