Timed Item Loans

Charm'Charm' Member, Game Moderator
edited July 2016 in Suggestions & Comments

Who has been scammed by people that ask to 'borrow' your clothing? Who here never got their items back?

Well Qbees, you're in luck, how about a system that allows you to lend stuff for a certain amount of time? After the time runs up, that item will automatically return to your inventory. This could also be used to sell temporary clothing items.

For example, you want a pair of bunny pjs but don't have the cubits, just buy a pair that lasts a week! the costs are lowered and you get to try out the clothing item.

This feature could cause a lot of confusion but it could be a nice addition.

Some ideas that have been developed:

*I was thinking like Charm has a pair of dark angel wings, she loans it to Freddie for 100c - 2 hours, then the wings automatically go back to Charm's inventory and Charm keeps the cubits. The prices can be really cheap since it goes back to your inventory so everyone can try out a rare item without spending 500k cubits.*

*There will be restrictions about selling the items or trading them, an example would be like the starter realm deeds; you can't drop them, or trade them. There can also be a label on the item to show that they are item loans.*

Thank you for reading :D

Helles: Rent Block

#Elfie: Like a real rent where someone pays for the loan and if in a set amount of time the money/item is not given back, the money is kept by the player

If you have any questions, ask in the comments or read the existing comments for information :3

P.S. This was also >Soul Mixer<'s idea

Comments

• Charm'Charm' Member, Game Moderator
    *Bump*
  • Mcwolf the SaneMcwolf the Sane BangladeshMember
    I like it. It's a good idea. It's different :D
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    I also like it!
  • HellesHelles Member
    There must be a rent block.

*Place your item
    *Set amount of cubics per day
    *wait for a customer
  • Nice, but this idea won't work for items that are not hats and outfits.
    Cause if they borrow your 500 Stone ores and they use 250 of it, then they will have 250 Stone Ores left, so they can't give the exact amount to you?!
  • RightMakerRightMaker PhilippinesMember

Well Cubies , you're in luck, how about a system that allows you to lend stuff for a certain amount of time? After the time runs up, that item will automatically return to your inventory. This could also be used to sell temporary clothing

Qbees* XD
  • StevilStevil Member
    What harry says is true: If you borrow an item, you shouldn't be able to sell/drop/place/consume/use it...

Well Cubies , you're in luck, how about a system that allows you to lend stuff for a certain amount of time? After the time runs up, that item will automatically return to your inventory. This could also be used to sell temporary clothing

Qbees* XD
    Thx XD
  • What if that person you rent them to sells them? Ex. You rent a Fascinator to Bob,.. Bob goes and sells it for cubits. Then the buyer of the item would get ripped off. When it returns to the owner
    Bluemist said:

What if that person you rent them to sells them? Ex. You rent a Fascinator to Bob,.. Bob goes and sells it for cubits. Then the buyer of the item would get ripped off. When it returns to the owner

Well there sure will be restrictions about selling the items or trading them, an example would be like the starter realm deeds; you can't drop them, or trade them. There can also be a label on the item to show that they are item loans.
  • ArchevixArchevix Member
    edited July 2016
    I like the idea for what it is... But when will you ever need to rent clothes? It's not like you'll have a special meeting that requires you to wear certain clothes. And even if you did, only people with valuable items will make profit from it. Everyone will want to try on a halo at least once. The rest have no real use for it
  • #Elfie#Elfie Member
    edited July 2016
    This basically is loaning except, when u said "Want a pair of bunny pjs to borrow for a lower price??" Well what they can do is scam you. The proper way loan is to... Ok nvm here is an example - Freddy_Fazbear - Wants to do a loan, CharmBerryXO - Person who is the owner of the loaning realm. Freddy: :"Hi how much c can I loan my Dark Angel Wings for?" Charm: "6.7k" Freddy: "Ok!".... So, when Charm give Freddy 6.7k, she gets to keep the dark angel wings for like a week or so.... If Freddy doesn't give back the 6.7k in time, Charm gets to keep the dark angels.
    #Elfie said:

This basically is loaning except, when u said "Want a pair of bunny pjs to borrow for a lower price??" Well what they can do is scam you. The proper way loan is to... Ok nvm here is an example - Freddy_Fazbear - Wants to do a loan, CharmBerryXO - Person who is the owner of the loaning realm. Freddy: :"Hi how much c can I loan my Dark Angel Wings for?" Charm: "6.7k" Freddy: "Ok!".... So, when Charm give Freddy 6.7k, she gets to keep the dark angel wings for like a week or so.... If Freddy doesn't give back the 6.7k in time, Charm gets to keep the dark angels.

Ummm, I was kinda thinking like Charm has a pair of dark angel wings, she loans it for Freddie for 100c - 2 hours, then the wings automatically go back to Charm's inventory and Charm keeps the cubits. The prices can be really cheap since it goes back to your inventory so everyone can try out a rare item without spending 500k cubits.
  • #Elfie#Elfie Member
    Oh! So this is like an idea?
    i guess XD
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    edited July 2016
    This can also be used for scamming..

Scammer: I'll sell this Krampus to you for 400k
    Player: Deal!
    Scammer: *Puts Krampus in reg but set it to be lended for a second*
    Player: Yay! ----- Where did my Krampus go?

Yes it could be avoided by adding a section that says if it is being bought or not, but just like how players used to scam with pjs not everyone triple checks.
    edited July 2016
    Archevix said:

I like the idea for what it is... But when will you ever need to rent clothes? It's not like you'll have a special meeting that requires you to wear certain clothes. And even if you did, only people with valuable items will make profit from it. Everyone will want to try on a halo at least once. The rest have no real use for it

Maybe just to test it out, try new items and if you like it, you can go out and buy a permanent version of it :)
    'Dragon' said:

This can also be used for scamming..

Scammer: I'll sell this Krampus to you for 400k
    Player: Deal!
    Scammer: *Puts Krampus in reg but set it to be lended for a second*
    Player: Yay! ----- Where did my Krampus go?

Yes it could be avoided by adding a section that says if it is being bought or not, but just like how players used to scam with pjs not everyone triple checks.

Maybe make a special renting bumper or block only used for loaning:) (Check helles's comment) The person will be able to check the time or there is a minimum amount of time an item can be rented like 1 hour/min - 1 week/max. I'm also sure that the prices will not cost 400k as it is only temporary and this feature is only made so people can experience more clothing items and test out fun combos! :)