Making Threads About "Cubic Castles Is Dying" sort of topic should be against the rules

I don't know about you guys but this is getting out of control.

Put yourself in the body of a 8 or 9 year old, and pretend that you've just joined the forums. You see all of these people treating it like a Civil War battlefield and the threads about Cubic Castles dying are everywhere and all of them are flame wars. For someone as young as that, I would imagine that they would either:

1 - Take sides and continue the war
2 - Quit the game

Cubic Castles isn't dying. But what makes people think that it is dying is all of these meaningless flame wars and discussions about that topic. IMO it should be removed and against the rules because it's leaving a bad taste in new player's accounts.

Feel free to share your opinion.

Comments

• As far as I know, it doesn't break any of the forum rules. It is a discussion about the past, present and future of the game. Sure it isn't quite nice for the yougest audience. But they won't have the necessary retreat to judge if it is dying or not. After all, that's still a thread, questioning and debating around a subject as we everyone do. But yes, and as SirKewberth said, it is unhelpful.

And players enter the forums and are free to leave if it doesn't please them, but can still play.
  • I agree with Sawa on this one. It should become against the rules, not only in the case of new players, but also because it takes up space on the first page of the forums where it could be used for more important stuff such as questions about the game, or so some trying to buy or sell something.
  • As far as I know, it doesn't break any of the forum rules. It is a discussion about the past, present and future of the game. Sure it isn't quite nice for the yougest audience. But they won't have the necessary retreat to judge if it is dying or not. After all, that's still a thread, questioning and debating around a subject as we everyone do. But yes, and as SirKewberth said, it is unhelpful.

And players enter the forums and are free to leave if it doesn't please them, but can still play.

I agree with Sawa on this one. It should become against the rules, not only in the case of new players, but also because it takes up space on the first page of the forums where it could be used for more important stuff such as questions about the game, or so some trying to buy or sell something.

Thanks for your opinions :)
  • I dont think its a problem, I think the problem is the parents letting 8 and 9 year olds join the forums.
  • 'Sir.Fox' said:

I think the problem is the parents letting 8 and 9 year olds join the forums.

Lol xD

• 'Sir.Fox' said:

I dont think its a problem, I think the problem is the parents letting 8 and 9 year olds join the forums.

^ Yup. I hate when parents of young children let them do whatever they want. The world is gonna be full of idiots my friend, I'm telling you.
  • 'Sir.Fox' said:

I dont think its a problem, I think the problem is the parents letting 8 and 9 year olds join the forums.

^ Yup. I hate when parents of young children let them do whatever they want. The world is gonna be full of idiots my friend, I'm telling you.
    actually i think you are a lil' late, the world IS ALREADY FULL OF IDIOTS....
  • I think these threads should be outlawed as well much like how the "I Quit Threads" had a foot brought down on them. These threads serve no purpose and have no benefit. It is not a form of discussion, it is a narrow minded opinion based on no factual evidence other than flawed personal observation. I believe there should be threads that do discuss the future of CC, if it is suffering, etc. if it contributes overall. I feel like the forums mods are reasonable individuals and could select the threads of this nature that need to be closed. I do not mind pointless threads if they are harmless but the Cubic Castle threads about the nature of it dying are unhealthy and damaging. They are becoming more common much like the I Quit Threads and it is an issue that needs to be taken care of.
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    LateCom said:

how about these being sent to the activity section instead of posting the dying thread ?

I agree, any Dying/Quitting threads should be closed imediantly with a comment from a moderator saying to repost it on their wall.
  • On the activity wall would be an acceptable compromise. Take the stage away from those seeking attention and they stop posting their garbage. Look at how many I quit wall posts there are. Nearly zero lol.
  • I think we all know where this discussion's origin came from. lol. Not going to name any names, but the last thread that this is referring to had the rudest know-it-all owner, I swear man. Nobody could argue with him without him being right. I laughed pretty hard about all the posts and pointless threads and people giving him what he wanted; which was attention. Let's be real.

Aside from that comment I just made on this topic. I do however agree, that these sort of "negative aspects" of the game discussed on threads, such as the "Cubic Castles is Dying" type of thread is very off-putting and opinionated and should be discussed on the player's wall, to avoid less annoying mumbo-jumbo and conflict between players.

These types of threads split the community apart, and we don't want that, for those of you have who have been playing 2-4 years, I'm sure back up that statement. We want a happy and playful community where there is no arguments and unnecessary hate. I'm not asking for everybdoy to get along -- that'll never happen, but by getting rid of such negativity can definitely reduce conflict in my opinion.
  • Liberated said:

I think we all know where this discussion's origin came from. lol. Not going to name any names, but the last thread that this is referring to had the rudest know-it-all owner, I swear man. Nobody could argue with him without him being right. I laughed pretty hard about all the posts and pointless threads and people giving him what he wanted; which was attention. Let's be real.

Aside from that comment I just made on this topic. I do however agree, that these sort of "negative aspects" of the game discussed on threads, such as the "Cubic Castles is Dying" type of thread is very off-putting and opinionated and should be discussed on the player's wall, to avoid less annoying mumbo-jumbo and conflict between players.

These types of threads split the community apart, and we don't want that, for those of you have who have been playing 2-4 years, I'm sure back up that statement. We want a happy and playful community where there is no arguments and unnecessary hate. I'm not asking for everybdoy to get along -- that'll never happen, but by getting rid of such negativity can definitely reduce conflict in my opinion.

I think these threads should be outlawed as well much like how the "I Quit Threads" had a foot brought down on them. These threads serve no purpose and have no benefit. It is not a form of discussion, it is a narrow minded opinion based on no factual evidence other than flawed personal observation. I believe there should be threads that do discuss the future of CC, if it is suffering, etc. if it contributes overall. I feel like the forums mods are reasonable individuals and could select the threads of this nature that need to be closed. I do not mind pointless threads if they are harmless but the Cubic Castle threads about the nature of it dying are unhealthy and damaging. They are becoming more common much like the I Quit Threads and it is an issue that needs to be taken care of.

You two have it very well said, ty for sharing ^^