Store counter Bell

BJDwareBJDware Down underMember, Retired Moderator
edited January 2017 in Suggestions & Comments
This is a ported discussion from the old forums.
Old forum discussion: http://cubiccastles.forumtl.com/t6360-store-counter-bell

Found an excellent store? Owner not within, but possibly online? Or perhaps you own a store and wish to be notified of a potential customer? Don't like random friend invites or inviting? Then this is a suggestion for you!

I Propose a Store counter bell!

"How does it work?"

-
If the room owner is not within the room that contains the bell, ringing it will give the owner a simple notification. That way the owner is aware of your presence. Vice versa.

"But i don't want people to spam it!"

-
Well this can be avoided by:
Removing the bell.
The bell mechanics have a single ring limit per user per visit.

"How would the notification present itself?"

-
Well initially i am thinking of a simple "ding" sound along with a pop-up tab on the side. Much alike the clan pop-up tabs. The pop-up can simple advise you that it was rung, or it can be more informative by displaying the players name ( but that may be an issue for multiple players ringing the bell ).

"What if the owner is not online at all?"

-
Well it could show a simple notification to the player who rung the bell. along the lines of "The Owner is currently not online at this time. Perhaps try again later."

"And if the owner is within the room?"

-
Displays a simple notification to the player who rang: "Sorry, but the owner is currently in the room. Lets try to ring this when it is needed."
Or as such.

"How about cost?"

-
Personally, i would like to see it within 100-300 cubits. But in the end, if it is implemented it will be upon the development staff. But that doesn't mean we cannot discuss and suggest price.

Additions from feedback:

Warp option to the notification. By Cubic Dragon Wing:
Nice idea. I am usually not in the shop as i now have 2 shops and this could help as we know someone wants to buy from the other shop and a warp could be helpful as well

Changing the ring function to the player who placed the bell instead of room owner. By truehypersonic:
i would like the bell to notify someone other player , then the owner
cause i operate multiple accounts,
i would like my primera to get the notification

"Then how about changing the function to "ring" the one who placed the bell instead of the room owner? Same mechanics as the cash register."

I Would like to encourage thoughts and further idea's upon this. So please, post away in regards to this suggestion.

#ImprovedTrading

Comments

• pysinopysino WA Australia Member
    Nice, putting an old topic from the old forum back here :D
  • BJDwareBJDware Down underMember, Retired Moderator
    edited February 2016
    >pyswar< said:

Nice, putting an old topic from the old forum back here :D

It is a suggestion that should not be lost to any new and old forum users alike.
    And to be honest.. i really want to see this in the game. Sellers and buyers need more tools ( hence why i ported the "vending machines" topic as well. ).
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    Loving this idea, very nice. :) +1 again :D

#StartPlayingIn-GameBJD!<3
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    It sounds like a fine idea BJD! But it would be annoying if someone was to spam it. So time limits?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Well how about relogging? There is atleast one way to do so :U
    Yes, if you read the initial post, it explains a few potential ways to avoid spam.

"Would you use this as a shop owner?"

"Would you use such a device as a consumer?"
  • iBunniezillaiBunniezilla New ZealandMember
    "Would I use this as a shop owner?"
    Yes, I would. But not during hollas. DEFINATELY nope... .-.

"Would you use such a device as a consumer?"
    Yup, yup.
  • If they improved shop keeping I might consider trying to be one. I have a short attention span and sitting in one place is to much for me unless I am doing something.
  • This is a great idea... Also yes, more crowd control...
    I Would love to see more input in regards to this. C:
  • Cubic MomCubic Mom Retired Moderator
    I loved this suggestion on the old forums, so I'm glad you brought it back!!! Would love to see this since I'm usually out mining ;)
  • I love this idea because I'm normaly not in my shop but when I do got there, there is sometimes a HUGE crowd of people waiting to buy something, but instead if they all hit the bell then I'd know to go to my shop ASAP so I can earn some money!
    Good idea!! :D
  • +1
  • For reduce of spamming. There could be a flood control option. To set the time a user has to wait to ring again. Maybe we can even be able to click "Ring". And include message on what we need to buy?
  • +1! :D
  • -Geo- said:

For reduce of spamming. There could be a flood control option. To set the time a user has to wait to ring again. Maybe we can even be able to click "Ring". And include message on what we need to buy?

Instead of messaging since we may not understand what the customer is asking, there could be options, kinda like how you can text someone a ready-made message when you get a phone call?

For Example:
    - I would like to buy an item!
    - Checking out the shop/realm.
    - Could we negotiate?
    - I am selling an item! (If the owner is buying certain items)
  • You know... BJDware makes the best suggestions and it sucks that it doesn't get added. CosmicCow posted that they like the idea like a month ago and obviously this item never happened...

Heck even the Vending Machine was a spectacular idea and it was never noticed.

So if good ideas never come to reality... Then what the heck is the point of the suggestion forum :/

You know... BJDware makes the best suggestions and it sucks that it doesn't get added. CosmicCow posted that they like the idea like a month ago and obviously this item never happened...

Heck even the Vending Machine was a spectacular idea and it was never noticed.

So if good ideas never come to reality... Then what the heck is the point of the suggestion forum :/

No need to be like that.
    You must understand that adding items are not as easy as it sounds, and it will take time. Not to mention that the developers have their hands full with many other things.
    If they plan to implement the idea's, they will do so in time. If they do not, i am sure they have good reasons not to C:

Thank you for the support. I'm glad my suggestions and opinions are valued.
  • Ultra.Ultra. Member
    edited May 2016
    +1 I love that except people could use Alternate accounts to spam it.
  • smuressmures Member

Tbh, I really wouldn't want to get my alts out just to spam the bell lol
    Plus I think any owner would come in less than 5 minutes once they find out they have a customer (unless they're afk)
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    Its a nice idea.
    But i prefer they worked on something else tbh.
    I worked in sales for a decade. I don't like bells. Its promotes a lazy form of hospitality.
    If you are running a shop then you should be focused on the customers present.
    If your shop is closed. Then lock the room or use the open/closed signs.
  • Ultra.Ultra. Member

Tbh, I really wouldn't want to get my alts out just to spam the bell lol
    Plus I think any owner would come in less than 5 minutes once they find out they have a customer (unless they're afk)
    True but trolls do exist. ._.
  • Agreed +1, suggest when ring bell, notification will appear on the mobile phone notification menu bar.
  • Amazing idea...
    Suggestion....

Bell Bumpers
    Bell

When someone rings the bell, a popup appears like the clan notification. then u have an option to tp to the shop, OR where a BELL BUMPER is. so if u decide to tp to the shop when the bell is rang, you tp to the shop if there isnt a bumper BUT IF THERE IS u go to the bumper almost like a warp anchor?
  • VelvetlotusVelvetlotus Member
    edited October 2016
    Ring the bell and run away springs to mind... The bell needs a log so you know who rang it so you can ban them if they mess you about!

Also...
    gdog said:

Its a nice idea.
    I worked in sales for a decade. I don't like bells. Its promotes a lazy form of hospitality.

This isn't a job - its a game. Nobody wants to play a GAME stuck behind a shop counter all the time! We have real work for that >.>
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    edited October 2016

Ring the bell and run away springs to mind... The bell needs a log so you know who rang it so you can ban them if they mess you about!

Also...

gdog said:

Its a nice idea.

This isn't a job - its a game. Nobody wants to play a GAME stuck behind a shop counter all the time! We have real work for that >.>
    Are you selling goods?
    With a till/counter?
    Do you serve customers?
    Then its a shop and hospitality is part of package.
    I know where i won't be buying my items :P
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    Nice! I wanna see this ingame!
    We have now vending machines maybe, but it cost a lot so people cant use that always