What is the problem?

So, update comes and it's all the news and stuff so I play cc on 2nd PC (alt cc account) no problems. I go to login on 1st PC (main cc acc) and it says cc is out of date and then on 2nd PC (alt cc acc) it says I have left the realm and it never said I entered to begin with.
I play both cc accounts on the same steam account since steam was mandatory. This issue is just since the Vday update. Now after I restarted steam on 1st PC, it kicked me off 2nd PC and I get this popup from steam..

So I tried to set up a new account on steam and it just stalls out even though I did confirm the email account.

I could understand if steam no longer allows 2 locations to play on the same account but my 1st PC had the news of the Vday update so how could it be out of date and why did it show me leave the realm and not even have entered?

Note: I am looking for answers here & not just opinions. Do post your similar issues though...

Note 2: I need the alt account because I was cheated out of Pet Pal 2 & 3 and am at max level so I need the alt to level pets.

Comments

• AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
    Steam should never have allowed you to do this in the first place. Typically you can only be logged into a single steam account on a single device, and you can only play one game at a time (or one instance of a game). The fact that you were EVER allowed to do this is likely a bug or glitch on stream's end that they have probably patched.
  • Steam should never have allowed you to do this in the first place. Typically you can only be logged into a single steam account on a single device, and you can only play one game at a time (or one instance of a game). The fact that you were EVER allowed to do this is likely a bug or glitch on stream's end that they have probably patched.

So how does steam do the streaming thing where I can send the game to my 2nd PC at the same time I am running it on PC 1? I did that till I figured out how to not in home stream steam.
  • AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
    It just sends the video and audio to another screen lol. When you use in-home streaming it's essentially using your computer as a console and another device as a screen. (Think Playstation/Xbox and a TV. The computer is the PS/Xbox and the TV is the screen, you don't play it on the TV, that's just how you see it).
  • IntimateIntimate Member
    edited February 2019

It just sends the video and audio to another screen lol. When you use in-home streaming it's essentially using your computer as a console and another device as a screen. (Think Playstation/Xbox and a TV. The computer is the PS/Xbox and the TV is the screen, you don't play it on the TV, that's just how you see it).

idk if you have ever seen the steam streaming thing but it is more than just seeing, I can control everything with either keyboard or mouse from either PC in the same game account.

Edit: Anyways, I have steam running on 2nd PC from a different account so problem solved. Still though the out of date thing bugs me as does the left realm and not showing I even entered. To be clear, it showed I left the realm, then it said out of date. So in order to show I left the realm I had to be playing so go figure lol... and besides before I did anything, the news said Vday pack is here, so it was up to date.
  • Intimate said:

idk if you have ever seen the steam streaming thing but it is more than just seeing, I can control everything with either keyboard or mouse from either PC in the same game account.

Edit: Anyways, I have steam running on 2nd PC from a different account so problem solved. Still though the out of date thing bugs me as does the left realm and not showing I even entered. To be clear, it showed I left the realm, then it said out of date. So in order to show I left the realm I had to be playing so go figure lol... and besides before I did anything, the news said Vday pack is here, so it was up to date.
    Yes, I have done this before to my brother XD
  • Just open 2 Windows of cc on 1 pc. Problem solved.