Should CC advertise?

iitssaera?iitssaera? Member
edited October 2018 in General Chat
Cubic Castles is a small game, and not many people know about the game. Heck, I found out about the game around a few years ago, when looking for a "free" Minecraft game. The thing is that not many people will find out unless advertising happens. As many has explained before, advertising doesn't always work, and lots of money can be lost. But we can look at the stats of social platforms, and see which one would have an effective reach.

According to Hootsite blogs, Forty-five percent of Americans used ad-blockers in 2017, though they may not use them all the time or on every device. China is blocking the most ads at 54 percent of users, but only 18 percent of users in Japan do. Meanwhile, 50 percent of people think ignoring online ads is easy.

Now the reason I start this discussion is that, from my knowledge, Cubic Castles has not done a advertisement on YouTube (Please correct me if I'm wrong). YouTube advertising tends to be more dynamic, interactive and in your face though. Even if you skip the ad, the 50% of people who does watch advertisements will be forced to watch at least 5 seconds, knowing that you took notice of the advertisement.

YouTube advertisements are more profitable than any other platform, and a Audience Study in 2013 conducted by Google Plus shows that over 50% of the audience on YouTube were interested in the advertisement that showed, while for TV advertisements, it was lower. This is expected to grow much higher, since that was an experiment in 2013, and social media is getting more attention in our lives.

Using True View ads, you are able to target people from a specific by demographic, interest, topic, etc. That way you will be able to have more people be interested in the video or ad you are showing.

Again, this is my personal opinion and I am just showing a few facts. For all I know, CC might of thrown out a YT ad and I don't even know! Please discuss in the comments below if I am wrong or more support, thanks for reading and have a nice day!

EDIT: Advertising CC would be and is expensive. CC has spent thousands on advertising. And the thing is: It's worth it, in my opinion. YouTube ads have an average cost-per-view of $0.10 – $0.30, you'd be only paying $1000 for 10,000 people that watched your advertisement for more than 30 seconds (showing that they would be interested).

In simple terms, you pay for a TrueView in-stream ad when somebody watches at least 30 seconds of your ad (unless it is shorter). You pay for a TrueView video discovery ad when somebody clicks on your ad thumbnail. So you would only pay for the ad if they are interested, which makes more sense. This isn't the whole story so please again, if I'm wrong, correct me.

Comments

• lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    Youtube ads cost a lot of money.
  • iitssaera?iitssaera? Member
    edited October 2018
    anddd I forget to put that there. Let me do that right now!
  • lucaaa795 said:

Youtube ads cost a lot of money.

BUMP! Added a edit!
  • edited October 2018
    Ye CC spends all of its money on papper for that "to-do list" of theirs

Oh btw as many Have Explained before
  • Providing hats and items is the priority!! xD

JKjk, true that it costs money, but the simple mouth to ear isn't enough in my opinion. So yeah that sounds good I guess..
  • I wish the did Honest Trailers: Cubic Castles one day it'd be quite amusing - Imo
  • BUMP I made an Edit!
  • Log_erLog_er Member
    edited October 2018
    Guys just wait. Once players started getting tired of Growtopia (Ubisoft ruined it) they'll look for similar games and fall into Cubic... Unless they fall for Pixel Worlds instead.
  • Word of mouth advertising is way more powerful and effective than any other type of marketing or advertising. For a small company, it would be better for them to encourage people to tell their friends (which is probably why we have friend codes), than it would be to sink a lot of money into any type of advertising. Advertising costs a lot of money and the return on investment is often not worth the sunk costs.
  • *Joystick**Joystick* Member
    edited October 2018
    Log_er said:

Guys just wait. Once players started getting tired of Growtopia (Ubisoft ruined it) they'll look for similar games and fall into Cubic... Unless they fall for Pixel Worlds instead.

It doesn't mean they're all gonna come up here though.. That was a joke..
  • Log_er said:

It doesn't mean they're all gonna come up here though..
    That was a joke...
  • Social media advertising’s free tho
  • But its worth it they will earn more and more money because of growing community
  • HONEY BOMBHONEY BOMB Member
    edited November 2018
    I suggest they use amazing builds to replace the google play store pictures
    @valyreena for personal build with imagination
    @Dreadful KnoP build for clan section

• Also Add Shops Build , Pendragon for Rentals , Crafting , And Cc official Realma
  • Social media advertising’s free tho

It's never free for a company to advertise their products..
  • Ah i forget the most important
    add a space event picture says:Weekly event for prizes!
    @Space_fetus
  • Cubic castles use Instagram and Facebook ads. I often see it popping up on my feed. The comments are always interesting to read through.
  • make a cc meme to blow views across youtube to advertise the game.
  • I think if the devs focus more on building then there would be more players.
    I think the game lacks a lot of building things. All we're getting is new deco and clothes but no new blocks.

I think official realms such as the Cubic Town Center should be built again, maybe by trusted professional builders, so newbies know that they could also build those kinds of things which will make them more interested in the game. Now, I'm not saying that the build should be so detailed that it would be hard for newbies to understand whats going on (ive had some people saying this to me) but I am saying that the realm most newbies go to are the official realms that are not that unique and could be much better. They are very simple and boring at the moment (i had to say it).

Also, I believe if the devs focus more on building we might be able to get an older audience. Focusing on children won't help this game at all.

I also think quests should be a big thing in this game. Everyone I know who bought the quest pack loved it and wants more.

I think CC lacks a little or maybe a lot and I don't think they're ready to advertise it on YouTube.
  • I think if the devs focus more on building then there would be more players.
    I think the game lacks a lot of building things. All we're getting is new deco and clothes but no new blocks.

I think official realms such as the Cubic Town Center should be built again, maybe by trusted professional builders, so newbies know that they could also build those kinds of things which will make them more interested in the game. Now, I'm not saying that the build should be so detailed that it would be hard for newbies to understand whats going on (ive had some people saying this to me) but I am saying that the realm most newbies go to are the official realms that are not that unique and could be much better. They are very simple and boring at the moment (i had to say it).

Also, I believe if the devs focus more on building we might be able to get an older audience. Focusing on children won't help this game at all.

I also think quests should be a big thing in this game. Everyone I know who bought the quest pack loved it and wants more.

I think CC lacks a little or maybe a lot and I don't think they're ready to advertise it on YouTube.

This makes a lot of sense. I understand 100% from your stance and think this is my new approach to the game, personally I'd wish there were a few more players.
  • Think of the consiquences of the amount of players that’d join in in a matter of seconds, we’d be having lack of security, Population expanses trough out the game, & might crash or either make the game in a bad position rather than having it in a place where it should be, but i’m down for it! i love your oppinion & i agree? and disagree? idk honestly. But as for what julie has stated up there? that is something i can agree for “ Building “ etc & how much that makes sences
  • valyreena said:

Think of the consiquences of the amount of players that’d join in in a matter of seconds, we’d be having lack of security, Population expanses trough out the game, & might crash or either make the game in a bad position rather than having it in a place where it should be, but i’m down for it! i love your oppinion & i agree? and disagree? idk honestly. But as for what julie has stated up there? that is something i can agree for “ Building “ etc & how much that makes sences

You're right about the player expansion, but honestly, wouldn't that be a good thing? The game is losing players and from my own personal experience, the game itself is fading from what is really is because of the lack of players. We need more players & more mods, the game would really lighten up again. But I do feel like that we desperately need more blocks and building should be really represented more. But of course when we ask for an update, we get emojis on the forums. Of course not bad cause I'm excited for that, but we need loads of updates. Don't want to put too much stress on the devs since I know they are human but some action should be taken to work on the game, if possible.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    We do advertise but it's difficult to do it in a way that is cost effective. I actually think the ideal thing would be to find a good matching streamer and maybe sponser some streaming gameplay at some point. But it would have to be someone who has a reasonable size new audience to introduce the game to, and who's audience matches the game.
  • *JulieSings**JulieSings* Member
    edited November 2018

We do advertise but it's difficult to do it in a way that is cost effective. I actually think the ideal thing would be to find a good matching streamer and maybe sponser some streaming gameplay at some point. But it would have to be someone who has a reasonable size new audience to introduce the game to, and who's audience matches the game.

The only audience that match the game at the moment are children, imo.
    I don't know what else to say so uh..

I would love it if you could tell me what you think about improving the building thing I talked about. I really think making building a top priority will help this game a lot :D
    I just want to hear your opinion C:

I think if the devs focus more on building then there would be more players.

• lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember

NiNjA
  • lucaaa795 said:

NiNjA
    i was going to say the e x a c t same thing loser xD
  • *jupiter* said:

lucaaa795 said:

NiNjA
    or pewds?? idk lmao
  • *jupiter* said:

*jupiter* said:

lucaaa795 said:

NiNjA
    or pewds? I mean that's more of an adult content..

• lucaaa795 said:

NiNjA
    XDDDDDDDDDDDDD