Copying in the Summer Building contest

Sigh, I rented a plot yesterday from room nro 3 and built a sinking cruise ship. (White and blue ship in the picture)
Today I went to room number 5 that was just opened, and I saw an exact copy of my cruise ship with just a little bit of colour change. Are people really that desperate that they cant even create their own buildings? Its just disappointing..

Comments

• Don’t worry, report this to space or one of the other mods, and they will disqualify this imposter
  • i can vouch and say i saw marshka building her ship all day yesterday. spent along time watching her XD in the least creepiest way i can say that.
  • Snowmen like to stalk?
  • Don’t worry, report this to space or one of the other mods, and they will disqualify this imposter

I contacted a mod, thanks for the advice! :)
  • Marshka said:

Don’t worry, report this to space or one of the other mods, and they will disqualify this imposter

I contacted a mod, thanks for the advice! :)
    No problem, I’ve seen when people copy the builds of others like thieves, and it’s not nice
  • That is why I put a date and time on my build.
  • They continued and finished their replica now @Marshka
  • LateCom said:

dont worry marsh!
    someone who copies you either think your build is tremendously lovely and stunning, while they do not have the skills and assets to be that good.
    take copying as a compliment rather than have a negative approach towards it.

It’s not about that, it’s about them taking the credit, and even them claiming hers was the copy, what if the copy won but not marshka’s?
  • LateCom said:

everyone knows that room 3 is older than room 5 ;-;

Nice fact, still, there’s room for concern
  • LateCom said:

everyone knows that room 3 is older than room 5 ;-;

issue with this is there could be empty claimed plots in room 1-3, someone in room 4 couldve built an amazing thing then someone in room 1-3 could build it and claim it theres. RN someone in room 5 is trying to copy my build. XD
  • I met the owner of the plot today and had a talk with him. He apologised for copying and we settled the case with him. I'll let Space Fetus decide whether it'll be disqualified (even he made some minor changes) or not.
  • Marshka said:

I met the owner of the plot today and had a talk with him. He apologised for copying and we settled the case with him. I'll let Space Fetus decide whether it'll be disqualified (even he made some minor changes) or not.

That's amusing :3
  • AnnaIsHere!AnnaIsHere! Member
    edited October 2018
    Tell Space you built this first, and their plots should be disqualified I guess :)
  • lucaaa795 said:

Threatening the owner of the copy-cat also works in most of the cases. Anything from disqualification to even ban works.

That's not kind :( Asking them politely to change their feature should always be a first.

In fairness, no ideas are original - we all have access to the same blocks, where would you draw the line? Have you seen all the camping sites in the contest? >.>

• lucaaa795 said:

Threatening the owner of the copy-cat also works in most of the cases. Anything from disqualification to even ban works.

That's not kind :( Asking them politely to change their feature should always be a first.

In fairness, no ideas are original - we all have access to the same blocks, where would you draw the line? Have you seen all the camping sites in the contest? >.>

Sometimes you have to do what you have to do, they weren’t being kind in the first place with their thieving ways, sure, it’s good to ask nicely at first, but if they don’t listen? There’s a time for peace, and a time for war..
  • MarshkaMarshka Member
    edited July 2018

lucaaa795 said:

That's what I did. I had a fair conversation with the owner of the plot and he made the result abit different from mine. That was fine by me and I'll let Space Fetus be the judge in the end.