Make Owning Bugged Items Illegal

2»

Comments

• UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    edited November 2018

Our basic policy on bugged items is this. As the recipient or creator of a bugged item is not at fault (assuming it was created as the result of a bug) the actual items are not illegal. However, we can't guarantee that bugged items will not be "debugged" in the future. Meaning they should not be considered stable items and may vanish from inventories if the bug related to them is fixed or another issue related to the bug causes them to dissapear. Since players can lose these items at any time we would not recommend paying/trading for them.

I always assumed this applied to selling bugged items.

“If a bug is found in the game that allows a player to create free cubits, or free items, report it it cubic castles staff. We have systems in place to detect these problems and while it might seem like you can get away with it at first, attempting to take advantage of this kind of bug will most often lead to a permanent ban of your account. Be very cautious about accepting items or cubits from a player you think is cheating, as this could also lead to problems for your account even if you are not the one exploiting the bug.” (Quoted from Guidelines)

Also, going to quote my respond from earlier to bring it down.
    U said:

I’m at a lost. People can abuse bugs and then report them so they’re the only one that has them. Then sell the bugged items for hundreds of thousands of cubits unfairly? This makes no sense to me, I have a stacked cube at 90 that I can split into 2s and sell 50k a piece? That’s just 2,250,000c, not much. Even at 10,000c a piece I can make well over 750k on my bugged items.

I also want to say, isn’t every person at fault besides the original person that found the bug? Because 99% of the time the person finds out from someone else and makes these bugged items on purpose. They may be using the bug, but it’s not like they accidentally stumbled upon the bug and made them. Also, they can put it into a trash can and it gets rid of the item.

Edit: Keep in mind, these bugged items where worth 20c-1,000c beforehand. The cubes are worth 40c and they have been proved to sell 10k+.

@SirKewberth

@SirKewberth does that part of the guidelines only apply to cubits and hats?
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    edited November 2018

Rip lucaaa's museum

Why? I'm not tearing it down until the developers take everything I own. . I'm not nuking everything just because some forumers decided to bring envy on the main stage right under the lights.
    This thread makes me smile. I appreciate that some are worried about something most don't even bother to care about, but this won't make it anywhere. It's one of those cases that fall in the grey area.
  • Bugged items are making CC great too!
    They Making CC Mysterious ^^
  • Log_er said:

Remember the "Nol" mask? Why shouldn't those 2 people be able to own them? It's not like they were duplicated. And I'm sure items can't be duplicated unless people ILLEGALLY hack into the server.

NULL not Nol
    Bump :)
  • *Joystick**Joystick* Member
    edited November 2018
    lucaaa795 said:

Rip lucaaa's museum

Why? I'm not tearing it down until the developers take everything I own. . I'm not nuking everything just because some forumers decided to bring envy on the main stage right under the lights.
    This thread makes me smile. I appreciate that some are worried about something most don't even bother to care about, but this won't make it anywhere. It's one of those cases that fall in the grey area.
    Actually your museum is nice to me ^^ If that would become illegal, then rip your museum, that's what I meant :)
  • What lucaa said about the bugs:
    lucaaa795 said:

I do own some and I do support their existence, not gonna lie.
    However, those items do have a story. They tell a part of cubic castles' history.

that reminds me of the pathetic rebellion over confederate flags and statues.
    Its OUR history, and they are so stupid, they are even going after George Washington!
    (Just saying hehe)

Regarding bugged items, I think they are cool to look at :D
    Bluejay_1 said:

What lucaa said about the bugs:

lucaaa795 said:

I do own some and I do support their existence, not gonna lie.
    However, those items do have a story. They tell a part of cubic castles' history.

that reminds me of the pathetic rebellion over confederate flags and statues.
    Its OUR history, and they are so stupid, they are even going after George Washington!
    (Just saying hehe)

Regarding bugged items, I think they are cool to look at :D
    I understand they’re cool to people, as a I said. But I haven’t been given one other good reason for people owning them.
  • I do own a bugged item.
    I have even gotten offered 500k for it. I said no. The guy then got mad at me.
    It is literally useless besides making items change what they look like, but it's still the same item.
    I can turn a head vamp looking like an orange cowl.
    I will just keep it, and if it is deleted, so be it.
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember

I do own a bugged item.
    It is literally useless besides making items change what they look like, but it's still the same item.

are you sure about that? the null is long gone lol
  • Not a null.
    It’s just sad that the broken link hasn’t been removed. Also, I thought you where planning on selling it originally?
  • I do own a bugged item.

So how do you exactly use it? I'm curious.
  • edited November 2018

Not a null.

I once asked cosmiccow about broken links and he said they are removed automatically after some time. So its useless buying/selling it.
  • U said:

It’s just sad that the broken link hasn’t been removed. Also, I thought you where planning on selling it originally?

I was at first, but it's said to be against the rules...
    edited November 2018

U said:

I was at first, but it's said to be against the rules...
    It’s just not recommended. “Since players can lose these items at any time we would not recommend paying/trading for them.” -SirKewberth
  • I just didn't know
    Now I wish I did sell it xD