Feathers and Fairies - CC Fan Fiction [part 1]

Inspired off of this thread and the image at the bottom. Credits to whoever drew it :) http://forums2.cubiccastles.com/index.php?p=/discussion/8509/the-great-feather-hat-debate-v2/p2

"Welcome," The loud voice boomed. It was gentle yet powering.
All the fairies gathered around. Something was off this time. The owner of the voice looked different. His feathers were no longer white, but gray. His beak was pale and cracked. His tail was torn and worn out from flight. In the bird's 200 century lifespan, his time was running out. It was sad to see such a giant bird go, for he was over 200 feet tall!

"Fairies", he said, looking around at the blue glowing fairies. "My time is short. Soon I will not be able to help other fairies journey here to the Fairrey Lands when their bush or hiding place gets destroyed, when they fly out-of-bounds towards the setting sun." He looked sadly around them all from his giant nest. "I will die soon, and no other fairies will arrive. They will get lost for the rest of their lives. That must not happen!" His voice boomed. The fairies were shocked and horrified; What was going to happen to fairies and the bird?

"I will give you careful instructions," he said. "Take this egg--" He pointed his giant wing tip to a large egg "--and place it in the Mountains. Find a normal bird's nest and replace this egg with the bird's eggs. Then leave immediately." The fairies remembered every detail carefully, and never forgot those words.
"Take this feather," he said, pulling out a large 10-foot feather and resting it at his feet, "and send it down to the Cubic world. Watch it carefully. If it ends up in an evil Qbee's hands, steal it back and send it once again into the Cubic world. If it ends up in a nice Qbee's hands, do not disturb it anymore. Do not tell the Qbee anything. Leave and do not bother the Qbee again."
The fairies were troubled by the bird's wishes and how he spoke his words, but they did exactly as was asked.
They placed the egg in a bird's nest and they dropped the feather down in the world of Cubic.
Later that night, the bird died a peaceful death in his sleep. He turned into White Dust, which is the rarest of all dust and not obtainable by any Qbee. The fairies were sad, but they knew that one day a descendant will arrive.

What happened to the egg and the feather? The egg was hatched and was raised successfully, and is searching for his way to the Fairrey Lands. No one knows when or where the bird is, or if it even exists anymore. What if the bird does not survive? Does he need food? Can he find his way to the Fairrey Lands?...

Meanwhile,
The feather drifted down into a creator's laboratory.
"Hey, look!" said a voice, picking it up.
"Looks like a feather! Maybe we can use it in something."
The first voice examined it, then carefully stuck it in a purple hat. He studied his work, and, satisfied with it, he set the hat down and began working on another object...

Part 2 will arrive soon!

Comments