is the game really dead? (give me your opinions)

PyreonPyreon Member
edited July 2018 in General Chat
R E A L I S M
hMMmmMMMmmmMMMMMMMMMMmmmM

Comments

• PyreonPyreon Member
    edited July 2018
    I don't see what this game's community makes any difference to other games
    in fact it is quite interesting

Small communities usually are just chilled out and have a calm and peaceful enviroment together. In this game it's peaceful because it's deserted or it's just toxicity everywhere when there's a crowd. Making a Discord server added salt to the wounds of this app. Incidents happened here and there, everyone was fighting everyone just to get a staff spot, people are backstabbing each other for power. I don't really see where this game is going to end up, I know you're having a great time with your friends but those ARE your friends and of course, you usually won't have any problems, but think about the people who are NOT your friends, your acquaintances, people you see around this game, what do you see in them?

I guess that a better title for this thread would be "This game is in danger, and it is in need of help."

"The community has changed over the past years, I guess this community BUILDS the game, but it is also the one that can BREAK it apart." _ Teardrop

This is not Juvenoia, the past is the past, I'm not going to say that the older days were better, but look what's happening now. Are you going to delete this thread and neglect the trouble that is happening, or make a stand against it?

I am not bashing the crowd. I am concerned.

When will you face the truth.
  • Meh.
  • My brother said your a huge critic. You cant see the positive in stuff. Just have fun or dont play the game at all.
  • This game doesn't have to have that many players. Think about it: If 10,000 ppl were playing at the same time, the Lobbys would be full. Every holla there is would be overstuffed. The server would be so laggy that ppl would quit the game. I guess some ppl in the community are nasty to other players, but this game and community can be fun and nice. idk what you mean by, "Backstabbing each other for power, but even though some ppl can turn out to be rich snobs, others help noobies. Also, what has made the community worse, is that some ppl think this game is about the economy, and making more cubits to spend on trying to sell more things. The game was originally created as a building/mining game, where you make friends and level up your account. Now, it's more about the economy than anything else.(Wow, this comment is longer than i thought it would be.)
  • What? I don't see it.
  • Timezones.
  • scorto7scorto7 BelgiumRetired Moderator
    Just for the record... the drop of amount of players is a normal cycle for this time of the year. It's summer time, only natural that many players prefer to enjoy there time in a different way.

And also, as Joystick pointed out, not everyone comes online at the same moments and thus there are moments where activity drops for a short while.
  • CD87CD87 Member
    Either being torn apart or becoming strong as steel, the community's future can never be predicted by us in the present day.
    So it's best to just enjoy what we have for now, at this moment.

Let the future decide its own fate
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    I think they are moving on xD I give it another year until Kewb and Cos are gone and this games solely Blue Wizards
  • do i need to keep printing every single time this game reaches to 800-1k players?!

seriously, stop saying the game is dying...

because saying the game is dying actually KILLS it, so please shut up and return to growtopia ^_^
  • DrakayDrakay Member
    Is just okay with that number of people, if not the lobby will be full, realms will be full, everything will be full of qbees and we could not see, ;)
    Sir. Epic said:

Is just okay with that number of people, if not the lobby will be full, realms will be full, everything will be full of qbees and we could not see, ;)

Okay, um no... More players means we'll just get more lobbies. The only thing which would be effected I guess would be amount of players per Realm after Hollas but that balances itself out as they'll be more Hollas as they'll be more players so it'll keep everything flowing smoothly. If the game was to grow massively all they have to do is upgrade the server, which won't be hard, more players = more money.
  • AllunarAllunar Member
    edited July 2018
    I don't think CC is going to die anytime soon.

Furthermore regarding your criticism of the community, there are people you'll meet in both real life and CC that you wont agree with or wont get on with or just generally "toxic" but there is equally that amount of good people. The problem I find that happens with a lot of communities is the negative side of it can often be so vocal it overshadows the good side. Yes there are people in CC who cause issues for the community and that can never be avoided but look on the bright side of the community and just ignore the more "toxic" players when they appear because in truth they're the minority, the real problem is that the "toxic" players are often so vocal that they appear above the rest. If you want to make a stand against people who for example scam or cause harm to the rest of the player base you should report them or send a screenshot to a game moderator and they can deal with it, after that just ignore it because I guarantee you that's just the vocal minority and the game is in great hands with the moderators and devs.

When you look at the bright side of the game you'll see there is so much more good than bad, you just need to look beyond the vocal minority.

As for reasons why you might see less members online, Luca, Gold and Scorto all made valid points considering why and the game isn't dying any time soon. Especially with games like this it tends to cycle around on a somewhat consistent basis instead of members rapidly dropping when interest starts to decline.

As a side note at the time of typing this there is "Number of Users Online: 841."
    If Blue Wizard was EA we'd be paying for rights to mine, rights to read Hollas etc xD
  • If Blue Wizard was EA we'd be paying for rights to mine, rights to read Hollas etc xD

or even worse, DLC perks
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Ooooo Is that how big business works? Ok, I'm taking notes Spider! How much you figure EA would charge to mine each block? Right now we have cubits popping out sometimes.. what if they got sucked in? This is really eye opening!
    edited July 2018
    Piratax10 said:

If Blue Wizard was EA we'd be paying for rights to mine, rights to read Hollas etc xD

or even worse, DLC perks
    $4.99 unlock rights to Cubic Town Center with 4 quests and a new perk!

Just say what you said Kewb xD! Embrace it mate, I'll pay you $9.99 for mining rights mate. Cubits popping out costs an extra £4.99 as it's a bonus :)
  • iKONICiKONIC Member

Ooooo Is that how big business works? Ok, I'm taking notes Spider! How much you figure EA would charge to mine each block? Right now we have cubits popping out sometimes.. what if they got sucked in? This is really eye opening!

This scares me for some reason.
  • AroeAroe Member
    iKONIC said:

This scares me for some reason.
    As it should, since people are being rude and really trying to discredit the hard work that has gone into making this game what it is today.

If you or anyone truly feel that the game is “dying” just because players aren’t as active during summer then by all means go, leave us behind, and move on to another game.

But there’s no need to publicly make such a rude statement—a false one, at that.
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Can I just point out that I have played this game for almost four years and still haven’t lost interest in it..
  • PyreonPyreon Member
    edited July 2018
    Either all the responses said here are something stupid or something smartly said and still stupid (although some of you have really good points, some of you are just >-> what the hell is that)

Did i say that I hate the game? Did I say that I'm disregarding the hard work and dedication the developers have placed into this game? No.

I'm just here to see what you think, to give your insights on what's happening today

How does this affect you?

A concerned citizen that's already left the game but atleast still cares?
    Do movies and articles teach people that critics who give their insights on something are all bad guys?

Also, if you're stating your opinion, why do you have to criticize the person who said it? You don't have to be THAT butthurt to disregard what you think was uncomfortable about what I said and move on with another statement that you can give.

i'm also using this thread to catch some people that respond to this for their reputation, got a few so far xddddd

Good job everyone.

My brother said your a huge critic. You cant see the positive in stuff. Just have fun or dont play the game at all.

I do see some good things about this game, I come back rarely on the game to check on some new features, it's not like I'm pinpointing one section of the game means I'm hating it all.

Plus, your brother was just irritated on the survey entry I gave for his Discord server. No hard feelings, man.

Meh.

mmmm free karma

Timezones.

that picture was just to tick you all off more, since i'm on GMT+8 hehehe
    Piratax10 said:

do i need to keep printing every single time this game reaches to 800-1k players?!

because saying the game is dying actually KILLS it, so please shut up and return to growtopia ^_^

oohohohohh last sentence, the picture is not your basis for your opinion.
    dO i NeEd to KeEp PriNtiNg EVEry SinGle Time ThiS gAme ReaChes to 100-600 PlaYeRs?!/!11

return to growtopia? on my keypad nokia phone? hmMMMMmMmM
  • Piratax10Piratax10 Member
    edited July 2018
    Pyreon said:

Either all the responses said here are something stupid or something smartly said and still stupid (although some of you have really good points, some of you are just >-> what the hell is that)

Did i say that I hate the game? Did I say that I'm disregarding the hard work and dedication the developers have placed into this game? No.

I'm just here to see what you think, to give your insights on what's happening today

Pyreon said:

I am not bashing the crowd. I am concerned.

How does this scare you?

Do movies and articles teach people that critics who give their insights on something are all bad guys?

Also, if you're stating your opinion, why do you have to criticize the person who said it? You don't have to be THAT butthurt to disregard what you think was uncomfortable about what I said and move on with another statement that you can give.

i'm also using this thread to catch some people that respond to this for their reputation, got a few so far xddddd

Good job everyone.
    k, now quit the forums
    JKJK
  • PyreonPyreon Member
    LMAO
  • Pyreon said:

Good job everyone.

My brother said your a huge critic. You cant see the positive in stuff. Just have fun or dont play the game at all.

I do see some good things about this game, I come back rarely on the game to check on some new features, it's not like I'm pinpointing one section of the game means I'm hating it all.

Plus, your brother was just irritated on the survey entry I gave for his Discord server. No hard feelings, man.

Meh.

mmmm free karma

Timezones.

Piratax10 said:

do i need to keep printing every single time this game reaches to 800-1k players?!

dO i NeEd to KeEp PriNtiNg EVEry SinGle Time ThiS gAme ReaChes to 100-600 PlaYeRs?!/!11

Well you didnt have to be a jerk.
  • PyreonPyreon Member
    edited July 2018
    Well you didnt have to talk about it on this thread

diReCt Messages what'S this mmm?

If you came here and responded on this thread just to say i'm a bad person, why won't you talk about it face to face for a second?
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Pyreon said:

Good job everyone.

Meh.

mmmm free karma

Timezones.

Piratax10 said:

I’m confused what your real objective for this thread is at this point...
  • PyreonPyreon Member
    edited July 2018
    1. I want to see your opinions on a certain situation
    2. Im bored
    3. I love seeing people respond on these kinds of things, makes my day after all. Just disregard the post I did and then read all those comments, oh boy.
  • AroeAroe Member
    edited July 2018
    Pyreon said:

Good job everyone.

Meh.

mmmm free karma

Timezones.

Piratax10 said:

Oh God, you’re just trying to justify your loss of interest in this game by painting it with “realism”.

608 Players on during summer, as Scorto said, isn’t that bad of an issue considering this game is catered and played more towards younger audiences who have parents that’d rather have their child spend some quality time with them instead of on a game.

You and your dramatic statements of;

“Will you delete this thread [...] or will you face the truth?”

“I am not bashing the crowd, I am concerned.”

“When will you face the truth?”

Are all just apart of one big theatrical facade you’re using to cover up your own personal toxic experiences in game.

Creating a Discord Server for this game has allowed this game to become a lot more sociable and inclusive. I don’t know what server you’re on, but I really don’t see people “backstabbing” on mine.

As a matter of fact, my Clan Server is so interactive and friendly, we’re currently undergoing a very massive project that’s to be due this Fall, and you can join and help us if you’d like, unless you feel you’ll be “backstabbed”.

You say you’re a “concerned citizen who’s already left the game but still cares” well, if you already left the game, why are you still publicly making negative opinions and trying to give the community a bad reputation.

I’ve read far too many Threads such as yours that always claim they just “want the best” for the community, yet take little action to do something to better it and instead either just quit or rant/complain.

I’m sorry you’ve had bad experiences with some players in game, but not everyone’s like that, trust me. If you want, I’ll be your friend, and you can even join my Clan that I’m apart of.

P/S: I never said or insinuated that you we’re trying to discredit the work of the Developers like you though I did, as I’m the only who spoke of anything like that.
  • PyreonPyreon Member
    The case was when the Discord Server opened up staff spots, other than that, the server was peaceful. Also, about the negative opinions, would I say that the game is not going to die when you all are obviously going to say it's really not? A debate wouldn't start then.

And yes, they were theatrical facades.

I know there are people who have also had bad experiences with the game, it's just that i'm trying my best for them to show up and say something here. They're all just on the opposing side here, I'm not seeing any action.

should'a put this on forum games as a debate whatever

There, you won, happy?
  • AroeAroe Member
    Pyreon said:

The case was when the Discord Server opened up staff spots, other than that, the server was peaceful. Also, about the negative opinions, would I say that the game is not going to die when you all are obviously going to say it's really not? A debate wouldn't start then.

And yes, they were theatrical facades.

I know there are people who have also had bad experiences with the game, it's just that i'm trying my best for them to show up and say something here. They're all just on the opposing side here, I'm not seeing any action.

should'a put this on forum games as a debate whatever

There, you won, happy?

We’ve all had bad experiences with the game.

I’ve been scammed twice, and harassed through whispers, but the difference is the stance taken on such issues.

Instead of creating a whole Thread dedicated to publicly bashing a player, I just filled out a simple Support Ticket..

If you have issues with this game and are as genuinely concerned for its future as you seem to be, try to fill out a Support Ticket as well, privately message SirKewberth, or even Email him personally.
This discussion has been closed.