Making Profits From Packs

I was wondering, could you make profits from packs?
The answer is probably no, but which packs are the best to open.
This could be ones from the cubit store, or seasonal ones.

Comments

• I think seasonal are the best ones because if the item is very rare in the first 3 days it will be very expensive so if u got it better sell it fast also because when Pack is off the price of it might grow or might low
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    no, no and no.
    unless you are really lucky and hope it pays off.
  • Well I got v wings in my first valentines pack
    edited October 2018
    -Epic- said:

Well I got v wings in my first valentines pack

that's luck. You cannot rely on "First pack always gives a super rare" idea.
    If you buy one or two packs, it might pay off but in the long run (over 100-150k cubits spent on packs) it will result only in losses. The more cubits you spend, the more you lose.
    They're not made for straight up profit. There's always luck involved but I wouldnt count on that. That's why I stopped buying packs. Or I always limit myself to 20k at most.
  • I wonder what the chance for getting angels/d angels/cupid wings are from a wing pack
  • It's a game of chance with the packs
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    I spent 400k on Halloween packs in 2015.
    I got 7 slime costumes and 10ish pets. I would be rich right now if I didn’t sell them.
  • Sir. PixelSir. Pixel EnglandMember
    U said:

I spent 400k on Halloween packs in 2015.
    I got 7 slime costumes and 10ish pets. I would be rich right now if I didn’t sell them.

I'd be richer if i wasnt scammed back then xd
  • I would be richer if I didint nuke my 750k worth collection :/
  • -Epic- said:

I would be richer if I didint nuke my 750k worth collection :/

OOF
  • In my opinion you can make money off the clothes pack with fashionista perk lvl 2. Just get resources (or any other item) and sell them for 150c so you can buy ze pack. If you don't get a suit jacket you can always repeat the process until you get one. Once you do, repeat the process until you get another one. Keep doing this until you have like 8 suit jackets and sell them all :^p
  • EctoYam said:

In my opinion you can make money off the clothes pack with fashionista perk lvl 2. Just get resources (or any other item) and sell them for 150c so you can buy ze pack. If you don't get a suit jacket you can always repeat the process until you get one. Once you do, repeat the process until you get another one. Keep doing this until you have like 8 suit jackets and sell them all :^p

Ye but if u buy some packs and u waste 3k on it to get one u will be losing cubits
  • -Epic- said:

EctoYam said:

In my opinion you can make money off the clothes pack with fashionista perk lvl 2. Just get resources (or any other item) and sell them for 150c so you can buy ze pack. If you don't get a suit jacket you can always repeat the process until you get one. Once you do, repeat the process until you get another one. Keep doing this until you have like 8 suit jackets and sell them all :^p

Ye but if u buy some packs and u waste 3k on it to get one u will be losing cubits
    I said sell stuff to get 150c not 3k. If you could sell stuff for 3k you wouldn't need to buy ze packs
  • SidddSiddd UKMember, Game Moderator
    I would say that you for sure cannot make profit from buying packs and selling the items, I have been doing this every holiday since they began and lose money every time. (I do it for fun though and collection purposes, not to make a profit) On average I think an items worth is less than the pack price and the chance of getting those super rares is insanely low that by the time you get one to sell you have spent way too much to get back.

You can, however, make a profit if they do any more of those "1 item a day" style packs, like the recent summer pack, those items are worth a little more than they cost (except some of the decorations which are worth about pack price) :)
    fashionista perk is broken
  • Buying a pack in the cc store is like an official payaway :p
  • JackFuryJackFury Member
    edited October 2018
    lucaaa795 said:

Fashionista perk only works for the hat pack and clothing pack, Luca :)

It's a common misconception that it works on holiday packs, but it actually only affects the Hat Pack and Clothing Pack.
    It may also work on the Critter and Wing packs, I'm not sure. But I know for sure it doesn't do anything to help our chances of getting rarer holiday pack items.
    JackFury said:

lucaaa795 said:

It's a common misconception that it works on holiday packs, but it actually only affects the Hat Pack and Clothing Pack.
    It may also work on the Critter and Wing packs, I'm not sure. But I know for sure it doesn't do anything to help our chances of getting rarer holiday pack items.
    no i mean it. It is broken. I recall a guy making an experiment a while ago. Same amount of cubits on two diff accounts. A high leveled one and a low leveled one. Results were very similar in terms of rarity
  • scorto7scorto7 BelgiumRetired Moderator
    lucaaa795 said:

JackFury said:

lucaaa795 said:

no i mean it. It is broken. I recall a guy making an experiment a while ago. Same amount of cubits on two diff accounts. A high leveled one and a low leveled one. Results were very similar in terms of rarity
    The description is pretty clear.... it is a chance, not a guarantee of getting rares. Only an increased chance.

And 1 isolated experiment is hardly a true representation of the Fashionista perk's effectiveness.
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    scorto7 said:

lucaaa795 said:

JackFury said:

lucaaa795 said:

The description is pretty clear.... it is a chance, not a guarantee of getting rares. Only an increased chance.

And 1 isolated experiment is hardly a true representation of the Fashionista perk's effectiveness.
    It is suppose to be triple the chance.
  • scorto7scorto7 BelgiumRetired Moderator
    U said:

scorto7 said:

lucaaa795 said:

JackFury said:

lucaaa795 said:

It is suppose to be triple the chance.
    Double(level 1) or triple(level 2).. it is still just a chance, not an absolute certainty.