Cubic Castles Out Of Ideas

13»

Comments

• And another thing - How does one keep tons of "common" hats and "rare" hats and items in a realm, not do anything with them, like collection rooms, honestly I think collection rooms are realms that people have to just show off their stuff.

Showing off your cool builds is way more impressive. Too bad I don't have much cubits to make a major build. :/

Very true! "All" collections are made for showing off :p
    Fixed that for you. If you didn't want to show off at all, you wouldn't wear clothes.
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember

And another thing - How does one keep tons of "common" hats and "rare" hats and items in a realm, not do anything with them, like collection rooms, honestly I think collection rooms are realms that people have to just show off their stuff.

Showing off your cool builds is way more impressive. Too bad I don't have much cubits to make a major build. :/

Very true! "All" collections are made for showing off :p
    Fixed that for you. If you didn't want to show off at all, you wouldn't wear clothes.
    I wouldnt say that, I wear clothes because I like how it looks and not the effect it has on others...
  • I don't think the game is out of ideas, sculpty blocks are something I've been dreaming of for a long time, The devs do indeed put a lot of work into this game to make it good for building and clothing.

However I still believe that there needs to be a better way of showcasing good realms and giving more attention to player builds, I noticed that Mr Penguin made a suggestion for a portal park kind of thing where you can place a temporary portal to your realm.

Here is his thread: http://forums2.cubiccastles.com/index.php?p=/discussion/7782/a-new-way-to-show-off-realms#latest

I myself have also made a suggestion, my idea is to have players create their own quests, these quests can be accessed through a quest hub that prioritizes the display of realms that haven't had their quests played yet and also displays the top rated quests.

You can find it here: http://forums2.cubiccastles.com/index.php?p=/discussion/7779/idea-player-made-adventures#latest
  • We have so many ideas that it would take a lifetime to do them all :o There are also parts of the game we are either re-doing or want to re-do. Basically it's a game that will never be done.
  • CosmicCow said:

We have so many ideas that it would take a lifetime to do them all :o There are also parts of the game we are either re-doing or want to re-do. Basically it's a game that will never be done.

Will you add the interactuable balls and the mine monsters thingy? <3 That would make me happy
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    Mufflon said:

CosmicCow said:

We have so many ideas that it would take a lifetime to do them all :o There are also parts of the game we are either re-doing or want to re-do. Basically it's a game that will never be done.

Will you add the interactuable balls and the mine monsters thingy?
    I hope that and many more :O
  • Mufflon said:

CosmicCow said:

I hope that and many more :O
    Ooo!
  • Mufflon said:

CosmicCow said:

And the tons of pages of things I suggested? ;-;
  • edited November 2016
    If a new guy can interject, I think that developing a game is nothing short of a herculean ordeal. My GOD! I can barely DREAM of getting past the frustrations of glitches where the code seems perfectly written and every punctuation in its place, yet STILL not working.

Only 3 guys trying to build an MMO? Goodness gracious. To my understanding of the scale for simply making games, the reason there is not so much "content" with updates but rather "fashion" is because that is the quickest/easiest to implement in short order. Anything bigger or grander requires an expansion of the game's paradigm, which is effectively writing another whole block of game from scratch. Or it's like a whole NEW game on a smaller scale than the main game, still from scratch. Adding a new outfit just requires a (relatively) quick session in the team's favorite drawing program, a couple lines in the "outfits" file, and BAM! New content. No reorganization, no overhaul, no major changes to moving parts (or bringing in MORE moving parts), it's a relatively simple thing to push that also shows the developers are still working on the game.

Can anyone imagine what kind of work that must be like? I feel like even I'm grasping the air at this.

New hats (or pets, if you're not me) show that the developers still care, as they try to tide over its community until the next big release.

It is not a shortage of ideas, my friend(s). It is rather the limitations of human resources, budget, and (arguably) technical constraints.

P.S. Fort Knight already received at least 6 or 12 comments of "WOW, this is HUGE," or "WOW, this is AMAZING!" And it's not even HALF DONE yet! :O Seriously, I THRIVE off that kind of attention! Not to sound like a narcissist, but...FEED MY EGO! >:D No joke, the pride generated from that kind of positive attraction is nothing short of glorious, and that is awesome. So why not keep making it bigger and better? Why change the attitude when it results in huge construction projects which lead to even more greatness for both the community and my own self-satisfaction? Yes, Fort Knight IS open to visit from the public. On top of that, I have a map of at least six OTHER projects I could get to work on. And if you want to brag about how many Cubits you have...As far as I'm concerned, they're good for only one thing: massive bulks of building materials to make these dreams come alive!

Admittedly, Fort Knight *IS* going to have a Trophy Room to show off the "rares" and other things that are either truly valuable or perceived to be valuable...but none of these things were "bought" but EARNED! Like, I did the work of mining and found green Dehydrated Cubes (3 or 4 in total as of this initial writing), and one of which became Gold, and whatever becomes of that will get shown off. I didn't simply buy it for X thousand Cubits. I WORKED for that "very rare" hat or got lucky from the Cubit Store. My Redwood Hat came not just from buying the Quest Pack, but actually COMPLETING the proper Quests, instead of buying the hat from some player who wants to make some Cubits. So, be it through raw labor or things I "bought" through Cubit Store RNG, they are symbols of achievement and not merely wealth. Maybe there's a contradiction in there, but the point is that I want to emphasize hard work over the biggest budget, even if said budget provides serious relief towards impatience. Buying bulk resources for example is a tremendous shortcut instead of mining for them ad nauseam. Long story short: Trophy Room is to highlight achievement!

What I'm trying to say is, the building side of Cubic Castles is NOT yet dead. And neither is its social side. It's just, they may be harder to find...but if you work at it (and/or you give Real Money to keep the game afloat and the devs fed), you'll dig up some real gems. ;)
  • Cc is getting pretty boring but the updates make it fun I guess, they should add combat and stuff and capture the flag and many things to be not bored and make u play more
  • Attention everyone, thanks alot for not treating me as hate in the replys, I was honestly expecting the threat flooded with hate. At least I didn't regret having the guts to actually check it out, I checked all of the comments today, because honestly, when I saw "60" near my world icon, my legs were proper shaking, and I was regretting posting this. I may just rarely enter cubic castles for communicating with my old friends, but that's it.
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    Well, if there was hating comments this thread would be closed to be honest. And no need to be afraid of hate, you are only sharing your oppinion and there is freedom of speaking right?
  • AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
    edited November 2016

Well, if there was hating comments this thread would be closed to be honest. And no need to be afraid of hate, you are only sharing your oppinion and there is freedom of speaking right?

Agreed lol. Debates are good, so long as they aren't full of flames. Everyone has the right to share their opinions and everyone has the right to politely disagree.
    This is a good discussion. It has really gotten the community thinking :D
  • edited November 2016
    Yap u r right but u r wrong, its not about out of idea, but your disagrees on the new update, and your feels towards old updates... well but others support it, though. This game will always getting better and better with the newest update, and the problems will never exist forever, just need some times for the developer to fix it, lazy to read all those super long essay.
    That's all from me, have a nice day~
  • People will love this game for different reasons, and hate it for different reasons. You can never please everyone. So my opinion on this is not very long:

The updates are constantly changing to fit the communities needs, and I like the contrasting packs. The devs are really nice people that have a long to-do list, so respect goes to them. There's always room for improvements, but improvements take time. You might prefer the old days of CC, fair enough. It might get boring, but try to consider the fact that updates can't happen at the click of a finger.

I'm a watermelon, goodbye.
  • The thing about suggestions not being added is not true.

My suggestion got added in. Around when I first started I suggested for the admins to add in a dragon, they said they will think about it And look now, a dragon pet :D.
    Some peoples ideas may be put in, the admins can't go around adding every idea into the game.
    They have to go through a process to find the best suggestions.
  • Cubic Castles isn't Boring anymore, if you guys just build and mine and it's getting boring because some of you just selling hats and doesn't want to build because it's too tiring too mine materials? or too boring to go out and go to some mines? instead of saying selling hats or buying super rares in hollas, why don't you just say in holla buying some materials like "Sands, stones, gold, etc.." you know cubic castles isn't boring if you just use your imagination and make your dream realm.
  • ...you know cubic castles isn't boring if you just use your imagination and make your dream realm.

That's exactly what *I* have been doing! And I can reaffirm this sentiment! :)
  • edited November 2016
    Angel said:

I'm honestly in the game for the building aspect and have been since day 1.
    Biggest disappointment is that fact that I'll spend forever on a build and I'll complete it... and and no one will really bother to show up.

I work incredibly hard on my builds and because they fail to offer up an item for sale or a giveaway, or if it's not an OFFICIAL realm that'll benefit exp or cubits then no one is interested.

Yes, it's still hard to share. But how do we make people visit more realms? Or have more interest in the creation's of other players?

Of course the official realms have xp and people generally play and enjoy the xp quests, but we can't simply give players the ability to generate xp themselves as this will very quickly be abused as a way to hack the level system.

I have tried some things.. best levels voting contest, realm museum etc..

I'm open to other ideas...
    Now don't get me wrong like I said before I still totally take pride in my builds regardless and I'm not asking for more leeway especially if abuse were to come out of it. It's a slight bummer that visits aren't usually abundant without a holla but "oh well". Their loss if they don't explore I guess. Lol.
    But yeah, If anyone's got some idea's... like yeah I'd be down too. :P

Hmm what if we had that broadcast of random realms that we use to have to where it was like a hollawarp and it would randomize every few minutes? '-'
    Atlest it's not like the most popular room/realm like GT. We have the lobby search for popular realms.
    Gollum said:

I looked at it prior to leaving my comment, it's similar in the sense that both games are focused around ghosts... on Halloween... yea, guess you didn't think that one through

think you've been out of gaming to long if you can make the statement " COD doesn't have any vehicles"

It does XD. In one of the games I drove a tank, and a car and a helicopter and used a RC vehicle with a machine gun thing on it.

Gollum said:

Oh hey, CC has a similar item to growtopia... They must be copying them!
    Oh hey, Call of Duty has guns and tanks... They must be copying Battlefield!
    Wow, The Witcher has mountable horses just like Skyrim... They must be copying them!

Hundreds of games have similar items. And just because these 2 games have similar items or events doesn't mean they are copying each other.

Just to say every game has similar items. It's impossible to find a game that doesn't have similar stuff, I mean I have been gaming for 10 years just about and every game has 1 or lots of items that are the same. It's like music that sounds the same. We have made so much music it's hard to not find a similar song (Unless you make a EDM a Dubstep song or something like that (some sounds might be the same but anywho) I mean we as humans are putting so much stuff out there, it's like we are all independent people who will follow their goals in life and make stuff along the way and meet new friends)

• I don't know what this thread is all about, the amount here written rivals that of the twilight series lol.

I love this game and the direction it is going, it is obvious to me the devs work hard and I am grateful. I have no qualms with anything overall except minor gripes like recube items being plants.

I love building and I found the easiest way to get people to see my builds is giving them a tour personally. I meet and friend new people constantly this way. I only need a few people to appreciate what I do to make my time worth it. Thank you friends and Devs <3.

Cubic castles is the bees knees (do bees even have knees *gasp*)!
  • CD87CD87 Member
    edited November 2016
    Time to cool this down now, don't let this split the community in half...
    Basically, I'm on neither side:

1) The developers DID implement many things from players' suggestions. One of many of them is the sculpty blocks/pixel blocks, which is an improved idea from my "Vertical half block" or many other players' similar suggestions.

2) There are too many clothing items in the game. It's not because I don't like them, it's because they attracted the players to obtain them, then show off in front of the crowd. (That's a natural humans'/childrens' desire)

3) If they have cool things and/or are wealthy, they will surely advertise it to the community. But in case you don't know, this DOES happen in the real world. You'll see people wearing high-end clothes, luxury accessories, having expensive cars, phones, .... in your life. People call it "Face culture". So don't blame CC for being a fashion show, because this is a social game.

4)It's also true that the building/exploring aspect in the game is decreasing. As there are less and less cool builders out there. Only familiar faces show up and introduce to the community cool realms, which hardly does anyone bother about it. Because the players only focus in trades/shop-keeping/cosmetics, the builders have dramatically decreased, which pulls the numbers of explorers down (Since there're not many nice realms nowsadays)

I, myself, who is a veteran parkour player, have missed the feeling of playing a new and unique parkour. There has been literally zero new parkours introduced in neither hollas (Which costs cubits) nor forum (Which is free) in the past months (Maybe I've missed 1 or 2, but only that many in 3 months?)

Yes, it's still hard to share. But how do we make people visit more realms? Or have more interest in the creation's of other players?

Of course the official realms have xp and people generally play and enjoy the xp quests, but we can't simply give players the ability to generate xp themselves as this will very quickly be abused as a way to hack the level system.

I have tried some things.. best levels voting contest, realm museum etc..

I'm open to other ideas...

@SirKewberth
    I have a few suggestions for you:
    +My old suggestions such as "cubits for prizes" and "cubit card"
    +Doing monthly realm voting/competition with prizes
    +Teach the new players how to share their creations in the tutorial. (This is hard to do, but it'll be very good if you can)

And for all the players that are thinking that "Just put good prizes in the realm and they'll come". I'm sorry, but 90% of the players will only care about the prize, not the realm.

Take my Blue Course 2 as an example. After 4 times of holla-ing (1 per week, in different time), only approximately 10% left suggestions, comments like "NIce parkour", "I like this", or even criticisms such as "This ____s" or "I HATE THIS I QUIT". They just take the prize and leave the realm, that's all. (or they'll silently leave if they can't)
  • edited November 2016
    I was going to have a hardcore parkour coming up in the future. No specifics yet, just that it will be "Paladin Proving Grounds".

Also, Sir Kewberth, can't you give "featured Realms" XP quests, too? Like, specifically the greatest and more awesome places (that are NOT made by developers OR moderators) can have their own quests. On the other hand, that reinforces the same problem: the players will care about the prize, not the hard work that went into making such a jaw-dropping Realm.
  • Fluffy 303Fluffy 303 Somewhere Over The RainbowMember
    You kno when i was a nub and i started, i thought "O BOY I GET TO BUILD STUFF AND BE HAPPY" and you know what i did? I built stuff, and you know what that made me? Happy. Some people say this game is a "fashion show" and i say, sure it can be, but there are also tons of things you can build too! People even build fashion shows lol. There are many blocks to build with and more keep coming. I do not think they are running out of ideas, i think they are working on them slowly one by one to make the game better. Sure there are new clothing items that come out from time to time, that is for the TRADING aspect of the game, and there are new blocks coming out for the game that you can build with.

Take the leaf piles for instance, many people love them and they look nice for builds. And when i look at the sculpty blocks, they are VERY useful for many new types of building ways, people are making chair's, tables ect. out of them and i think it's pretty cool!

So when people say this game is running out of ideas, i don't think it is. I will still enjoy the game even if the updates aren't that exciting, i mean come on, i ALWAYS make a new update exciting (to me anyways, i mess around with the new things).
  • Bruh all these essays y'all writing, I can't write nun lmao, but this part made me laugh "But seriously, if you don't want to die with starvation because cubic castles becomes lonely castles, get some ideas from the suggestions area." lmao