Your opinions on vending machines.

Has vending machines done more good or evil to the Cubic Castles community.

Plus to having vending machines.
Sell fast.
You don't have to be there to sell.
Works well with hollas
Stops most scams.

Negative to having vending machines.
No interaction with other players.
No price negotiations.
You have to pay to get them.
People usually don't stay in your realm long which makes it harder to get customers.

If you would like to add to the list below then comment bellow. Also put your opinion in the poll and comments.

Comments

• There isn't as much social aspect in the game, in my opinion, anymore I mean it's better than jumping for 10mins trying to trade with people but still..

Nowadays to start a successful shop you have to have vends. But back before vends it was all about your charm and persuasion skills. Now it's vends and more vends.
  • WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    I think the addition of vends has been great. Having a shop with them gives you more time to meet new people, do events and hang out with friends. Before they added the vends, you had to spend all your time in your shop waiting for customers to come in. Plus, if you were a builder and looking for resources it was so frustrating to find a shop with the things you needed but the owner was not around to sell to you. With the addition of vends, you don't have that problem anymore. As far a negotiations go, I'm happy that I don't have to deal with people calling me names because they don't like my prices.

• I love love love the vends. I'd not have a shop otherwise. I prefer to socialize in events and not squabble over prices of something that I know I'm already selling at a good price. I'm also not that social of a person.

I don't want to have to waste my time manning a cash register when I could be mining or building or farming or participating in events. I also don't want to waste my cubits on hollas to get people to come to my shop when I'm there. I post in the forums that my shop is restocked and within a day or two it gets wiped out...and I restock within the week, and start over. Easy peasy and not aggravating.

IMO, Cash registers are handy to have if you have something specific to sell to someone in particular, but I'd have never made many cubits if we only had cash registers. My first resource sale was using a cash register, but it was so I could eventually afford to purchase vends.

If I go into a shop and it's cash register only, I typically walk right out. Often the owners aren't around, even when I respond to a holla; and if the owners are there, there are usually too many other people competing for their attention.

The one thing I do dislike about most of the vend shops is there are so many empty vends in most shops as people aren't restocking regularly (even weekly). So many will build huge vending shops, but not maintain them. This can get frustrating when you've found someone to buy from, but then a week or two later, they don't restock, and you are out of luck and have to go searching for that item again from someone else.

The biggest negative about vend shops is knowing which ones are actually stocked and how the prices compare with others.

I've been running a pretty successful vend shop since the first month I started playing about a year and half ago, so I'm sure I'm biased.
  • There are no drawbacks to vends in my eyes. This is not a business simulator and the focus should be on the mmo and voxel aspects. Before vends if you had any hopes of making any money you had to camp out in your shop for hours. People like myself who want to build/mine/socialize were punished and did not have an avenue to make cubits. Since vends were added over time I have been able to make over 100k. I have extreme anxiety and doing business with other people is a major no.
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Vending Machines > Rental plots that are ‘vending machines’ that mostly are scams.
  • The one gift scammers gave us are vends XD. Remember how dead set Kew was against vends even when they were proposed by ware back in 2015. Then the rental plots came along and poop hit the fan. Praise the almighty cube <3
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator

The one gift scammers gave us are vends XD. Remember how dead set Kew was against vends even when they were proposed by ware back in 2015. Then the rental plots came along and poop hit the fan. Praise the almighty cube <3</p>

I loved scammers back then. Don’t take that the wrong way.
  • I personally think vends have ruined shops....If you wanted to be successful, you had to decorate and make a fun shop, and assist customers - it was more realistic. Now, every shop is jjst rows of boring, expensive vends - a lazy thing.

IMO, they just erased the fun of searching for shops, adding owners as friends, meeting them, finally, satisfyingly getting the item you want. And it's not just, oh, go to that shop, they're offline, next shop, etc....Usually you'd find a shop or two you always went to that were cheap or very active.

I know the vends have helped alot, but they're expensive and kinda ugly...It's convenient, yes, but it just isn't fun anymore I guess.....
  • I personally think vends have ruined shops....If you wanted to be successful, you had to decorate and make a fun shop, and assist customers - it was more realistic. Now, every shop is jjst rows of boring, expensive vends - a lazy thing.

IMO, they just erased the fun of searching for shops, adding owners as friends, meeting them, finally, satisfyingly getting the item you want. And it's not just, oh, go to that shop, they're offline, next shop, etc....Usually you'd find a shop or two you always went to that were cheap or very active.

I know the vends have helped alot, but they're expensive and kinda ugly...It's convenient, yes, but it just isn't fun anymore I guess.....

Someone finally to relate to :D

This is also semi - reason why I go to pens, as people can't use vends
    Spoiler:

And also you get cheaper deals there :p

i feel 50% happy and 50% sad with vends because of these reasons too!