Hidden Chest Access

IntimateIntimate Member
edited August 2018 in Bug Reports
Earlier today I could access the chest under my fridge to store cooking supplies. Now I can NOT access the chest unless I remove the fridge.

EDIT:

Altho I can't see the first comment due to me ignoring them, I am guessing it says there was an update. I did watch Gdog's kitchen update and saw that he put a chest under the new fridge. So why was the crafted fridge all of a sudden stop letting us access the chest? I hope this was not intentional. If so, what is next, crafted stoves stop cooking?

My other hidden chests are accessible under terracotta blocks.

#blamekitchenupdate

Comments

• lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    Please check from an android/IOS device if youre on PC.
    An update hit steam today aparently which means that, dont take my word for sure, the update could be live very soon.
  • b3achyb3achy Member
    edited August 2018
    Noooo! I can't access the chest under my old fridge either...that's where I store my milk and eggs...sigh...how silly! It would be one thing if the fridge was a storage container, but it's not...*facepalm*
  • Well this is most concerning O_O!
  • IntimateIntimate Member
    edited August 2018
    b3achy said:

Noooo! I can't access the chest under my old fridge either...that's where I store my milk and eggs...sigh...how silly! It would be one thing if the fridge was a storage container, but it's not...*facepalm*

This was so not necessary as all any staff had to do is simply state that they made the crafted fridges a chest.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    edited August 2018
    OK So.... Some players asked us to make fridges storage areas. So we did it. This means that if you previously had a chest UNDER an old fridge it is now blocked because the old fridge now can interact. But.. and here's the real trick/problem.. The old fridge has to be pulled and RE-placed to work correctly as a chest. So basically pull the fridge and the hidden chest, and then just place a regular floor, and re-place the old fridge and you can use the fridge directly as a chest. I think that should solve your problem.
  • OK So.... Some players asked us to make fridges storage areas. So we did it. This means that if you previously had a chest UNDER an old fridge it is now blocked because the old fridge now can interact. But.. and here's the real trick/problem.. The old fridge has to be pulled and RE-placed to work correctly as a chest. So basically pull the fridge and the hidden chest, and then just place a regular floor, and re-place the old fridge and you can use the fridge directly as a chest. I think that should solve your problem.

Thank you but I figured it out after I thought the worst of you. Given past incidents of broken things I just assumed you wanted us to buy the new fridges. I am sorry for thinking it was just greed. You have been redeemed.
  • WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator

OK So.... Some players asked us to make fridges storage areas. So we did it. This means that if you previously had a chest UNDER an old fridge it is now blocked because the old fridge now can interact. But.. and here's the real trick/problem.. The old fridge has to be pulled and RE-placed to work correctly as a chest. So basically pull the fridge and the hidden chest, and then just place a regular floor, and re-place the old fridge and you can use the fridge directly as a chest. I think that should solve your problem.

@SirKewberth Thank you for making this change! :)
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Intimate said:

Thank you but I figured it out after I thought the worst of you.

Everyone always does.. it weighs on our souls...

• Woo I can now store my enemies hearts in a cold fridge :D! Ty.
  • Okay cool! Thanks for the change SirK. When I pulled the fridge to get to my chest, I didn't realize it had magically transformed into a storage device (even after replacing it over the chest...will put it on floor when I get back into the game)!
  • I'm gonna keep the entire one side of the fridges at Hogwarts all there. I think it's really cool that new people can't have the fridges likeI do.... I feel special.