Poll: Live Random Number Draw in YT

some people say it's biased when it comes to events made by space

to prove that it's not biased it must be live at picking random winners in the bumper

and space can do this easily ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) because he have yt channel ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Comments

• AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
    Think most people are complaining not about space picking, but about the fact that random picks through a website could fail to be truly random. It's currently impossible for a computer to generate true randomness. All a live drawing could prove is if whichever website they use does or doesn't change seeds each time.
  • Making events is hard especially when one person is only incharge, also seeing space making videos reviewing the entries is more effort.

Im fine with the current judging.
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    They won't do it because after they raffle the winners, they must contact mabz. If they find someone that used alternate and he was caught on video as a winner, the guy might get ashamed by others for trying to cheat the system
  • it's just a live :V no need to edit.
  • *Joystick**Joystick* Member
    edited November 2018

Making events is hard especially when one person is only incharge, also seeing space making videos reviewing the entries is more effort.

Im fine with the current judging.

That's his job, and recording random generated numbers and check ingame isn't that much honestly. Even if that's a 2 min video, that'd be nice to see the judging. At the moment we do not have ANY proof that Space did choose the winners randomly, but only his words.

So yeah, +1
  • space_fetusspace_fetus Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Just putting it out there it isnt ever going to happen. Aside from what luca said which is completely true, the effort to render and upload is even more work on top of what I already do. Not to mention as luca said if the names are then checked and someone cheated I would have to do it all over again. People are always going to complain one way or another.
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator

Just putting it out there it isnt ever going to happen. Aside from what luca said which is completely true, the effort to render and upload is even more work on top of what I already do. Not to mention as luca said if the names are then checked and someone cheated I would have to do it all over again. People are always going to complain one way or another.

I didn't know it took effort to press a button on YouTube to start the uploading. No one wants a nicely edited video depicting the process, they just want to see even a part of it as proof that it's fair. And honestly whether its fair or not, the fact that you're entirely unwilling to record even the smallest clip speaks volumes.
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    edited November 2018

I didn't know it took effort to press a button on YouTube to start the uploading. No one wants a nicely edited video depicting the process, they just want to see even a part of it as proof that it's fair. And honestly whether its fair or not, the fact that you're entirely unwilling to record even the smallest clip speaks volumes.
    Yeah if only it was that simple.
    You have to record the video. Edit the video. Render the video. Check that results meet fair play criteria. If they didn't then he would have to start the whole process again. Then you'd have to upload the video. All this takes time. With an impatient community who wants results immediately.
    Even with all this, these videos could be manipulated. So it's proof of nothing. Especially with how cynical you lot are.

You don't think the results are fair then it's simple don't take part.
  • JackFuryJackFury Member
    edited November 2018

1. Video WOULD take a bunch of extra work, it is NOT as simple as "pressing a button"
    2. The results can change. Space may pick a number, select a person with it, but then it turns out that person used an alternate and is disqualified. However, it already showed the person as winning in the livestream even though they didn't. And even though using an alt isn't right, the person doesn't need to be publicly displayed as a cheater, that is much too harsh of a punishment for using a second account. They're already getting disqualified anyways.
    3. No, the fact that they won't do this does NOT speak "volumes" for anything.
    4. Did you know it's possible to pre-record a video, edit it, and then put it out as a "livestream?" What proof is there now?

You people, as Gdog said, are beating a dead horse. STOP it. I worry that we might eventually lose official events altogether due to the collective whining, fussing, groaning, and cynicism of a lot of you. Even if you don't win anything, the events are still fun! They add something to do every now and then; a new quest to complete.

In reality, none of you think the events are unfair or biased for legitimate reasons, it is simply because you yourselves haven't won anything and others have won more than once. But I already said in another thread that random can have duplicates. Pure random will not ensure that everyone only wins once and everything is fair. It's just random.
    Either way, this is not a democracy. Your cries for "fairness" (even though we already have it), cries to see a livestream, or "proof" of the process, do not hold any ground. You don't get to enforce anything on Space or the developers.

I'm sorry but also not sorry for this mini-rant, I just wish you all would stop beating this dead horse, give Space some breathing room, and stop it with the fussing. The instant you win an event you'll forget about the events being "biased and unfair."

This comment is not targeted just at Ashi, it's at everyone who's been whining about these event results.

I'm not taking my side on this simply because I won twice, it's because of how immature and pointless this is. And I'm going to continue to stand here and continue to debate with any of you who bring this up again.

Good day.
  • JackFury said:

1. Video WOULD take a bunch of extra work, it is NOT as simple as "pressing a button"
    2. The results can change. Space may pick a number, select a person with it, but then it turns out that person used an alternate and is disqualified. However, it already showed the person as winning in the livestream even though they didn't. And even though using an alt isn't right, the person doesn't need to be publicly displayed as a cheater, that is much too harsh of a punishment for using a second account. They're already getting disqualified anyways.
    4. Did you know it's possible to pre-record a video, edit it, and then put it out as a "livestream?" What proof is there now?

You people, as Gdog said, are beating a dead horse. STOP it. I worry that we might eventually lose official events altogether due to the collective whining, fussing, groaning, and cynicism of a lot of you. Even if you don't win anything, the events are still fun! They add something to do every now and then; a new quest to complete.

In reality, none of you think the events are unfair or biased for legitimate reasons, it is simply because you yourselves haven't won anything and others have won more than once. But I already said in another thread that random can have duplicates. Pure random will not ensure that everyone only wins once and everything is fair. It's just random.
    Either way, this is not a democracy. Your cries for "fairness" (even though we already have it), cries to see a livestream, or "proof" of the process, do not hold any ground. You don't get to enforce anything on Space or the developers.

I'm sorry but also not sorry for this mini-rant, I just wish you all would stop beating this dead horse, give Space some breathing room, and stop it with the fussing. The instant you win an event you'll forget about the events being "biased and unfair."

This comment is not targeted just at Ashi, it's at everyone who's been whining about these event results.

I'm not taking my side on this simply because I won twice, it's because of how immature and pointless this is. And I'm going to continue to stand here and continue to debate with any of you who bring this up again.

Good day.
    why dont he show the livestream chat??
  • kulalu said:

JackFury said:

Good day.
    evidently you didn't read my comment or it went in one ear and out the other
  • *Joystick**Joystick* Member
    edited November 2018
    XDDDD

Maybe Space does need a bit more help?
    I'm not sure people would like to take part in these events. My point is not on how bad are event losers towards winners and event coordinators.

I know right, some are just being salty, fussing or idk what to say. But some are just expressing their opinions and I feel like this turns into camps war. Sure everyone's right, but everyone's wrong.

The list I mentionned above is explicit, and you can't do anything about it. It doesn't necessarily mean indeed that every event is tricked.

About the judging part, I can't remember the way it is done.. Does Mabz check the IPs before Space pick the numbers? That would be silly to do the opposite way. In that way, disqualifying cheaters, the list on the bumper would be free to exploit. Generating numbers and recording that isn't big deal, and I know it isn't. Recording would take 5 minutes maximum. Editing? Well, as Ashi said, it wouldn't have to be amazing : showing the generation of the numbers, showing the names and their position on the bumper. Rendering and uplaoding might take time, but whatever? You can easily do soemthing else aside from this..
    If it really take that much time, then get some help..
    I just think it would be better for some to understand how it works, calm down tensions and step back on all this.

Returning on your point Gdog, we can't have a proof from a video, then how Space would be supposed to be a mod if he would trick these? That is the real question from the start of the weekly events :)

Again, I precise I do not mean to offend anyone or what Space does.

Little aftewards edit : By the way, i'm sure a lot don't care about when the results will be out. Some are indeed pushing Space to get them absolutly on Monday. But let's not put everyone in the same bag regarding this :)
  • JackFury said:

kulalu said:

JackFury said:

Good day.
    evidently you didn't read my comment or it went in one ear and out the other
    just sayin my opinion just relax
    edited November 2018
    There are a lot of close personal friends of mods that tend to win these drawings all the time. No one gets that lucky that often, and it looks especially suspicious when it's people close to the one picking winners. Sorry if it comes off as whining, but I actually want to know what's going on. I could not care less that I dont win, I know I'm not very lucky. But I also know there's a difference between luck and favoritism and I just want to be sure the latter is not happening. Its not fair to the hundreds of other players entering that the same 10-15 people win every time, especially if it's only because the picker likes them. Show the community that it's not favoritism and I'll shut up. Dont show the community anything and I promise this will never go away, whether by my voice or not.
  • scorto7scorto7 BelgiumRetired Moderator
    edited November 2018

There are a lot of close personal friends of mods that tend to win these drawings all the time. No one gets that lucky that often, and it looks especially suspicious when it's people close to the one picking winners. Sorry if it comes off as whining, but I actually want to know what's going on. I could not care less that I dont win, I know I'm not very lucky. But I also know there's a difference between luck and favoritism and I just want to be sure the latter is not happening. Its not fair to the hundreds of other players entering that the same 10-15 people win every time, especially if it's only because the picker likes them. Show the community that it's not favoritism and I'll shut up. Dont show the community anything and I promise this will never go away, whether by my voice or not.

I believe that Space_Fetus, Gdog, Jack Fury and Joystick all gave you your answer. Just recheck their comments.

• edited November 2018
    The poor horse is ripe.