Climbing and Dash Abilities

I think it would be neat if our qbees could climb and do brief dash bursts. I think it would be great not as perks but standard part of a qbees ability. The dash could work off a stamina meter, MM2 got me thinking about this. Dashing would be so nice to move faster. Of course a block would need to be introduced to disable these abilities to keep parkours/other builds functional but that is not to hard seeing how we have a car disabling block :D.

Comments

• I was about to say that there should be a way to disable them but nvm. +1
  • This would open up many new doors for parkour +1
  • Wandering FoxWandering Fox Member
    edited November 2018
    Uh. There might be a slight problem with this idea.

Do NOT get me wrong, this sounds awesome, but what were you considering in terms of the keyboard inputs for “Dashing” and “Climbing”?

We would otherwise have to sacrifice 2 more important keys on our keyboards in order to use these abilities. What if we use the Shift key for the chat? What key do we use for dashing? WASD controls really limit how many keys you can press on certain computers. Many other people may suffer from the inability to do basic things within reaching their fingers long ways across the entire keyboard just to get a dash burst.

Combine that with the fact that mobile players will have one HELL of a time trying to figure out how to tap a jump button, hold a dash button, and drag a walk joystick all at the same time.

I haven’t even gone over the awkward “Climbing” suggestion yet. I believe that many issues with that one would have been self explanatory if more thought had been put into this.

But again, sounds cool, but is just not realistic as you put it right now.

Negative ( - 1 )
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator

Do NOT get me wrong, this sounds awesome, but what were you considering in terms of the keyboard inputs for “Dashing” and “Climbing”?

We would otherwise have to sacrifice 2 more important keys on our keyboards in order to use these abilities. What if we use the Shift key for the chat? What key do we use for dashing? WASD controls really limit how many keys you can press on certain computers. Many other people may suffer from the inability to do basic things within reaching their fingers long ways across the entire keyboard just to get a dash burst.

Combine that with the fact that mobile players will have one HELL of a time trying to figure out how to tap a jump button, hold a dash button, and drag a walk joystick all at the same time.

I haven’t even gone over the awkward “Climbing” suggestion yet. I believe that many issues with that one would have been self explanatory if more thought had been put into this.

Negative ( - 1 )

It would be completely fine with mobile. You would never dash and jump at the same time, so you would just move your your thumb from the jump button to the dash button. And there’s plenty of keys around wasd, have you ever played a game with way more keybinds then cc? It’s fine. Climbing could work the exact same as ladders.
  • U said:

Negative ( - 1 )

It would be completely fine with mobile. You would never dash and jump at the same time, so you would just move your your thumb from the jump button to the dash button. And there’s plenty of keys around wasd, have you ever played a game with way more keybinds then cc? It’s fine. Climbing could work the exact same as ladders.
    I was thinking about how some collision interactions would get out of hand with the being able to climb on any surface. Some wonky stuff could occur unless the coding is well executed.

Also yes I understand the keybinds statement, but some people will have a very difficult time adapting to them. I guess that’s adaptation over a small scale of time if you think about it.

This got me thinking...

Could dashing possibly be implimented into cars as well? Sounds like a nitro boost idea to me!
  • These ideas are great, but I just can't see these kinds of abilities in Cubic. I mean , I can't really see these kinds of abilities being implemented into CC. Dashing might be good for parkour but for climbing, I'm not really optimistic...
    So +0
  • Other features could be added as well like a block that disabled jump. Combined with new ways to move like climbing and jumping it could expand parkour beyond what it is which at the time of writing almost every parkour is the same.

I just like to bring up the point anything is possible even if you don't see how it works. An example is when the idea of hidey bumpers were proposed a majority was against them. They thought it would bring the scamapocalypse and that there was not a proper way to implement them. Yet here we are today :P.
  • Graceful ThunderGraceful Thunder Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    This could be cool +1
  • Cool! +1
    I love dash xD maybe we can use dash to break cracked stone/ice too?
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    edited November 2018
    +1 would love this

Also since there was something about controls

Add climb to the jump button, just when you are walking against a wall and hold the jump bottom is climbs

Also the dash can go on q

Also an option in menu to choose the bindings
  • I prefer the climbing ability... or even a wall jump one :O +1
  • it's useful walking on mines much faster
    +1
  • +1 to climbing but I don't want climbing to be easy Id like it to have it some challenge of some degree like complex movements but too complex to make it impossible
  • Eagence said:

I do liked Dash perk... May have many usage...
    I do disliked no jumpman block...
    I do want no compass block...

I do have wierd feelings about this discussion,
    I do have wierd feelings about owner of this discussion..
    I do wonder if anyone seeking any rant out of such change...
    I do care how this thing influence scams, bugs, cheats, CE and noobs or new players...

I do also care 20 min of my life that I wasted for this discusion...

There should be better ideas to implement then constantly adding new perks and lvls, or blocks or hats... Something more of a game changer and no rant door opener, in which no parties get influenced by such changes could be better as update...

Why 'no compass block'? It's useful