Cubic Castles is Getting Less Players

UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
edited October 2018 in Suggestions & Comments
No, this is not a ‘Cubic Castles is dying, or i’m quitting’ thread. Just thinking over what Kewberth said I have came to some conclusions about why new players aren’t continuing to play.

How Quests are Presented
How should I start this out? The quests system is currently broken. Let’s be honest, the quests worked back in 2014 and 2015 when a lot of us started playing because we had the overworld. You could wander around, and find the official realms in groups. Now with lobbies it is nearly impossible for newer players to figure out how to get to any of the quests. This could have to do with their being so many realms with similar names as the quests.

Quests might not seem like much. But if I am going to be honest, the quests showed me so much that could be done in this game when I started.

So this is what I am thinking could help:
  • Suggestion 1: Create an official realm that has a linked doorway to every quest in the game. The quests would be in order in this realm. Also, at the end of every quest there would be a linked doorway back to this realm. When they finish a quest, something to signify the quest being completed could pop up on the door. I suggest adding a few warp cookies to every starter realm that go to this realm, with signs thoroughly explaining how to use the warp cookies to get to the quests.
  • Suggestion 2: Whenever a quest is completed a ‘Completed’ message pops up. Maybe add a button in the completed screen that instantly teleports them to the next quest. I personally prefer suggestion 1.
Quests are Messy
First off, there is so much garbage left in them from the clan races in the past three years. Like Random numbers on signs that have absolutely nothing to do with the quests, and tickets that have no purpose to the quests. Imagine you’re a newer player, and have never seen these tickets before. You’re going to be so confused and attempt to figure out what they have to do with the quests for fifteen minutes. Then you see a sign with the number 10 on it and spend another fifteen minutes trying to figure out what that means. It’s already hard enough to get to the quests, and now you are confused about something that was never cleaned up from two years ago.

Second off, some of the older quests are so confusing. There is a password to a door in one with the question “Where do the bad people go?” We all know they go to the loading screen now. But the password is the Cubic Jail. The ministry of defence might be the most confusing thing in the game unless you have a friend with you. There is forty signs that you have to read that have absolutely nothing to do with the quest. The signs you need are up water, which most new players won’t understand how to get up to. There is ten rooms in the realm that go to Horus’ random realms when only two have to do with the quest. I could go on, and on, about how messy they are. But, I think I prove my point.
So this is what I suggestion: Either Cosmic and Kewberth fix them, or give Space permission in all of them to fix them. I think they’re more important then the events currently.

Make all the quests free
I get it that it brings in more money, but if there was more quests for players to do in the beggining, then maybe they would stop leaving so fast and bring more money for you guys in the long run.

Make a better tutorial
I don’t need to explain this at all I think, maybe another job for Space? :)

Warp Food that should be included starters
  • To Learning Center
  • To Town Center
  • To a Realm with Rules (I see people cursing and breaking the rules AT LEAST twice every hour I’m on.) or just something to help show the rules.
  • Warp food to ever type of mine (Or add linked doors to mines along with the quests links!)
Fix the Learning Center
The old Learning Center was so much better, because it was easy to spot stuff. Now, it’s spread out and newer players don’t even realize that you can go through doors to see everything. They go in, see nothing, and just leave. I can say from experience from shops with doors that lead to vending machines, if somebody enters and don’t see vending machines, they will not check the doorways. So if somebody enters the Learning Center and see nothing, they will leave. I know anvils are supposed to fix this, but i’m unsure if anvils are including every recipe, or just basic ones. If everything is being included this isn’t nessasary.

Rebuild the town center
In the beggining the town center was good, when that was the best thing our community could build. Now, I feel like the town center should show more of what can be done in this game. Nothing huge, but I guarantee somebody can make the buildings look a lot better then 2014 plaster buildings. It’s just not where this game is at right now.

Make the starter realms bigger again
There is no room for newer players to do anything in their starters. In the 33x33s new players could mess around in the game and get more of a feel for it. Now they’re in a super small realm with no room to do anything.

Add a Realm of the Week and Realm of the Month
People say they don’t play anymore because this isn’t a building game anymore all the time. They say their builds aren’t appreciated. Maybe a step towards fixing this would be adding a realm of the week and realm of the month to the lobby. People would be more motivated to build, and more people would come back to see these realms.

Fix the Realm Museum
A couple years back players realms would be featured in the realm museum. This actually helped the building side of the game, because players where motivated to try to get their realm into the museum. I was going to make my own real museum, since the official one is never updated. But, then I realized it wouldn’t help the game, because it wouldn’t have the ‘offical’ tag.

Comments

• UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    The poll doesn’t work because the thread is too long I believe. So please respond if you disagree with something. I want to know why people disagree.
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    I agree
    Added realms of the week and realms of the month.
    Added bigger started realms.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    I actually agree with most of this. Quest fixes and overworld navigation are already on my todo list. Good notes.
  • *JulieSings**JulieSings* Member
    edited October 2018
    tea.

I agree with this.
    I also think quests are or should be a big thing in this game. They are honestly fun and make playing 10x better than it is now. I think its been more than a year since I bought the quest pack and completed the quest and I tell you it was so much fun doing those quests.
    It would be nice if another quest pack is added. It could be like a category in the cubit store where the old quest pack would be there for the new players as well.

Im bad at explaining xD. I hope you understand what I am trying to say C:
    <3
  • sounds good to me
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    i agree, especially with the learning center thing, sure there are more items in the game but you cant even use cars in the learning center to quikly find an item, first i always walked traight to an item but now i dont even craft because of the burden every single time
  • MabzMabz Forum Administrator, Customer Support
    edited October 2018
    Regarding the random signs left from the clan race, I thought I removed them all. My memory of those are fuzzy at best now. I'm combing these realms included on the race and if you find something I missed still, please give me a nudge!
  • Can't wait to trick or treat in these realms!
  • I totally agree with all of it
    Grtz, Koek
  • You got the words on the issues :D

Agreed ^^
    Mabz said:

Regarding the random signs left from the clan race, I thought I removed them all. My memory of those are fuzzy at best now. I'm combing these realms included on the race and if you find something I missed still, please give me a nudge!

Thanks, maybe check the realms from Space’s race too?
  • Is nobody going to acknowledge the fact that he said in the discussion title 'CC is getting less players' .-.
  • I agree with all these points. Also I remember back in the day when the town center used to feature a few realms a week. I loved seeing those realms as I saw what other players built in this game and I would use those as inspiriations. Would love to see that again <3
  • JuIiusJuIius Member
    edited October 2018
    Simple metallic course
    Flowery colorful course
    I don't know any others..
    @Mabz
  • I think there still are ones in the night course and Rocky montain journey!
    Updated: Added fix the realm museum
  • I agree with everything and I think new Qbees also get tired because lvl up is very difficult
  • AnnaIsHere!AnnaIsHere! Member
    edited October 2018
    -Epic- said:

I agree with everything and I think new Qbees also get tired because lvl up is very difficult

I guess in every game leveling up isn't an easy process *-*

Unless there're thousands of levels ^^
    * Anna * said:

-Epic- said:

I agree with everything and I think new Qbees also get tired because lvl up is very difficult

I guess in every game leveling up isn't an easy process *-*

Unless there're thousands of levels ^^
    This isn’t a new qbee problem, but I think a ton of us old max level players are tired of their being a max level.
  • It would be neat to see a blue print laid out and things voted on to do first. Sadly I don't see much change happening with the holiday rush XD.
  • Another thing that could help would be random featured realms. It gave players a way to visit new realms and gave an incentive to new builders.

Another thing that could help would be random featured realms. It gave players a way to visit new realms and gave an incentive to new builders.

I forgot about that.
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member

I actually agree with most of this. Quest fixes and overworld navigation are already on my todo list. Good notes.

Don't get too happy with this one Dragon xD I got told in by them they'd add a new daily quest system in January 2018..and well... xD they dont care about quests
  • Agree , cubic castles start getting less players!
  • Another thing that could possibly keep people playing once they have started would be the single player adventure. Most people install cubic castles because it is multiplayer but they are instantly sent into the adventure. Maybe an option menu clearly giving new players the option to complete the Single player tutorial or Go instantly into multiplayer.