Potentially Game-breaking bug??

AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
So, earlier when I was in my shop, someone opened my reg to give me a warp food. After the transaction went through, I sat in my shop for a bit longer, next to the reg, and so did the person that gave me a warp food (no cubits in exchange). I didn't think anything of it at the time, but I heard a couple noises that sounded like something was clicked (even tho I was clicking nothing).

After leaving the realm, I noticed that my cubit count had dropped by about 1,000c even though I didn't do anything to spend cubits.

I'm wondering if this is a possible exploit that whoever had given me the warp food was somehow opening the register without my knowledge and adding my cubits? It shouldn't be possible, but I lost cubits somewhere lol.

The scary part is that I would not have noticed this if my cubit count had not dropped below the even numbers I usually keep it at. So I guess watch out how close to registers you stand until we know more info about this ;-;

Comments

• O_O
    Hope this gets solved, sounds pretty scary
    @SirKewberth
  • AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
    Yeah, I have never heard of this kind of thing happening before. I wonder if it's happened before and people just haven't noticed or if it's actually a new issue.
    If anyone else has had something similar happen, pls let us know >_<
  • This shouldn't be possible... if it is then maybe we should refrain from using registers until this is fixed / proven that this isn't possible. @SirKewberth
  • What's the name of The Player gave you warp?
    I want to say BR_lukiz or something but it could be that I saw the name elsewhere and have it confused. Unfortunately, I wasnt paying much attention to them at the time, since I was in a conversation with someone else as well. It was a transport pickle to some kind of rental shop (thought those were against ToS) too, if it helps.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Well.. I'll look into it a little and see. I think maybe something else happened or you misremembered your balance or something like that but we'll verify it none the less.
  • The Death ReaperThe Death Reaper Behind youMember
    edited January 2019
    tho, why only 1000c?
    Maybe you rented a spot for 1000c accidentally then left the realm without knowing.
    Also maybe the noise you heard was when you passed by a cash register.
    *cough*
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember

I want to say BR_lukiz or something but it could be that I saw the name elsewhere and have it confused. Unfortunately, I wasnt paying much attention to them at the time, since I was in a conversation with someone else as well. It was a transport pickle to some kind of rental shop (thought those were against ToS) too, if it helps.

Doesnt the realm the telefood go to not a name that you could do /owner
    I didn't notice that I was missing cubits until afterwards, but I dont remember buying anything or donating any cubits. The noise I heard was like clicking inventory items or the cubit bar in a trade, not the noise for a popup appearing.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Sounds like you might have gotten hacked, but this could be worse. Who were you trading with?
  • This happened to me also
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    We have looked into this and haven't found evidence for it. Can you say what exactly happened silverdash and when? So we can investigate your incident as well?

I think it's easy to get confused about cubit balances and trading sometimes, so I'm not sure there's a bug. But we'll keep looking to be sure.
  • Were you devs also able to check for lost items/ vanished items the way lost cubits are?
    I've done checks on that yes. Never seen any evidence of items lost that weren't dropped and despawned. I've never had anything vanish from my own accounts either, and I have containers with all the most valuable items. I've created alt accounts and fillled chests with krampuses and halos etc... and nothing vanished. If someone had a hack to take stuff I created a lot of primo targets that were ignored. I suspect what happens is people make mistakes and drop or trade things they shouldn't or get scammed, and then claim bugs happened to try and get them back through support, and this starts rumours.
  • Well with the cubit clicking noice it could be the repeat-sound glitch. When that happens a certain
    Sound that was heared before starts to repeat every second. Sometimes you have to leave the realm. Sometimes it passes in some mins. And sometimes you need to relog bcs it doesnt stop. This normally happens with cars
  • DatArcher said:

Well with the cubit clicking noice it could be the repeat-sound glitch. When that happens a certain
    Sound that was heared before starts to repeat every second. Sometimes you have to leave the realm. Sometimes it passes in some mins. And sometimes you need to relog bcs it doesnt stop. This normally happens with cars

Happens with the rockets in the overworld sometimes too.
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator

I've done checks on that yes. Never seen any evidence of items lost that weren't dropped and despawned. I've never had anything vanish from my own accounts either, and I have containers with all the most valuable items. I've created alt accounts and fillled chests with krampuses and halos etc... and nothing vanished. If someone had a hack to take stuff I created a lot of primo targets that were ignored. I suspect what happens is people make mistakes and drop or trade things they shouldn't or get scammed, and then claim bugs happened to try and get them back through support, and this starts rumours.

Dang, I’ve been trying to hack the wrong accounts.

(I’m joking)

• Alpha_StormAlpha_Storm Member
    edited January 2019
    Same thing with me!

I traded with a guy time ago for a Food Warp. (no cubits was given)
    After the food warp trade I got bored so I decided to eat it and I had my c at 10k and other c stashed in my piggy. Few mins after I ate the warp I saw the cubits droped to 9k.. I thought my c was 9k and it never dropped. Next day I saw my cubits at 8k and then it happened so on till I had 7k. I didn't report it since I didn't know how to use forums and I was not allowed to go on Discord via.

I did get scared since I thought I was getting hacked and I had my noises (cc) low so I didn't hear it.

The players username: @NERFMAN800 THE PRO THE SEXY DUDE. I still remember that day :/
  • JuIiusJuIius Member
    edited January 2019

We have looked into this and haven't found evidence for it. Can you say what exactly happened silverdash and when? So we can investigate your incident as well?

I think it's easy to get confused about cubit balances and trading sometimes, so I'm not sure there's a bug. But we'll keep looking to be sure.

I was trying to buy a lvl 49 dragon pet, some guy came to my holla, and I gave him like 4 pizza in a trade. ( to return to my storage)
    I then looked at my c, ( I saw this discussion before this happened) and sure enough, after I left the realm I had lost exactly 1,000c.
    I am not exactly sure when...
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    As I think about it.. I have had trades lag out and both parties lost the items.

But I honestly think this is the placebo effect.
  • Eagence said:

I have seen no such nonsense...

But I have seen many cheap people using bugs and fraud to gain items before...
    I also seen many liers... And if its due to lag then maybe they should blame on their internet. Because no such lag seen in last 3 years, it should be one large internet lag I guess... Maybe something like the one in races in these days...

Also its so interesting to see these guys telling these stories now... Where were you when u lost them and why after 14 days you tell these stories. And when these things even happened...

I do think this is a huge nonsense, where some people either not know where they spend their money or just beg for cubits by showing bugs as excuse...

Because losing 1k doesn't really matter.
    I just found the discussion again and decided to comment.
  • @Eagence why are you always so negative towards everybody? Like Kewb who is a great developer and telling these people who have experienced a bug not to say anything or that it is nonsense there is no reason for you to act the way you do towards other people.
  • The Death ReaperThe Death Reaper Behind youMember

I've never had anything vanish from my own accounts either, and I have containers with all the most valuable items. I've created alt accounts and fillled chests with krampuses and halos etc... and nothing vanished.

Thanks for the information.
  • I experienced this too, I remember looking at my cubits one morning and the number dropped by a couple thousand. I assumed i was losing my mind lol
  • U said:

As I think about it.. I have had trades lag out and both parties lost the items.

But I honestly think this is the placebo effect.

Can you elaborate on your use of the term "placebo effect"? I'm well aware of what it is, are you implying that this didn't happen to anyone at all, and they are just thinking it? Cubits is a currency, which means numbers. Placebo effect is more of a positive/negative thought process, therefore accomplishing a goal. That goal has nothing to do with FACTS though. I see what you mean, but I think it was the wrong word.
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    Why would hackers/scammers stop at 1000 cubits? I agree with eagence. It all sounds like ways to get free cubits from the Admins.
    Hackers usually go big when they attempt hacks. They don't stop at 1000 cubits taken off some random guy... Something is fishy
  • ^
    If the goal was stealth, they would take a little from a lot of people to try to go unnoticed. Also some people seem to be misinterpreting the purpose of this thread lol. Not once did I ask for a refund. I wanted the dev's and the community to be aware of a possible bug or exploit, so the same thing doesn't happen to them. To me, 1000c is pretty minor, but to others that might not be the case. I appreciate the dev's taking this seriously and looking into it despite some people's disbelief.
  • Eagence said:

Placebo effect: a medical term used to describe effect of medication capsule without drug on patient. Patient thinks that he gets better after taking med. capsule due to thinking that its filled with drug...

Meaning that something is just in your head and needs to be fixed in your head, or can be fixed in your head. Meaning that you fool your ownself by regarding something as something else... And get effected by it.

I do think their bug is in their head and no such bug exist and can't be found in 3 years.
    I also think that most people are greedy and dishonest. And kewbs expression also veriy that:

So what we even talk about?
    Yeah, my point was that it doesn't really have to do with a numerical value.