Problems with the new update. (IOS)

Plastic HeartPlastic Heart Member
edited October 2018 in Bug Reports
Hi, i’m on an iphone 5S and i am facing problems with the new update.
1- i cannot pull my inventory all the way down, if i was on a bigger screen i wouldn’t mind it, but unfortunately i am on a very small screen.
1- is there supposed to be an ‘X’ on the anvil? Or do i have to walk away from the anvil so i can close the tab?
Pictures below. @SirKewberth
Thanks in advance :3

Comments

• lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    That's what you get for owning an iphone. Screens too small to do anything.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Ok so.. This is a bit of pain for us as well, but the reason this is happening is because new iPhones (as well as many android devices) have started to monopolize the middle area at the bottom of the screen there with OS ui stuff. Specifically a wide bar that you drag up to minimize the application.

What that means is... if we didn't force the inventory up a half notch, on some phones/devices (and we can't easily even check which!) you would not be able to access your inventory easily. So we moved it up slightly.

Moving it up also moves other popup ui elements up, which causes the top bit of the anvil crafting to go offscreen (which was made large to let you guys navigate the list easily). That hides the X as you've noted. Now I believe you can just drag the whole panel down a bit by dragging to the right of the craft buttons. Let me know if not.
  • Alright! i can find the X if i hold and move the borders.
    About the inventory, it’s ok i understand, i guess it’s time to get a better iphone.
    Thank you! the problem is solved can someone close this thread.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    We might shrink the list size by 1 for small screens next update.. or add a 2nd close button on the bottom. Not sure just yet...
  • We might shrink the list size by 1 for small screens next update.. or add a 2nd close button on the bottom. Not sure just yet...

Cant you make it like something where we can adjust the controls ourselves. That would be great.
  • lucaaa795 said:

+1 , ew iph :V
  • I have the same problem you only fixed it for iPhone X I think ;-;
  • Rogue ThingRogue Thing Member
    edited October 2018
    I have a friend that has the same type of device but does not have such issues. Also if it is not fixed I may even quit do the annoyingly painful texture.
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Why not just make it a setting to keep the inventory up? So us who don’t need it can turn it off.
    There should probably be a tweak setting to turn it off. I think you are correct and we'll add this.
  • Do we have to update the app to get the anvil? Because i haven't yet and seen no change to anvils. If so ill just wait till this is fixed before i update.
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    @SirKewberth i have it on my samsung galaxy j7 too
  • Same thing happened to me it's annoying that i try to click on my inventory and then my Qbee go mine block that touch but i click on inventory :/ btw i'm on Oppo A37
    Again guys.. it's not a bug. It wa done on purpose so the inventory won't interfere with phones/devices that are now using that part of the screen for the os.
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember

Again guys.. it's not a bug. It wa done on purpose so the inventory won't interfere with phones/devices that are now using that part of the screen for the os.

Ah okay but is there a way to fix this? Because now since that thing is there is takes up about 20% more room on my screen
    Yes.. next update will have an option to turn this off in the tweaks menu.
  • Ok when will next update be...thanksgiving?
  • How many times will Kew have to tell people that the mobile inventory is not a bug XD
    lucaaa795 said:

Agreed. I have a Samsung Note 4 with a screen that is 5.7 inches long and a resolution of 2,560 x 1,440 pixels (515ppi). Way better than anything Apple had out at the time, and my phone is 4 years old. The Apple equivalent to the Note 4 is the iPhone 6. A sad comparison, so say the least.