Full guide to obtaining free cubits

CD87CD87 Member
edited November 2017 in Community
Read this before you start
If you like the game, consider not using these methods too often and supporting the game by buying cubits with cash.

Section 1: Learn the basic!

1) What is a cubit?

Cubit is the main currency in Cubic Castles. You can use it to buy various and useful things in the store or from other players.
Of course, you do NOT have to buy cubits in order to play, build and enjoy the game.

2) What are the ways to obtain free cubits

There are currently 5 main ways to obtain free cubits:

+Mining.
+Trading with other players. (Including receiving cubits as prizes in player-made events)
+Daily quest
+Tapjoy offers.
+Official events.

Section 2: Ways to obtain free cubits (In details)

Mining is the most basic way in order to gain cubits. Basically, a cubit will spawn when mining any blocks in any realms.

Fact: It takes approximately 20 blocks in order to obtain 1 cubit.

There are some tips that can help you in this method:

#1: Set your goal everyday!

For example, if you play Cubic Castles for 1 hour a day, you should spend at least 15 minutes. The original mining speed in the game is around 3 seconds/block.

Then the amount of blocks you'll mine is: 15*60/3 = 300 blocks
And the amount of cubits you'll get is: 300/20 = 15 cubits

#2: Sell the materials you mined!

Blocks are always on demands, so you can make extra cubits from it. But the main point is that, can you find the customers that need your blocks?

Recommended materials to mine: Sand, water, dirt, grass/tropical grass and all farm-able products (Rubber, cotton, etc)

#3: Dehydrated cubes!

If you like mining, you might have come across these. If you get a cube (Especially blue and green), then congratulations! You've just won hundreds of cubits for yourself, or possibly an item that you need! But still, you need to find customers to get cubits.

For more details about dehydrated cubes, here's a topic for you: http://forums2.cubiccastles.com/index.php?p=/discussion/5059/rehydrators-hydrator-cubes/p1

Pros and cons

Pros:
+Very easy to do
+Might get lucky items from dehydrated cubes

Cons: The cubit production speed is VERY low (For 1000c, you'll have to mine 20000 blocks, which takes a lot of time)

This is the most common way to obtain cubits. It is divided into 2 categories:

1/ Selling items to other players

There's a simple diagram to describe this:

Get blocks/items -> Sell to players -> Get cubits -> Repeat

There are a few roles for you to play:

#1: A miner/farmer

Already said above, you can mine items and sell them to players for cubits. Farmers work almost the same way as miners, except that you can work within your realm(s).

Tip: Be active and sell them with cheap prices, you'll eventually become suppliers for the big and famous players in the game.

Pros:
+Easy to do, requires little preparations (If you're a farmer)
+Help you level up very fast.

Cons:
+Patience (You need to grind a lot, but it's part of all MMO games)
+Less time for fun (Which might lead to boredom and quitting)

#2: A shopkeeper

You find blocks/items, display it in your realm, give a price tag, find a cash register (or a vending machine), wait for customers, they buy them (If they like the price), and you'll get cubits. Sounds simple, but actually a bit hard to do.

New to shopkeeping? Visit this thread: http://forums2.cubiccastles.com/index.php?p=/discussion/632/full-guide-to-building-a-good-shop/p1

Pros: Make fast cubits, can help doing daily quests for extra cubits.

Cons:
+Customers needed! No buyers, no cubits!
+Knowledge of item prices is required to set a good price.
+Might need some perks.
+Shopkeeping can also lead you to boredom (Until you get some vending machines)

#3: A merchant

Besides displaying items in your realm, you can just bring it to other players' realms and advertise them.

Tip: Don't beg other players to buy it! If they say "No", then just leave!

Pros:
+An item to sell is all you need to make cubits!
+Good when you want to sell cosmetic items.

Cons:
+Takes time traveling from realms to realms.
+People will hate you (Or even ban you) if you advertise in the wrong place (Ex: In a giveaway, players' events)

2/Take part in player-made events!

If you think you have some skills in a particular aspect (Pvp, art, parkour, building,...) then you can sign up and join those events. You might become a winner and be given prizes and cubits!

Pros:
+Easy to win, since there're usually not many players participating. (Giveaway is one of some exceptions)
+Require no/little investment

Cons: Watch out for scams!

You get 1 quest everyday, and the quest's difficulty depends on your level. The higher level you are, the harder the quest.
All daily quest will award you 50c for each completion

Note: You can only stack upto 3 daily quests!

There's hardly any tips for you here, except one thing: Make sure to play daily to steadily get cubits!

Pros:
+Free cubits up for grab
+Provide a steady income
+Takes little time

Cons: The amount of cubits gained is low (50c for a day)

Note: Only android/IOS users have this feature available in the game.

If you've heard of bitcoins, testing games for cash, watching videos for in-game currency, then this is probably familiar to you.

There are many types of offers, some of them might require skills, a lot of luck or paying to complete.

Fact: Since you can get patron (A title which is only given for supporting the game - buying cubits) when doing these, this might possibly be a way to support the game if you can't put in real money.

Pros:
+You can do it anywhere with internet connection.
+Support the game without buying cubits.

Cons:
+Games are hard to beat
+Some apps might contain viruses, so do it at your own risk!

Like player-made events, there's a variety of events for you to pick: Parkour, art, building,....

But in official events, the rewards are BIG. Really big, to be honest. Thus, you'll be facing against the best of the best in every category. (Yes, EVERY category)

So, if you're really confident with your skill, then give it a try. It's really fun competing against them, and you'll get more than just prizes, even if you lose.

Pros:
+Earn a lot of cubits (The record was 1 million cubits)
+Have a chance to test your skill
+Allow you to witness others' skills, or even speak with them.

Cons:
+Hard to win
+Might require decent/a lot of investment. (For competitions)

Tip: There are events on CC's Facebook page too (https://www.facebook.com/cubiccastles/?ref=br_rs), be sure to check back often!

Section 3: A typical example

A Qbee named EXAMPLE has these characteristics:

+Level: 10
+Perk related: Faster mining
+Occupation: Miner, farmer and shopkeeper
+Play time: 1 hour a day (3 periods, 20 minutes for each), 5 days a week.
+Time spent on mining: 20 minutes per day.
+Material that the Qbee mines: Sand only
+Crop that the Qbee plants: Tomato only

Question: How much cubits can be made per month?

The constants and conditions that we'll use:
+Cubit rate: 20 blocks/cubit
+1 month = 4 weeks = 27 days (Not because I don't know basic mathematics, but to get a nice number later)
+Mining speed: 1.5 seconds/block (Due to the perk)
+Price of sand: 10 sand/cubit
+Price of tomato: 10 cubits each
+1 hour = 60 minutes = 3600 seconds.
+The total cubits the Qbee gain from shopkeeping is 10 cubits per day (That's really low)
+This Qbee uses only the starter farm pack, does not expand the farm at all, and spends half of the crops to buy new seeds

Total days that this Qbee plays in a month: 5 days * 4 weeks = 20 days
Total play time in a month: 20 days * 1 hour = 20 hours

Total cubits earned from daily quest: 50 cubits * 20 days = 1000 cubits

Total time spent in mining: (20 minutes * 20 days)*60 seconds = 24000 seconds
Total blocks mined: 24000 seconds / 1.5 = 16000 blocks
Total cubits earned from mining: 16000 blocks / 20 = 800 cubits

=> The total income that is guaranteed is: 1000 + 800 = 1800 cubits.

Selling sand everyday: 16000 blocks / 10 = 1600 cubits
Tapjoy offers: 200 cubits per month in average.
1 (Red) dehydrated cube per month: 100 cubits
Sellibg crops:
+Total crops obtained: 5
+Total cubits gained per 3 days: 5*10 cubits = 50 cubits
+Total cubits gained per month: 50 cubits * (27 days / 3 days) = 450 cubits

=> Total extra income: 1600 + 200 + 100 + 450 = 2350 cubits

[spoiler=Answer or TL:DR]
The amount of cubits this Qbee can make per month is: 1800 cubits (+2350 cubits for extra income)

Section 4: Community tips

1) Market manipulating (Use cubits to make cubits): Buy items at a low enough price to resell for profit. Therefore, the extra cubits that you received from it will be counted as "Free cubits".

2) Investing: Purchasing items that show promise of potential future price inflation, such as event items.

3) (Coming soon)

Last words: Thank you for reading my guide, if you have any tips, suggestions, feedbacks, don't mind putting a comment here, I'd love to read all your comments. And, remember to vote in the poll, it's really important.

It's been a while since I wrote a guide, and I hope it will be as good as the last 2. (And it did become an announcement, thanks a lot)

Comments

• BJDwareBJDware Down underMember, Retired Moderator
    Two points missing for a complete guide IMO.

1. Market manipulation - Buy items at a low enough price to resell for profit.

2. Investment - Purchasing items that show promise of potential future price inflation, such as event items.
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    BJDware said:

2. Investment - Purchasing items that show promise of potential future price inflation, such as event items.

Doesnt that count as something else than free cubits? Since you have to pay cubits in the first place to get extra
  • BJDwareBJDware Down underMember, Retired Moderator
    edited November 2016

BJDware said:

Doesnt that count as something else than free cubits? Since you have to pay cubits in the first place to get extra
    One does not have to purchase cubits to use those methods. Consider it as an advanced step process.
    To put it simply, somebody has followed the guide, and wish to put those cubits to use to potentially invest and double ( or more ) their cubits.

In the end, it's free cubits.
  • lucaaa795 said:

"Pros:
    +Earn a lot of cubits (The record was 1 million cubit)"
    No way.The one who told u this was probably lying o-o
    ------
    Besides of that weird thing,This guide should become a announcement!
    Helpful!

What's that mean? What's weird? :P

Anyway, I liked this, it didn't quite help me, but as I know all of this already I know it will really help some new players who need some help earning more cubits. :)
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    lucaaa795 said:

lucaaa795 said:

"Pros:
    +Earn a lot of cubits (The record was 1 million cubit)"
    No way.The one who told u this was probably lying o-o
    ------
    Besides of that weird thing,This guide should become a announcement!
    Helpful!

What's that mean? What's weird? :P

Anyway, I liked this, it didn't quite help me, but as I know all of this already I know it will really help some new players who need some help earning more cubits. :)
    I meant about how u can get 1m from tapjoy offers o-o
    Ummmm, that part is standing at events
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    BJDware said:

The thing about market manipulation is that people go too far with it. If a mewmew is normally priced at 2.5k then there WILL be people buyin it at 100c. Of course it will lessen their chance of getting a mewmew but it has an negative effect on the pricing usually. It may create a reputation of being worth 100 from original. As one goes on it'll be almost half its price. Now the second negative impact of market manipulation is the overpricing. I have seen MANY players do so. If a Ramm is worth 200k, they will try to sell it at 300k. And for what reason?! Because it's discontinued?? They have to realize they aren't the last choice. People have to be reasonable with pricing...
  • I have an idea.
    Tapjoy
    Subcribe to Disney and get the newest movies
    Profit
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember

I have an idea.
    Tapjoy
    Subcribe to Disney and get the newest movies
    Profit

Unless you can't afford to subscribe
  • Thank you for the comments so far, thread updated
    BJDware said:

Added to community tips.
  • CortanaCortana UnknownMember, Retired Moderator
    Will make it be an announcement :) should be helpful for the ones who doesn't know how to earn cubits.
  • edited December 2016
    CD87 said:

A Qbee named EXAMPLE has these characteristics:

+Level: 10
    +Perk related: Faster mining
    +Occupation: Miner + shopkeeper
    +Play time: 1 hour a day (3 periods, 20 minutes for each), 5 days a week.
    +Time spent on mining: 20 minutes per day.
    +Material that the Qbee mines: Sand only

Question: How much cubits can he make per month?

The constants and conditions that we'll use:
    +Cubit rate: 20 blocks/cubit
    +1 month = 4 weeks
    +Mining speed: 1.5 seconds/block (Due to the perk)
    +Price of sand: 10 sand/cubit
    +1 hour = 60 minutes = 3600 seconds.
    +The total cubits the Qbee gain from shopkeeping is 10 cubits per day (That's really low)

Total days that this Qbee plays in a month: 5 days * 4 weeks = 20 days
    Total play time in a month: 20 days * 1 hour = 20 hours

Total cubits earned from daily quest: 50 cubits * 20 days = 1000 cubits

Total time spent in mining: (20 minutes * 20 days)*60 seconds = 24000 seconds
    Total blocks mined: 24000 seconds / 1.5 = 16000 blocks
    Total cubits earned from mining: 16000 blocks / 20 = 800 cubits

=> The total income that is guaranteed is: 1000 + 800 = 1800 cubits.

If there's a sand buyer everyday: 16000 blocks / 10 = 1600 cubits
    If he does tapjoy offers: 200 cubits per month in average.
    If he can earn 1 (Red) dehydrated cube per month: 100 cubits

=> Total extra income: 1600 + 200 + 100 = 1900 cubits

The amount of cubits he can make per month is: 1800 cubits (+1900 cubits for extra income)

Events?
    Daily quest takes no time?
  • CD87CD87 Member
    edited December 2016

Daily quest takes no time?

@Sud%20Piececoin_9742
    Well, they are relatively easy to do, especially for a lv10 player
  • I'm stuck at the mecho spikes quest because 2 of them requires me to make blue mecho spikes while 1 of them is yellow. And I'm fed up at that part
  • What about games? (Of course not scam ones) like PDC or Pick the chest?
  • What about games? (Of course not scam ones) like PDC or Pick the chest?

@LegendOfMystic
    Yes, they are possible ways to earn cubits, but I didn't put it in because it is pretty unsafe
  • Ultra.Ultra. Member
    edited December 2016
    What about Vends? Or getting a low level pet then reselling as a higher level? I went to the link and saw you misspelt Customers in that section, Your welcome.
  • CD87CD87 Member
    edited December 2016

What about Vends?

@LegendOfMystic
    That is in my guide to shop-keeping. You can visit it here: http://forums2.cubiccastles.com/index.php?p=/discussion/632/full-guide-to-building-a-good-shop
  • Good guide... i do got like 1c for every 20 blocks i mined, but i found that now, i got less cubits like 25blocks, i can only get 1..maybe bacause of my perk :p
  • Good guide... i do got like 1c for every 20 blocks i mined, but i found that now, i got less cubits like 25blocks, i can only get 1..maybe bacause of my perk :p

If you have the perk of "Doubled the Cubits when Mining" & Chances are doubled (Different perk) maybe it can lessen the mining counts.
  • Update the guide please, red hydrated now only 5c..
    But i think this discussion is informative, thanks :)
    Anyway, how many cubits i need to pay to get patron? will i get it if i buy $1.99 (1000 cubits) ?
  • CortanaCortana UnknownMember, Retired Moderator

Update the guide please, red hydrated now only 5c..
    Anyway, how many cubits i need to pay to get patron? will i get it if i buy $1.99 (1000 cubits) ?

If I recall correctly, patron is obtainable at 4000c+, not below that.
  • LazydanLazydan Member
    edited January 2017
    Usefull guide, i hope i find this guide sooner like when im a really newb.
  • Cortana said:

If I recall correctly, patron is obtainable at 4000c+, not below that.
    Oh okay thankyou :)
  • CD87CD87 Member
    edited January 2017

Good guide... i do got like 1c for every 20 blocks i mined, but i found that now, i got less cubits like 25blocks, i can only get 1..maybe bacause of my perk :p

@I%20am%20noob%20and%20poor

It said "approximately 20 blocks", so you might get a cubit with less/more blocks.

@AejeongEon
    It totally depends on the player that buys it.
  • Muito Bom aprendi muito!!
  • I use ThisIsNotSlim market price :3
  • Very usefull guide. Helps me alot! Thank you for that!
  • gender i saw you at pens yard rentals
  • :>
This discussion has been closed.