Youtube channels are becoming a bit annoying

I think they shouldn't be allowed. They take up alot of space on the creations page. I think they should only be allowed for moderators - if even that - and admins, but even then they might be a bit annoying. It's just advertisement.
I think they should only be allowed on a player's wall.

Comments

• honestly i don't know what your talking about. i haven't seen any...
  • We have right to post some Yt Channel Threads for making some Giveaway and Some events like contests. Thats why we Post Threads here for qbees to know how to join this contests and giveaways. Also making them subscribe for fututre giveaways. So tell me why we dont allow Yt Channels here?
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    edited August 2018
    It is quite annoying and the thing is that we already have a thread made by horus where you can post your stuff.
    I'd like to see all threads locked up and youtubers to post there. Maybe one post per youtuber, in which they can include everything on their channel. Would be cool.
    http://forums2.cubiccastles.com/index.php?p=/discussion/24/share-your-youtube-channel#latest
  • sorta like the way they organized it on discord
  • scorto7scorto7 BelgiumRetired Moderator
    lucaaa795 said:

It is quite annoying and the thing is that we already have a thread made by horus where you can post your stuff.
    I'd like to see all threads locked up and youtubers to post there. Maybe one post per youtuber, in which they can include everything on their channel. Would be cool.
    http://forums2.cubiccastles.com/index.php?p=/discussion/24/share-your-youtube-channel#latest

That is indeed a good place to share your YT channel, but when you post more video's now and then it is best to use this topic(which is made for that).
    http://forums2.cubiccastles.com/index.php?p=/discussion/21/photo-video-album/p1

Most of the video topics i see coming back are from those who make CC video's on a regular basis.
  • I made some videos, and struggling to find the perfect free editor for my iPad. But still, -1. They are not annoying, unless you actually watch the videos. And I don't get your point, why shouldn't creating a youtube channel be allowed? It's a free option to have fun and collaborate with people. If you think they're annoying, just block them. You can do that, just if their video pops up on the recommended, just click not intrested on the video option. It will not put their videos on your recommended page. It's as simple as that. And, if you get successful with your channel and get 1,000,000 views, you might even start earning money.
  • You clearly dont get what tumble is saying.... He's saying that people making threads for their channels is annoying and i agree with that because they can put it in share your youtube channel or photo video links thread
    edited August 2018
    Yeah.
    Instead of 10 different users bringing 10 different threads all the way up to the very top of the "recent discussions" thread, we could have the very same 10 users bringing up only ONE thread.
    Furthermore, these youtubers could have a main comment within the official thread that they can edit at any time to add more videos. Just to make things way clearer.
    We get it: You (not tumbleweed but rather in general) want to show us how popular of a youtuber you are. You can do it within the official thread though... Call me back when you hit 10k+ subscribers
  • still don't get it
    edited August 2018

still don't get it

very friendly tip: go watch rick and morty to increase your IQ
  • It's spamming the threads with channels. CC shouldn't be an advertisement. There should be 1 thread; imagine 15 ppl making their own annoying threads
  • lucaaa795 said:

still don't get it

very friendly tip: go watch rick and morty to increase your IQ
    Loll
  • Idk but I personnaly asked a moderator before creating my youtube thread :

I'll personally suggest everyone who would like to do this, to ask a forum mod first..
    Yay even more threads will be created.. I wonder if we can fill the entire page with threads about youtube channels.
  • lucaaa795 said:

Yay even more threads will be created.. I wonder if we can fill the entire page with threads about youtube channels.

Most would be " SCAMMER HUNTING " or " PLZ REPORT SCAMMERR!!!!!"
    edited August 2018

lucaaa795 said:

Most would be " SCAMMER HUNTING " or " PLZ REPORT SCAMMERR!!!!!"
    Yep lmao
    Press Hat 2.0: You need a big number of views and subscribers in order to break out from the boring official thread and to be able to make your own thread. Let the botting begin
  • don't judge me, english is not my first language :0
  • Being a youtuber is fun. Don't judge us for advertising our channels, for we are only trying to get it out there. Besides, I never even see youtube spam. The forums even has a section dedicated to player events and creations. Leave it be.

don't judge me, english is not my first language :0

Its not my first language either.
  • lucaaa795 said:

don't judge me, english is not my first language :0

Its not my first language either.
    and? i anyways kinda suck at it
  • Log_er said:

Being a youtuber is fun. Don't judge us for advertising our channels, for we are only trying to get it out there. Besides, I never even see youtube spam. The forums even has a section dedicated to player events and creations. Leave it be.

Well said.
  • OR create a new category only for youtube videos...
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    The wall.
    ExCelsius said:

OR create a new category only for youtube videos...

That would do nothing good. It would still flood the recent discussions page every now so often.
    U said:

The wall.

Thats a good idea...

I also suggest that maybe SOME could keep their threads but those would need to have near to impossible amount of views per week / subs.
    Just to keep only the very best. Others can go to the ordinary thread. You dont need your own thread.
  • lucaaa795 said:

I also suggest that maybe SOME could keep their threads but those would need to have near to impossible amount of views per week / subs.
    Just to keep only the very best. Others can go to the ordinary thread. You dont need your own thread.

Yeah, that could be a good compromise.
  • *Joystick**Joystick* Member
    edited September 2018
    LateCom said:

i would not qualify :Q:

Did you ask the owner to use the picture you have in your YT banner btw? lol
    i don't see any credits.. Well done!
  • Still waiting on my yt banner from @Aura
  • *Joystick**Joystick* Member
    edited September 2018
    LateCom said:

eagence created it so i dont see why theres an issue i mean hes a god

Still even if that's not you, you should be aware of what's in your YouTube banner..

This drawing is from sleep-y and Idk if you have the permission to use it like this *le finger snap*.. but anyways.

But if Eag got the permission, then it's ok of course.
    edited September 2018
    Horus has been inactive in like last few months..
    Only @sirkewberth and @CosmicCow can give a clear awnser in this case.. And it seems that theyre both on some tropical beach enjoying pina coladas and rolling up the 100s recreationally for ideas for halloween... I wonder..
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Our lifestyle is not quite so lavish... Oh.. if only. Maybe the answer is to just create a new topic area ONLY for video/stream topics?
This discussion has been closed.