Players saying false stuff about @Scorto7

After being offline for kind of a while, I come online finding players saying, "Bomb Game prize ex. Cat and angels." So, I click on it thinking it is legit. Well, when i come there i see a scam in play, the old trick the vend and food. I tell the owner to take it down or I will get a mod. Then he says, "Scorto7 said we can do this." There are alot of people doing it. Now if I am not mistaken, I am pretty sure he wouldn't say that, because he is supposed to obey all rules and like 8 months ago horus posted a dissusion saying miraculous players games or something, Discussing bomb games with payaway is illegal. So.... what are your thoughts on this? Oh yeah picture of droplets saying scorto7 said it.

PS: I will try to link the disscussion if i can find it.

Comments

• UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    If you are talking about second life’s, I wouldn’t doubt Scorto saying that. This has been debated for a long time. Some moderators have said it’s fine, others have said it’s not. I can’t speak for Scorto though. @scorto7
  • I am talking about 2nd lifes
  • AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
    According to the official terms of service, I think it's against the rules. Personally, I don't really get why. (I also don't understand why mods are allowed to just decide whether it's okay by their standards, but w/e).

I do know there was a player who made an account with that name, but he is in fact not the mod. Maybe it was that one.
  • Ash scorto7 is a mod and it is a scam because like 8 months ago people made this game and started scamming with it. People would say angels for prize and they would pay 40c for like 100 foods and not even get the prize instead they would get a ban. I have honestly got scammed like this before so I am not a big fan of it.
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    edited January 2019
    Its been debated to death in the last 8 months.
    Are bomb games skill or luck based?
    In the end I think we left it up to player choice.
    You know the risks of those games. So play at your own risk.

Its simple you see a 2nd life vend, then don't play.

Kewberth touches on it here in this thread

http://forums2.cubiccastles.com/index.php?p=/discussion/comment/235912/#Comment_235912

• Now here is the thing, ALOT of players are saying Scorto7 said it is legal, so other players, the victims, will beleive that it is legal. Then, they find out it is a scam, then quit.
  • gdog said:

Its been debated to death in the last 8 months.
    Are bomb games skill or luck based?
    In the end I think we left it up to player choice.
    You know the risks of those games. So play at your own risk.

Its simple you see a 2nd life vend, then don't play.

Kewberth touches on it here in this thread

http://forums2.cubiccastles.com/index.php?p=/discussion/comment/235912/#Comment_235912

As gdog said. It’s kinda weird. But Ik for sure certain mods don’t allow payaways. And some mods could care less. Player Choice. You are responsible for how you treat your items. You do as you wish. Mods can’t always hold your hands
    ;)
  • Zone!Zone! Member
    edited January 2019
    Y'all are misunderstanding what i am saying. Have you read the title? Well, with you saying some mods can care less, hold up lemme copy what Horus said.

Why have we done this? This new rule is being added because, while some games may be fair and fun, the majority, unfortunately, have been tricks used to cheat and steal from other players. There have been fake prizes, non-returnable entry fees, and other tricks used to cheat players out of their cubits or items. If you'd like to give away some items, please do it for free.

From this day onward, our moderators will start giving out warnings for breaking the new rule.
    Comments
    HorusHorus Forum Administrator
    January 2017 edited January 2017 34.40 KarmaFlag
    The rule has been updated with its final wording, and is now included in our Terms of Service.
  • As long as someone wins in my eyes it's ok
  • So what you are saying is breaking the terms of service is fine?
  • Mini Pie said:

So what you are saying is breaking the terms of service is fine?

As long as the food leads to the bomb game then it's all about gambling responsibly :/
  • Now here is the thing, most players that host these games dont give the prizes. Plus, still you are saying you do want to go against the terms of service.
    Mini Pie said:

Now here is the thing, most players that host these games dont give the prizes. Plus, still you are saying you do want to go against the terms of service.

You have to realize not all of these are scams. It’s the player’s responsibility to choose whether or not to play.
  • Mini Pie said:

Now here is the thing, most players that host these games dont give the prizes. Plus, still you are saying you do want to go against the terms of service.

Gambling responsibly is not against terms of service :/
  • U said:

Mini Pie said:

You have to realize not all of these are scams. It’s the player’s responsibility to choose whether or not to play.
    U scam or no scam it is illegal. Plus people saying false things about Scorto7 is a problem as well.
    edited January 2019
    Mini Pie said:

U said:

Mini Pie said:

U scam or no scam it is illegal. Plus people saying false things about Scorto7 is a problem as well.
    As Gdog said, it’s up to the players choice whether or not to play. So is it illegal now then?
  • It was illegal a year ago and is included in the terms of service. Also, I am not sure why gdog would say that because hrous said, "Our moderators will be giving warnings to whoever will do these games."
    Mini Pie said:

It was illegal a year ago and is included in the terms of service. Also, I am not sure why gdog would say that because hrous said, "Our moderators will be giving warnings to whoever will do these games."

The new rule Horus stated was that players can’t host LUCK based games for money. But, they can host SKILL based games for money. Bomb games are skill based.
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    You clearly didn't click thru the link to read what kewberth said. So i'll just post it below.

"The terms of service already ban malicious games. If the games are maliciously being used to trick people mods are free to shut them down now. I'm not inclined towards new hard rules... there's always some new twist to chase to get around the last rule.

The terms of service also point out that you should only agree to play games hosted by players you know and trust.

I quote...

Moderators or admins may choose to shut these events down at their discretion if they determine the event to be malicious. We would encourage players not to join such contests unless they know the organizers well and trust them. You join at your own risk. "

"If you don't know the person, then you're taking a risk. So the answer is.. if it's a stranger then you don't know. If it's a friend you've had in game for a long time and someone you trust, then it's still not a guarantee, but most of the time you'll probably be ok."

• Alright since everyone agrees with it I will do it -_-
  • I see it as play at your own risk.

Tip: if one of the prizes is worth 1-2K+ and theirs a vend it's usually a scam.
  • It's so simple:

Don't buy from these games.
    Don't host these games.

• Note: My prizes are NOT a scam. I gave a ton of prizes away to tons of different people.
  • Mini Pie said:

Note: My prizes are NOT a scam. I gave a ton of prizes away to tons of different people.

No one accused you directly; It's the thought behind this that counts. The CC community is infested now with beggars and scammers. It's an insult to the staff, the game and quite frankly the veterans. Alts are now a daily sight and they come to you daily asking for free cars and stuff, and others used to trick participants into paying for something they clearly do not have intention to carry out. All these issues can be traced back to one core problem - greed. While some may argue this is a core part of any gaming community, not many are as ignorant as us in terms of combatting this. VPNs need to be banned and same IPs need to be limited in terms of trade etc. People should have to verify themselves to play on the same IP. This may sound drastic and I think so too, but if anyone else has any better suggestions, I'm all for it
  • Yes true I agree but every prize went to at least a lev 20 or up for everyone unless it was an alt of someone elses account.
  • But Mini, your games are basically scams. It doesn't matter if you are giving out prizes, you realize you make more cubits than the prize itself...?
  • I believe this topic should be closed. Its been addressed twice by Gdog, and in another topic stated by SirKewberth.

If u don't know them, don't play.

Its super simple. You press the door, and leave.
  • But Mini, your games are basically scams. It doesn't matter if you are giving out prizes, you realize you make more cubits than the prize itself...?

Already stated by @Gdog, "Buy at your own risk"
    I will explain what it means. It means if you know you will win then buy it but if you know you are not going to win, then don't buy it. Simple.
  • Mini Pie said:

Yes true I agree but every prize went to at least a lev 20 or up for everyone unless it was an alt of someone elses account.

So your games are based on the player level? That's a crap move.

But Mini, your games are basically scams. It doesn't matter if you are giving out prizes, you realize you make more cubits than the prize itself...?

Isn't that the point of the game? To make profit? as long as he doesn't violate the T&C he's simply playing the game, is he not?
This discussion has been closed.