Is this allowed?

lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
Hello.
Today there was a guy that kept doing hollas about how he hosts a giveaway.
But here is the catch: You must first join his discord server.
Which means that you must complete an action first in order to be able to get a prize from the dispenser.
Is this allowed?

Comments

• I guess its a grey area cause its like a payaway where you have to give something to get the item in return. To be honest I would just avoid all these types of "giveaways" because its just not worth it.

Its not even a successful way to do get people to join their discord server that they are promoting since people could just join, get the prize and then leave.

I think it is allowed but its just pointless.
  • YouTube giveaways are allowed (I mean, have to subscribe and at a certain ammount, you can get in - or a pass in a video). So it is.
  • JuIiusJuIius Member
    edited August 2018
    This is what redeagle does, and he is not banned, so I think it is ok.
    He usually gives 0 prizes away, maybe 1, but he still does them.
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember

YouTube giveaways are allowed (I mean, have to subscribe and at a certain ammount, you can get in - or a pass in a video). So it is.

Can you bring here a post of a moderator/admin that confirms the thing with youtube giveaways?
  • lucaaa795 said:

YouTube giveaways are allowed (I mean, have to subscribe and at a certain ammount, you can get in - or a pass in a video). So it is.

Can you bring here a post of a moderator/admin that confirms the thing with youtube giveaways?
    How to explain that they aren't stopped while running, while moderators are in game? ;)
    Same, can you bring a screen that it isn't?

lucaaa795 said:

How to explain that they aren't stopped while running, while moderators are in game? ;)
    Same, can you bring a screen that it isn't?
    I cannot because I have no idea if they are allowed or not.
    That's why I'm asking.
    Moderators are known to sometime have their own ideas about how a rule works.. I guess this falls within the already infamous grey area.
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    edited August 2018
    It hasnt been really said, but since you dont really pay anything i think its allowed, because hey, just join the discord server, look for the code and leave again

Oh btw it has been said that youtube giveaways werent illegal, cant show ya since it was ingame)
  • SuperxtremeSuperxtreme The NetherlandsGame Moderator
    edited August 2018
    5.Content

8.Links. The Site, Services and Games may provide links to other sites for your convenience only. Cosmic Cow does not control, is not responsible for, does not necessarily endorse and makes no representation about the materials contained at any linked site. If you choose to visit any linked Sites, Cosmic Cow recommends that you review the other site's terms of use. Cosmic Cow is not responsible for webcasting or any other form of transmission received from any linked site.

6.Restrictions. Your permission to use Cubic Castles is conditioned upon the following Use Restrictions and Conduct Restrictions: You agree that you will not under any circumstances:

12.Use Cubic Castles for unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional material, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation;

http://cubiccastles.com/terms_of_service.php

But Redeagle is doing this for years. So I guess it's allowed...
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    Where's the harm in it? You are doing something for FREE it's not a PAYaway. It's as simple as filling out a survey on Tapjoy for a quick chunk of cubits imo, just this isn't official. I think it's a good way to advertise servers if you can afford it.
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    It is advertising so..
    edited August 2018
    What if we replace the discord server with a website thats based on refferals and for every guy you get lets say 1$ in that website's credit? Or 10% of what he earns or whatever and you bait them by telling them they get a prize if they insert that link and login/register and do the action.
    You could get "rich" in some way or another pretty fast lol
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    lucaaa795 said:

What if we replace the discord server with a website thats based on refferals and for every guy you get lets say 1$ in that website's credit? Or 10% of what he earns or whatever and you bait them by telling them they get a prize if they insert that link and login/register and do the action.
    You could get "rich" in some way or another pretty fast lol

The player visiting the link isnt paying so it would still be allowed (like with youtube ads for vids and such) also its more like 0.25 dollars per person visited and most of the time it isnt even worth it because the cost is higher than the gain
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    edited August 2018
    If the Discord Server contains any way of making money it's different, which is why Eagles shouldn't be allowed but that's a bridge I won't mini mod under.
  • if I could I would just un allow red from doing it and give him a 1 month ban xD
  • BeIfastBeIfast ChileMember

if I could I would just un allow red from doing it and give him a 1 month ban xD

Permaban is a fair punishment for that i think
  • RED Eagle do that you must be in he's discord server and if you ban.... Well you are screw
  • You Make No Sense What So Ever