ALL items Stack-able?

2»

Comments

• UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    A few months ago I was able to stack clanstones by throwing them on a pile on the floor *THIS MAY OF BEEN FIXED* Either way love this idea, can't tell you how hard it is too move 500 tophats.
  • BJDwareBJDware Down underMember, Retired Moderator
    Nerve said:

A few months ago I was able to stack clanstones by throwing them on a pile on the floor *THIS MAY OF BEEN FIXED* Either way love this idea, can't tell you how hard it is too move 500 tophats.

Try moving over 5000 feather hats lol..
  • Sir John GreySir John Grey Member
    edited January 2017
    If you guys know the game 'block heads' there you can move a chest with the items inside it.
    And if the suggestion that I said above is applied you can move 5k hats easily ^^
    So my suggestions are the following:
    1) Compressed Chest (or sentry) where you can stack any items in that chest :)
    2) Moving Chest (or sentry) a chest where when you grab will not pop the items inside it, instead it will be inside the chest
    and now you can bring your 5k hats in the other realm xD
    Ps: One of them should be a sentry like
  • Nerve said:

That's always been a thing. And to my knowledge, it hasn't changed, nor is there any reason for it to.
  • SidddSiddd UKMember, Game Moderator
    I have to say, I am a little on the fence on this suggestion, both good and bad in more or less equal parts, though slightly tinkering on the edge of a nope from me, could just see too much hassle splitting stacks, which I find extremely tedious, sure it's easier to store stuff but ehh, I will give a +1 if the admin ever add a toggle to prize machines and vending machines that allows you to choose to give the entire stack or just one item. :)
    edited January 2017
    Yes there are pro's and con's to the suggestion.

Any further suggestions that could alleviate the cons a little? Perhaps a more in depth split stack action can be added, so that separating stacks is easier.
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    maybe an option to say if they may be stacked or not? (probably almost impossible)
  • Rootbeerr said:

RawSkin said:

gdog said:

"Help GODOG!!! I jus dropped 58 Romans in a lobbay and I DC'd, Halp Halp HALP I CRI"

This is why -1
    lol

They are valuable they should all have their own slot or it'll just be another thing I have a random number stack of.

To battle the halp halp I dropped in lobay issue. There should be a confirmation when dropping an item. Easy fix

No offense, but a conformation drop screen is a terrible idea. First of all, most people drop stuff in lobby's on purpose, and second of all most people drop things A LOT and its would just be annoying.

i say there should be no confirmation when dropping item in permission to build realms and there should be confirmation in all other erealms
  • BeIfastBeIfast ChileMember
    No ,its just dangerous when drop 5 krampus or put 50 hats in a vend machine and sold them all for the price of 1 :(
  • space_fetusspace_fetus Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    i dont really transport lots of clothing items but i approve this post!!
  • Sir John GreySir John Grey Member
    edited January 2017
    BJDware said:

Yes there are pro's and con's to the suggestion.

Any further suggestions that could alleviate the cons a little? Perhaps a more in depth split stack action can be added, so that separating stacks is easier.

Is my suggestion not gud? :<

If you guys know the game 'block heads' there you can move a chest with the items inside it.
    And if the suggestion that I said above is applied you can move 5k hats easily ^^
    So my suggestions are the following:
    1) Compressed Chest (or sentry) where you can stack any items in that chest :)
    2) Moving Chest (or sentry) a chest where when you grab will not pop the items inside it, instead it will be inside the chest
    and now you can bring your 5k hats in the other realm xD
    Ps: One of them should be a sentry like

• there are good and bad things that this will cause. those already stated by other.
    prize machines only give out 1 item not a whole stack btw
    +1 for now

Sorry i missed that post.
    They are actually great suggestions. Added to OP.
  • stamps don't stack
  • BJDware said:

Sorry i missed that post.
    They are actually great suggestions. Added to OP.
    Oh Thanks ^^ I'm glad you like it :D
    Be nice if you could stack with trades as well.
    So many moments when people have sold me multiple Feather hats. Just recently, a player sold me 100 hats. 100%4=25 trades. Would have been so much easier if they were stacked. >:C
  • Gdog said:

"Help GODOG!!! I jus dropped 58 Romans in a lobbay and I DC'd, Halp Halp HALP I CRI"

This is why -1
    lol

They are valuable they should all have their own slot or it'll just be another thing I have a random number stack of.

LOL GDOG YOU ARE FUNNY XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD BUT ... me is -1 too xDDDDDDD
  • *cough* vending machines *cough*
    Gonna bump this.

Many had good points about this suggestion. But please do remember, that the suggestion is not in depth, and is easily subject to optimization.
    Eg.
    - Different stack size limits for certain item types
    - Vend limitations to disallow or limit certain stacked items
    - And so many more potential optimizations...

What are your thoughts?...
    Are you sick of these items taking so much space?
    Do you have trouble transporting such items?
    Does it make sense to you? Be sure to take part in the poll!
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    I think this is definitely a brilliant idea and I see no faults with it. Plus I need to keep all my Spiders on me at once :)
  • I see this discussion is still going, so I'll give my opinion :D
    I don't think valuables should be stackable, for reasons of vending machines or prize dispensers. And yeah, the issue that Gdog brought up as well. I guess if it were ever changed, we would all get used to it, but I'd rather it stay as is :)
    I do love the idea of a compressed chest, though. Anything you put in it would stack, and that would solve the whole problem! It could be a semi-expensive craftable chest :o
    That way, we could keep items separate except when they're in storage.
    JackFury said:

...I don't think valuables should be stackable, for reasons of vending machines or prize dispensers. And yeah, the issue that Gdog brought up as well...

As i mentioned in reply to Gdog, it is an issue that should not reflect upon this topic.
    1. As such incidents are occurred by player fault, not a mechanical fault.
    2. Such incidents are easily avoidable by installing/modifying a failsafe system.

I Do agree with value, but it has gotten to the point where volume of items makes storage and transport an issue, and more are yet getting introduced. Weighing it up, storage takes precedence in my opinion.

As for Vend's and Dispenser's,
    I Have already mentioned "optimization".
    My simple reply to such points are such:
    1. Why not?
    2. You don't think things could be adjusted mechanically for such?
    3. And why would it be so wrong to instantly sell bulk vanity etc items?
    LateCom said:

theres some rehydrated stacked cubes and they cost a ton

Ah. Are you speaking of the bug where people stacked them? I Am sure that such stacks cannot be replicated anymore.
    JackFury said:

...I do love the idea of a compressed chest, though. Anything you put in it would stack, and that would solve the whole problem! It could be a semi-expensive craftable chest :o...

Yes. It would be a lovely compromise, and i would be sufficiently happy to see it implemented instead. But...
    To fix both problems of storage and transportation, it would also be perfect if said chest could also be mined and moved without dropping the items. Or at least a "transportable" version was also implemented at the same time.

I think this is definitely a brilliant idea and I see no faults with it. Plus I need to keep all my Spiders on me at once :)

Even i can see faults with the idea. But that is the reason as to why i mentioned optimization.

One would need to weigh the benefits against the drawbacks.

All in all, i do think "Compressed chest" & "Transportable chest" is the better avenue. Thus, i think it would be best to start a new poll with the option.
  • what about if they make wearables stack by 10 or 20
    New Poll installed!
    Be sure to check out the first topic post to join the poll.
    Ahmad09 said:

what about if they make wearables stack by 10 or 20

I Do believe i mentioned that upon the poll :)
  • BJDware said:

New Poll installed!
    Be sure to check out the first topic post to join the poll.

Ahmad09 said:

what about if they make wearables stack by 10 or 20

I Do believe i mentioned that upon the poll :)
    oh I didnt see the poll since I was on mobile now I see it xD
  • +1 i need this..
  • QbirdQbird Member
    +1