Help us build a battle royale game in Cubic Castles (original idea by pious)

Log_erLog_er Member
edited July 2018 in General Chat
What if we could build a battle royale game realm in Cubic Castles?

Imagine dropping from a platform and landing anywhere in a 100 by 100 realm...

Searching for weapons and areas to heal

Eliminating other players all around the map...

While running from a border that slowly shrinks in...

Just imagine the fun of a battle royale game in Cubic Castles

But the cost to make it is high...

What if we all worked together to gather resources and build this realm?

If anyone is willing to help build this awesome realm, visit the realm Pixel Block Vends to donate.

We could also use good builders and ideas from the community

Comments

• Dude.... This couldn't work, this Game doesn't need a Battle Royal Mode, it's fine The way It is......... And seriusly, almost all of us here is tired of those games
  • Log_erLog_er Member

Dude.... This couldn't work, this Game doesn't need a Battle Royal Mode, it's fine The way It is......... And seriusly, almost all of us here is tired of those games

You speak for yourself :p this won't be a game mode. I'm not asking the devs to add this in. This will be built by the players. And there still are people out there that enjoy pvp wand battles. Your opinion is your opinion, and many more opinions are to come.
  • b3achyb3achy Member

Dude.... This couldn't work, this Game doesn't need a Battle Royal Mode, it's fine The way It is......... And seriusly, almost all of us here is tired of those games

^^^ So much this! Thank you!
  • Im planning to build one for a Clan event.. hm i wish they add more Features of PvP to make this more enjoyable
  • Log_erLog_er Member
    Bedivere said:

Im planning to build one for a Clan event.. hm i wish they add more Features of PvP to make this more enjoyable

true. I wish we could make chests usable to the public. I came up with an idea though. Use the build flash bumper then put items in glass then break them and anyone can pick the item up. We should also be able to split wands so we could have some wands with 10 shots for example. I've already started building my battle royale realm.
  • Dude.... This couldn't work, this Game doesn't need a Battle Royal Mode, it's fine The way It is......... And seriusly, almost all of us here is tired of those games

say it for yourself,I love battle royale

and shoud be soo funny play it :D
  • PiousPious Member
    Credit possibly?
    Or a mention...
  • darkpqdarkpq Member
    i like the idea but if people will make this we need a update (or toons of pulce blocks and/or the swich pack whit the spuds to work) and theres a problem dont forget people will steal stuff like that even if were 10 of energt people will take it to home free and it needs another tipe of bar sistem like the health (for defence) apartsome people will no have the extra health or the brauni perks so...yea it will not be really fair
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    edited July 2018
    Pious said:

Credit possibly?
    Or a mention...

Welcome to the forums. Where things get stolen in a blink of an eye
    ---
    This, unlike the other ORIGINAL thread, is not mocking the genre nor simply making fun of it.
    The truth is, they have better things to do.
  • Log_erLog_er Member
    Darkpq said:

i like the idea but if people will make this we need a update (or toons of pulce blocks and/or the swich pack whit the spuds to work) and theres a problem dont forget people will steal stuff like that even if were 10 of energt people will take it to home free and it needs another tipe of bar sistem like the health (for defence) apartsome people will no have the extra health or the brauni perks so...yea it will not be really fair

i've already though of a system for that ;) before i start the game, i will activate a flash bumper and drop wands with 5-10 shots and other items and put glass over them then break it. When players drop from the tube, they can pick up any of those items on the ground. And i have a border timing system in mind. I am aware of the perks. I will have a list of rules in the realm (one of them is to turn off that perk. And pious i forgot to credit you sorry xD. You're in the title now :D
  • MedicationsMedications Member
    edited July 2018
    Ongoing Build... Trying to finish this as soon as I can.

A battle royale..

• edited July 2018
    Or have fresh accounts with nothing in them already placed inside the realm. If anyone tries to give items to these accounts by leaving the realm they cant re-enter. Don't let spectators inside due to the /trade command
    Letting people raid chests though... how would that work? xD
    It would mean giving away the name and passwords to everyone playing but it would ensure there is no cheating
  • Log_erLog_er Member
    edited July 2018

Or have fresh accounts with nothing in them already placed inside the realm. If anyone tries to give items to these accounts by leaving the realm they cant re-enter. Don't let spectators inside due to the /trade command
    It would mean giving away the name and passwords to everyone playing but it would ensure there is no cheating

Unfortunately I couldn't find a way for players to open chests without perm so i am using a flash build bumper so they can pick up any items that i drop before the game, that being said they can build with it on but it was the only way. Part of the rules will be no building though. The only problem is, people don't follow rules. :/
    And i just did the calculations for how much the outline blocks for the borders would cost. I need at least 480 outline blocks. If i can manage to buy that meany for 10c each, the total cost for the borders would be 4,800c. That's not even with the spudbugs added in to the cost for the border shrink system to work. Overall this is an expensive project. I've spend about 6.5k cubits so far on it. I'm running out of cubits. :/ I'm not even half way done. After i get the basics done, i am going to get a terrain builder to come in and make the terrain less flat. OH I HAVEN'T EVEN CALCULATED THE COST OF THE RECEIVERS AND RECEIVER EXTENDERS YET ;-; (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    Log_er said:

Unfortunately I couldn't find a way for players to open chests without perm so i am using a flash build bumper so they can pick up any items that i drop before the game, that being said they can build with it on but it was the only way. Part of the rules will be no building though. The only problem is, people don't follow rules. :/
    And i just did the calculations for how much the outline blocks for the borders would cost. I need at least 480 outline blocks. If i can manage to buy that meany for 10c each, the total cost for the borders would be 4,800c. That's not even with the spudbugs added in to the cost for the border shrink system to work. Overall this is an expensive project. I've spend about 6.5k cubits so far on it. I'm running out of cubits. :/ I'm not even half way done. After i get the basics done, i am going to get a terrain builder to come in and make the terrain less flat. OH I HAVEN'T EVEN CALCULATED THE COST OF THE RECEIVERS AND RECEIVER EXTENDERS YET ;-; (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Trash cans instead of chests?
  • gdog said:

Log_er said:

Ding, Genius.
  • Log_erLog_er Member
    gdog said:

Log_er said:

Actually i didn't think of that. Maybe i could use trash cans and toilets to hide wands with 5-10 shots. Thanks for the idea.
  • edited July 2018
    Hmm new accounts wouldnt have any blocks on them to build with though. So a flash bumper could work.
    The Trashcan idea is pretty good aswell. You could bury a trashcan and place a plaster slab ontop of it to make it stand out or something
  • PiousPious Member
    Would be very unfortunate should someone decide to start emptying all the trashcans. There’s no good way of going about this. Should just make a suggestion here on the forums for “public chests.” That or you should be able to put password sentries on the chests, right? Then just let all the participants know what the code is. Biggest downside is these people better all be close friends or you’re not getting the wands back. Even after you finish this costly project, I fear organizing the events will take a much larger toll on you.
  • CD87CD87 Member
    This is a very good game idea, but it will be very tough to replicate, especially the mechanic that shrinks the arena.

I do have one idea though, you can freely use it if you want:

You can build 3-4 walls of outline blocks (Forgot what it's called, hope this is correct) and place the switches into a tube/room that is inaccessible to the referees only. Then every time the arena shrinks, activate the switches so the outer circle can be built and limit the arena. All players that are outside the zone will automatically be disqualified.

Downsides:
    +Very expensive
    +Instant kills are not favoured by players
    +Requires manual interactions by the referee.

If this is ever built at any point in the future, I'll happily send in my donations to help and make this possible.
  • Log_erLog_er Member
    edited July 2018
    Pious said:

Would be very unfortunate should someone decide to start emptying all the trashcans. There’s no good way of going about this. Should just make a suggestion here on the forums for “public chests.” That or you should be able to put password sentries on the chests, right? Then just let all the participants know what the code is. Biggest downside is these people better all be close friends or you’re not getting the wands back. Even after you finish this costly project, I fear organizing the events will take a much larger toll on you.

No even with a password sentry on the chest people without perm can't open them. And CD87, i've already thought of a system without areferee but I need about 480 outline blocks. I would appreciate it if you could donate. It would help out a lot. All my Cubits are always used on building xD
  • CD87 said:

This is a very good game idea, but it will be very tough to replicate, especially the mechanic that shrinks the arena.

You can build 3-4 walls of outline blocks (Forgot what it's called, hope this is correct) and place the switches into a tube/room that is inaccessible to the referees only. Then every time the arena shrinks, activate the switches so the outer circle can be built and limit the arena. All players that are outside the zone will automatically be disqualified.

Downsides:
    +Very expensive

If this is ever built at any point in the future, I'll happily send in my donations to help and make this possible.

You could always make a spudbug timer
  • Log_erLog_er Member
    CD87 said:

Downsides:
    +Very expensive

I already thought of a system without without a referee. But it cost a lot for the outline blocks. I need about 480 outline blocks. I would

CD87 said:

Downsides:
    +Very expensive

You could always make a spudbug timer
    I've thought of that. Idk how many spudbugs I would need to make the timing perfect
  • darkpqdarkpq Member
    And if instead of poison spikes you do normal spikes to manege get time for the player survive like a real game (damage over time)
  • Log_erLog_er Member
    darkpq said:

And if instead of poison spikes you do normal spikes to manege get time for the player survive like a real game (damage over time)

That would make the build cost about 30-50k more cubits because of the outline blocks and spikes :/
  • darkpqdarkpq Member
    But not normal spikes you can craft them so technically there free if you don't whant to craft them well poison spikes there's noting that can craft them so:
    Normal spikes or mechanical spikes cost: time, or use cubics to vet a lot of them
    Poison spikes cost: a lot of cubics, less time to get the spikes
  • Log_erLog_er Member
    darkpq said:

But not normal spikes you can craft them so technically there free if you don't whant to craft them well poison spikes there's noting that can craft them so:
    Normal spikes or mechanical spikes cost: time, or use cubics to vet a lot of them
    Poison spikes cost: a lot of cubics, less time to get the spikes

i meant the outline blocks to do that would cost more. And it would ruin the terrain.
  • O :P....lel maby I was confuse for a second....
  • well i can help you out
    Spoiler:
    Thisisaspoiler!
    make the place and put poison spikes all around, keep 3 colors and keep spudbugs there but block their way every 5 mins the referee would open one- but only first and second would be opened .. third would be opened when time up(if you keep a time limit)- hide weapons in buildings by using trash cans hidden inside phantomed blocks... in order to make ppl spawn you will have to use a very costly way... buy lots of warp bumpers and prize dispensers, like 50 and distribute warps at random places on the map, viewing platform will be above the main game and there will be the 50 dispensers there, but there will be only one warp in each dispenser which will be renewed and reset after each game, so only 50 ppl can get in, each game will last 15 mins and the final closing switch shall be switched on when time is up if more than one person alive, so all those left will die and game over. if only one person left reward him before trigerring last switch... in order to do this the referee station should be on top of the realm
  • make the place and put poison spikes all around, keep 3 colors and keep spudbugs there but block their way every 5 mins the referee would open one- but only first and second would be opened .. third would be opened when time up(if you keep a time limit)- hide weapons in buildings by using trash cans hidden inside phantomed blocks... in order to make ppl spawn you will have to use a very costly way... buy lots of warp bumpers and prize dispensers, like 50 and distribute warps at random places on the map, viewing platform will be above the main game and there will be the 50 dispensers there, but there will be only one warp in each dispenser which will be renewed and reset after each game, so only 50 ppl can get in, each game will last 15 mins and the final closing switch shall be switched on when time is up if more than one person alive, so all those left will die and game over. if only one person left reward him before trigerring last switch... in order to do this the referee station should be on top of the realm
  • chief12 said:

make the place and put poison spikes all around, keep 3 colors and keep spudbugs there but block their way every 5 mins the referee would open one- but only first and second would be opened .. third would be opened when time up(if you keep a time limit)- hide weapons in buildings by using trash cans hidden inside phantomed blocks... in order to make ppl spawn you will have to use a very costly way... buy lots of warp bumpers and prize dispensers, like 50 and distribute warps at random places on the map, viewing platform will be above the main game and there will be the 50 dispensers there, but there will be only one warp in each dispenser which will be renewed and reset after each game, so only 50 ppl can get in, each game will last 15 mins and the final closing switch shall be switched on when time is up if more than one person alive, so all those left will die and game over. if only one person left reward him before trigerring last switch... in order to do this the referee station should be on top of the realm

Don't double post. Edit your last comment next time. And I already know how i'm going to make the borders, items, and dropping :p