SCI-Fi Contest query

Do the judges read the signs.... I have put up a long story line regarding star wars and it seems epic if you read the story but it seems to be trash without the story line? So @Space_fetus will the judges read all the signs?

Comments

• Im not aure if atorylines re counted on criteria. U shouls focus more at The Buid.
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    edited September 2018
    Bedivere said:

Im not aure if atorylines re counted on criteria. U shouls focus more at The Buid.

Yeah. As I have said to some pine tree, signs cant really change a build no matter how hard you try.
    If I was a judge, I would judge based on the actual building and not the signs.. Some signs are good for explaining the backstory of the scene you built but stories 50 signs long were never ranked in top 5

• space_fetusspace_fetus Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    lucaaa795 said:

Bedivere said:

Im not aure if atorylines re counted on criteria. U shouls focus more at The Buid.

Yeah. As I have said to some pine tree, signs cant really change a build no matter how hard you try.
    If I was a judge, I would judge based on the actual building and not the signs.. Some signs are good for explaining the backstory of the scene you built but stories 50 signs long were never ranked in top 5

I disagree, take your own question for example. If you built a science lab full of zombies it could be considered horror with the idea that the scientists were conducting experiments to maybe cure the zombies. However a few well placed signs could make it out as if using some sort of futuristic science they had in fact created the zombies themselves. It goes from being horror to science fiction.
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember

lucaaa795 said:

Bedivere said:

I disagree, take your own question for example. If you built a science lab full of zombies it could be considered horror with the idea that the scientists were conducting experiments to maybe cure the zombies. However a few well placed signs could make it out as if using some sort of futuristic science they had in fact created the zombies themselves. It goes from being horror to science fiction.
    Zombies are too borderline either way. As google said, a zombie thing can fall under a ton of categories.
    I still do not agree with the "just add a few signs and boom you're good to go" idea. With all due respect, mr.judge, i find it stupid.
  • space_fetusspace_fetus Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    I think you miss the point the sign isn't the build it is the clarification of exactly whats going on. A sign.next to a block of dirt saying "space dirt" isn't going to win anything.
  • If we were speaking of Horus and Cort as judges then I would agree. I love story builds and Cort made it very clear neither Horus or her were going to spend the time reading signs that they would just skip my build because it is a building contest not a writing contest. This isn't Horus and Cort though, there is Space and whoever he fetches to do judging. I think those who do stories have a chance if it is well built well :)
  • Thank you guys
    Space you May close this
This discussion has been closed.