Everything is small!

Plastic HeartPlastic Heart Member
edited July 2018 in General Chat
Sleeping beds are out! Yay let’s place them... wow i can totally fit in them! 10/10
Sleeping tents out! Yay let’s place them... wow i can totally go inside the tent and hide! 10/10
I’m being sarcastic if you didn’t know btw...
Might just add a shrink bumper with every lot we purchase no? Oh wait even if you are shrinked you don’t fit WOW.
Now you’re free to express your opinion, but don’t just say ‘At the end of the day, don’t like it don’t buy it’
Cause i do like it but it’s too small.

Comments

• I guess they plan the theme to be a "small " trip.
    *ba dum tss*
    But yeah I agree, other players would get disappointed too, maybe add a preview icon so that people can see the item output.
  • Sir. PixelSir. Pixel EnglandMember
    I am not gonna lie.. I love how the tents look, good job on designing them but as will said.. they are to small. Tents should be 3x2, sleeping bags 2x1, Campfires 2x2.. etc
  • I am not gonna lie.. I love how the tents look, good job on designing them but as will said.. they are to small. Tents should be 3x2, sleeping bags 2x1, Campfires 2x2.. etc

100% i loved them all but they are too small... and i forgot to mention campfires
  • Or maybe even make an animation of the purpose of tents going in / sleeping bags going in so that it makes a little sense
    Also.. What's the point in tents if you can't fit the sleeping bags in them xd
  • JackFuryJackFury Member
    edited July 2018
    These items are all purely decorative and aren't meant to have a function or fit the Qbee inside. I do wish we had a bigger campfire, but I think the size of the tents and sleeping bags are fine. You just look at them, you don't try to go inside or pretend you're camping. Who knows, maybe larger versions will come out eventually.
  • JackFury said:

These items are all purely decorative and aren't meant to have a function or fit the Qbee inside. I do wish we had a bigger campfire, but I think the size of the tents and sleeping bags are fine. You just look at them, you don't try to go inside or pretend you're camping. Who knows, maybe larger versions will come out eventually.

JackFury said:

Even if it is decorative, it should be proportionate to the size of the character...
  • JackFury said:

Even if it is decorative, it should be proportionate to the size of the character...
    Agreed.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    I guess it could be a bit larger, but really those old fasioned triangle single sleeper tents weren't very big. They were just big enough to fit a single person in a sleeping bag. They weren't like modern tents you see today.
  • DsBerrypawDsBerrypaw Member
    edited July 2018

I guess it could be a bit larger, but really those old fasioned triangle single sleeper tents weren't very big. They were just big enough to fit a single person in a sleeping bag. They weren't like modern tents you see today.

I've seen many "old fashioned" tents that sleep 2-3 people comfortably. We can't even have half of a Qbee in one of these tents XD.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    I'll scale them up a little for the next update.. but they'll overlap the building block some.
  • I'll scale them up a little for the next update.. but they'll overlap the building block some.

its nice how u ask ppl what they want and do it unlike some devss in other games
  • Ahmad09 said:

I'll scale them up a little for the next update.. but they'll overlap the building block some.

its nice how u ask ppl what they want and do it unlike some devss in other games
    I like that too.
  • I'll scale them up a little for the next update.. but they'll overlap the building block some.

That’s so nice of you Kew and Cos, it’s not a big issue but you are willing to finish it, thx :D
  • JackFuryJackFury Member
    edited July 2018
    lucaaa795 said:

Maybe you can scale up the sleeping bag too?? And maybe even the campfire a liiiiiiiiittle bit?
    Nah, he said he meant for the campfire to be small, and he said he might make another. Though I don't think it couldn't hurt to scale it a little bit, mainly because it's so small it's blurred and mixed up.
  • b3achyb3achy Member
    Totally agree with the discussion that everything recently is way too small (sleeping bags, campfire and tents). Thanks SirK for scaling it up a bit (but it sounds like it will still be too small). Even though those tents were little, you should be able to fit up to two Qbees in them...because back in the day you used to make them in the Army with two 'shelter half' pieces, and they were supposed to fit two men in them, when done. Not comfortably mind you...and typically only one slept while the other kept watch.

Here's my take on the sizes of the items...
    Sleeping bag - 1x2 (if a sitting Qbee takes a full block, then a sleeping Qbee should take up about 1x2 blocks; sleeping bag should be 1x1.5 minimum if the Qbee's head sticks out...1x2 if the Qbee is fully in the sleeping bag).
    Campfire - the diameter of the campfire should be the full block...so 1x1 is fine, but it should take up the full 1x1 area, not the 1/2 block it does now.
    Tents - something bigger than 1x2...so 1.5x2 or 2x2 would be appropriate to fit a single Qbee in a sleeping bag inside the tent.
    Heh.. I don't know what kind of tents you've used but it's not supposed to be a circus tent. It's supposed to be the small kind you might roll on top of a backpack. Like if the qbee lies down ( I know I know!) then they'd just barely fit inside. But yeah I can scale up the campfire and sleeping bag a little as well. It won't take effect though till the next update.
  • Heh.. I don't know what kind of tents you've used but it's not supposed to be a circus tent. It's supposed to be the small kind you might roll on top of a backpack. Like if the qbee lies down ( I know I know!) then they'd just barely fit inside. But yeah I can scale up the campfire and sleeping bag a little as well. It won't take effect though till the next update.

I don't see what is everyone's problem with the tents. Personally, I love them. Yes, I agree that the campfire and sleeping bag could be a bit bigger, but the tents are fine the way they are. They're meant to be decorative, not functional. This is supposed to be a one-man tent you can carry in your backpack, not a full-size house.
    Maybe they want them scaled to the candle?
  • DjedoDjedo Member
    Size is ok, maybe better option is to be able to enter tent like we enter car. I bet no size complains will happen then.
  • AroeAroe Member
    Pfft, who cares about a bunch of tents and sleeping bags?!

How about them new crafting recipes instead, SirKewberth? >:D

#BringUsTheRecipes
    They are coming soon! Another week or so...
  • AroeAroe Member

They are coming soon! Another week or so...

Now I can rest easy knowing that you haven’t completely forgotten about them amidst the new and continuous releases of the Summer Lots.

Thank you, oh Almghty Cube! :o
  • Another week or so.....get out of here >:O!
  • AroeAroe Member

Another week or so.....get out of here >:O!

There, there, Grey.

We’ve waited this long, we can certainly wait another week at the most.

We must remain vigilant in our quest for the new recipes, and if the O’ Almighty Cube desires another weeks worth of patience from us, we must deliver it with no questions asked. :c
  • Aroe said:

There, there, Grey.

We’ve waited this long, we can certainly wait another week at the most.

We must remain vigilant in our quest for the new recipes, and if the O’ Almighty Cube desires another weeks worth of patience from us, we must deliver it with no questions asked. :c
    Yes, if the Almighty Cube demands it, we must be patient..
  • Aroe said:

Pfft, who cares about a bunch of tents and sleeping bags?!

How about them new crafting recipes instead, SirKewberth? >:D

#BringUsTheRecipes

Agreed. The campfire yes, could be a bit bigger but the sleeping bag is fine. The tent on the other hand is teeny.

#GreedyGrey