The Cubic Castles Awards 2018! - Return of a Giant Event!

*Joystick**Joystick* Member
edited September 2018 in Player Events & Creations

Event approved by Space_Fetus, Superxtreme and SirKewberth
Sponsored by Spongebob Squarepants

/!\ This is not the nomination thread! It will arrive later. Nominate someone here won't work /!\

Hi guys! Welcome to the The Cubic Castles Awards!
Last year, 10 amazing players have been awarded for their acts and behaviours towards CC!
Let me then introduce the 2nd edition of the Cubic Castles Awards!

The 10 awards :

• The Best Collection
• The Best Shop
• The Best Realm
• The Best Donator
• The Best Parkourer
• The Best Foreign Player
• The Most Active Forumer
• The Best Builder
• The Most Helpful Player
• Revelation of the year

*Other than United States, United Kingdom, Philippines, Canada and Brazil

** Rewarded to the player that rose up and helped so much others, built awesome buildings, was active on forums... This is the "highest distinction" if I could say that.

Every Qbee can be nominated. You can only nominate one player per award and they must be different players! But they can be nominated by another player for another award...

The deadline reached, the first votes will begin. All of the nominated will be split into 2 groups (each award nominated list will be split into 2). You will have 4 days to vote for the player that deserve the most the award.

Then, we'll take the players that received the most votes in each group. And the second votes will begin. You will vote beteen 2 players that compete for the same award.

After the two vote sections, I will announce the awards in a video first, and on the forums after.

(Nominations : 4 days / 1st votes : 4 days / 2nd votes : 4 days)

Additional Informations

I'm nominated by a player but I don't want to take part in The Cubic Castles Awards. What do I do?

► Don't worry about that. Post clearly in the comments that you don't want to participate. You won't be nominated.

Can I be rewarded multiple awards ?

► Actually, you can be rewarded as many time as you win an award. Each year, there will be this event. You can be rewarded every year for the same award or for another one.

Can I nominate a moderator or an administrator?

► Of course! Everyone can be nominated (except if he declines it). Even me! :3

How will we vote?

► The first vote section will be done in the forums. When the 2 players of each awards will be "elected", I will create a poll in a website, so nobody will see the amount of votes for each player.

I am nominated. Can I vote for myself?

► Nothing prevent you from voting for you. But that's more fair-play to vote for another player :)

I really want a player to be rewarded! How can I help him to get votes?

► You're free to do whatever you want. You can create a discord server, make a video, create image encouraging this player... If you want to write a discussion, be careful and don't break any forum rule.

I'm not elected for the second vote section... I am very sad...

► Don't be sad about this! Some players will be in the same situation than you. Even if you aren't elected for the second vote section, you have already been nominated for the first one! :)

Prizes

Every player will be given a symbolic along with 2,500 cubits.

BJDware : Best Collection Award 2017
Superxtreme : >Best Shop - Best Foreign Player Awards 2017
Space_Fetus : Best Realm - Revelation of the year Awards 2017
Ang3lbee : Best Donator Award 2017
CD87 : Best Parkourer Award 2017
*JulieSings* : Most Active Forumer Award 2017
*DreadfulKnop* : Best Builder Award 2017
Rolim : Most Helpful Player Award 2017

Terms of participation

• You can only be nominated for one award.
• Any suspicious votes (from alts...) won't count and the player will be disqualified.
• Any blackmail or suspicious vote trades ('vote for me and I'll give you that') is prohibited! Please report any player doing this! This one will be immediatly disqualified.
• If there is an ex aequo result, we will proceed to a draw*
• If a player that have been elected for the second vote section decide to remove himself from the event, the player who had the most votes after him will take his place.

*We (the 2 concerned player and I) will meet at a spacial room. There will be a dice and 2 plots. Under one plot, there will be an item. First, the 2 players will bump a dice bumper. The one who have the biggest number will have the chance to choose which plot he wants. The player who find the item will be declared as elected. All this will be recorded and posted on YouTube and in the forums.

This event is hosted by -Joystick-. There isn't any requirement to participate. The videos will be displayed in YouTube first and then in the forums. The website for the second vote section is https://www.survey-maker.com. This event isn't tricked in any way. Any breakruler will be instantly disqualified. Scammers can't take part in this event. Players from levels 0 to 60 are allowed to vote and being nominated. All nominated players have the choice to decline their nominations and to remove themself from the event. Alll videos will be displayed in my channel : Joy MacCubic. All prizes will be given. They can be given later due to cubits lacks. Also, the mannequins can take a while to dress. You are allowed to decline a prize, it will not affect your award. Event sponsored by Spongebob Squarepants and approved by Space_Fetus, Superxtreme and SirKewberth. -Joystick- 2017 ©The Cubic Castles Awards. All rights reserved to -Joystick-.

Comments

• wow, @Ang3lbee u alrealdy have my vote for best parkourer XD, lets wait he open for nominate
  • Can't wait to see who wins these
  • This looks cool
  • space_fetusspace_fetus Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    edited September 2018
    i enjoyed this event last year round, good to see it again.
    Although i like that you decided that we approved your event based on the fact we did last year :P
  • scorto7scorto7 BelgiumRetired Moderator
    Oh nice.... i always look forward to this... it brings that extra to the community.
  • Back on my old account, I've heard of this but couldn't take part in, so hyped now! :D
  • SuperxtremeSuperxtreme The NetherlandsGame Moderator
    Chapeau! I can't wait
  • This is cool
    Can't wait to vote people
    I already have my choices

• I already have my choices

Same >:D
  • cool
  • Noice
  • what is -revelation of the year.?

A lot are asking... But it's written..

A lot are asking... But it's written..

O.O You mean the bestest player of cc :O
  • It’s the player of the year :)
    Gonna try going for best builder!
  • Graceful ThunderGraceful Thunder Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Might there be a replacement for the Foreign Player category? In my opinion, there is no such thing as a foreign player in CC. This game is not based on one country alone and it's unfair to call someone a foreigner because you're basically saying this game cannot be their home just because they're not from the more popular countries. For someone to win that category would not be an honor, it would be a slap to the face.
  • *Joystick**Joystick* Member
    edited September 2018

Might there be a replacement for the Foreign Player category? In my opinion, there is no such thing as a foreign player in CC. This game is not based on one country alone and it's unfair to call someone a foreigner because you're basically saying this game cannot be their home just because they're not from the more popular countries. For someone to win that category would not be an honor, it would be a slap to the face.

Didn't read properly.. I took out 5 countries with the most players playing. Foreign isn't meant to be viewed in a bad way, but a way to reward players from countries where it's rarer to find players. Not a problem so far as I know since there wasn't any issue with this last year. Up to you to interpret this. Won't change it unless it's harmful, in which case I invite forum mods, or admins to tell me if it is.

Btw, I've been told that some people are affraid of my reaction if they had the same thoughts.. But you won't get me mad by telling a constructive criticism! Explained in a right and calm way is greatly appreciated ^^
    However, it's not the topic of this thread, so I invite these players to pm me directly so we can have a discussion about it =)
  • It’s the player of the year :)
    Gonna try going for best builder!

Your builds look good! I will not be surprised if you win this award :)
  • I have to agree with Grace on this one. I'm looking at it from all sides though. What if someone is from Brazil, and is a great player in general, but can't win because he or she was born in a specific country. Personally, I think it's a little dumb of a category, as we are strong together, and the category splits us apart. Or someone who thinks of it as together, and gets called out as "foreign". Meh, just think about it.
  • *Joystick**Joystick* Member
    edited September 2018

I have to agree with Grace on this one. I'm looking at it from all sides though. What if someone is from Brazil, and is a great player in general, but can't win because he or she was born in a specific country. Personally, I think it's a little dumb of a category, as we are strong together, and the category splits us apart. Or someone who thinks of it as together, and gets called out as "foreign". Meh, just think about it.

This has been taken in consideration.

3 days before the nominations starts! =3