Has the Economy gone to Far???

Has the Economy gone to far?

Has the economy gone to far? I think so. Cubic is all about vends now. very few hollas lead you to events, giveaways, ect.

Here is my idea. Remove tapjoy and the ability to buy cubits for a few days. The economy will drop down. Items would be really cheap and people would be buy those items, and sellers wont be selling them. After a week or so, the economy will be at a "ok" level. Not to high not to low.

What do you guys think?

Comments

•  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    This is a terrible idea.
    How on earth would the devs make money to run servers, feed themselves, power their computers to make updates if they are getting no revenue?

The economy is fine. If items have value then that means the economy is fine.

Why don't you make some events or holla about things other than vends if you have a problem with people hollaing about vends.
  • gdog said:

This is a terrible idea.
    How on earth would the devs make money to run servers, feed themselves, power their computers to make updates if they are getting no revenue?

Why don't you make some events or holla about things other than vends if you have a problem with people hollaing about vends.

That is very true. If there is no cubits being bought, there is no money, which means no more developers, which means no more CC.
  • lucaaa795 said:

Gdog said it.
    However, I believe that there is another way of balancing it:
    They could focus less on clothing and increase the number of useful blocks added. At least for a month or so
    This method would slow the addition of new wearables which would result in people using the actual clothing items more. It would make the balance somewhat equal for a few weeks.. Those weeks will matter the most.

Maybe...
    gdog said:

This is a terrible idea.

I respect your opinion, but the 1c cant get you anything anymore.
  • *sits here and watched it all unfold* see I feel like instead of new things. We improve the items we already have. The car bug solution wasn't greatest.... I am constantly stuck in water and other things. And chairs they need a fix.
  • JackFuryJackFury Member
    edited June 2018
    I think we need to get one thing straight: Cubic Castles is a free market. Free. We have the ability to sell things for however much we please. The devs don't decide item prices, we as players do. Yes, they can make some items rare and others common, but we are the ones who price them. Doesn't necessarily matter how rare it is (example: penguin pet), it can still be cheap. And vice versa. There is absolutely nothing wrong with having expensive items. So what if some items are expensive and are less available? The thing about a free market is that anyone can earn the cubits if they're willing to work instead of whine.
    I'm beginning to think Mad Dog is a Fascist.
  • lucaaa795 said:

Gdog said it.
    They could focus less on clothing and increase the number of useful blocks added. At least for a month or so
    This method would slow the addition of new wearables which would result in people using the actual clothing items more. It would make the balance somewhat equal for a few weeks.. Those weeks will matter the most.

Maybe...
    gdog said:

This is a terrible idea.

Really its the opposite, when I started playing dogs were 10k, tophats 100c and more. 1c now can get you more than it could then..
  • Piratax10Piratax10 Member
    edited June 2018
    'Sir.Fox' said:

lucaaa795 said:

Gdog said it.

Maybe...
    gdog said:

This is a terrible idea.

Really its the opposite, when I started playing dogs were 10k, tophats 100c and more. 1c now can get you more than it could then..
    cash regs were 1k on cc store... you had to work WAY more to obtain cubits, also no vends!
  • Piratax10 said:

'Sir.Fox' said:

lucaaa795 said:

Gdog said it.

Maybe...
    gdog said:

This is a terrible idea.

cash regs were 1k on cc store... you had to work WAY more to obtain cubits, also no vends!
    'Sir.Fox' said:

lucaaa795 said:

Gdog said it.

Maybe...
    gdog said:

This is a terrible idea.

My point is, the game has became about vends!
  • Piratax10 said:

'Sir.Fox' said:

lucaaa795 said:

Gdog said it.

Maybe...
    gdog said:

This is a terrible idea.

'Sir.Fox' said:

lucaaa795 said:

Gdog said it.

Maybe...
    gdog said:

This is a terrible idea.

before the vends did even exist, the game was about "regs"..
    edited June 2018

Piratax10 said:

'Sir.Fox' said:

lucaaa795 said:

Gdog said it.

Maybe...
    gdog said:

This is a terrible idea.

'Sir.Fox' said:

lucaaa795 said:

Gdog said it.

Maybe...
    gdog said:

This is a terrible idea.

So what? You don't often find games like this. In fact, that's another thing I love about Cubic Castles. It's not just a building game, it's also an MMO business simulator. You learn economy, trading, item worth, production, advertising; all good skills to have in the real world. I love how complex and vast our economy is, from price ranges and rarity to supply and demand factors. There are tons of ways to earn cubits, each different from the other. You can make investments, collect important resources, create art, hire your services, and much more. Anyone can climb the ladder of wealth or just be content with less. That's another thing: you don't have to be super rich to enjoy the game. Though you don't seem to realize it, the majority of items are actually available to just about everyone. Yes, not everyone can get an Easter umbrella, a black cat, or a slyme costume, but the majority of items are below 30k. And if you work hard enough, you can get whatever item it is, no matter how expensive. (Ramms are an exception, but what's wrong with having one ultra rare exclusive item? It isn't a "necessary" item, just something cool to have.) You don't even have to buy cubits. I just wish some of you would stop looking at all the negatives: everything you think is wrong, the 'scammer' problems, the 'overpriced items', and so on. Look at the positives as well.
  • Mad Dog GamerMad Dog Gamer Member
    edited June 2018
    JackFury said:

Piratax10 said:

'Sir.Fox' said:

lucaaa795 said:

Gdog said it.

Maybe...
    gdog said:

This is a terrible idea.

'Sir.Fox' said:

lucaaa795 said:

Gdog said it.

Maybe...
    gdog said:

This is a terrible idea.

So what? You don't often find games like this. In fact, that's another thing I love about Cubic Castles. It's not just a building game, it's also an MMO business simulator. You learn economy, trading, item worth, production, advertising; all good skills to have in the real world. I love how complex and vast our economy is, from price ranges and rarity to supply and demand factors. There are tons of ways to earn cubits, each different from the other. You can make investments, collect important resources, create art, hire your services, and much more. Anyone can climb the ladder of wealth or just be content with less. That's another thing: you don't have to be super rich to enjoy the game. Though you don't seem to realize it, the majority of items are actually available to just about everyone. Yes, not everyone can get an Easter umbrella, a black cat, or a slyme costume, but the majority of items are below 30k. And if you work hard enough, you can get whatever item it is, no matter how expensive. (Ramms are an exception, but what's wrong with having one ultra rare exclusive item? It isn't a "necessary" item, just something cool to have.) You don't even have to buy cubits. I just wish some of you would stop looking at all the negatives: everything you think is wrong, the 'scammer' problems, the 'overpriced items', and so on. Look at the positives as well.
    I agree. It helps you learn real life stuff, but for a game?

And many kids want to be a athlete or something like that. Todays world, learning technology is key. Technology is going to be bigger by 2020.

And I do realize that the game can be fun even if you have few cubits. And when you have a overworld glitch, a failing shop, and no good items to sell and trade, its hard to get cubits.

"And everything you think is wrong."
    Im going to correct you. not "everything" I think is wrong. I have major ideas and dreams. I wish people would listen, learn the point, and see my point of veiw before the say stuff. People dont do that.
    edited June 2018

JackFury said:

Piratax10 said:

'Sir.Fox' said:

lucaaa795 said:

Gdog said it.

Maybe...
    gdog said:

This is a terrible idea.

'Sir.Fox' said:

lucaaa795 said:

Gdog said it.

Maybe...
    gdog said:

This is a terrible idea.

And many kids want to be a athlete or something like that. Todays world, learning technology is key. Technology is going to be bigger by 2020.

And I do realize that the game can be fun even if you have few cubits. And when you have a overworld glitch, a failing shop, and no good items to sell and trade, its hard to get cubits.

Im going to correct you. not "everything" I think is wrong. I have major ideas and dreams. I wish people would listen, learn the point, and see my point of veiw before the say stuff. People dont do that.
    ?_? ...I never said "everything you think is wrong"

Oh. The tone is different there. I said stop talking about everything that you think is wrong. Just missed the 'that' but it still works.
  • Mad Dog GamerMad Dog Gamer Member
    edited June 2018
    you did
    I was to lazy to read it cause Im on discord and it said "everything you think is wrongs"

Edit: "everything you think is wrong"
    Copied and pasted.
  • you did
    I was to lazy to read it cause Im on discord and it said "everything you think is wrongs"

Read my comment again, I added on something.
    Anyways, stop making these discussions. Enough is enough.
  • JackFury said:

you did

Read my comment again, I added on something.
    Anyways, stop making these discussions. Enough is enough.
    Like I said, why cant you listen and see my point of veiw. Im not talking about 2016 im talking about today
  • Woop woop this is getting out of hand!

JackFury said:

Piratax10 said:

'Sir.Fox' said:

lucaaa795 said:

Gdog said it.

Maybe...
    gdog said:

This is a terrible idea.

'Sir.Fox' said:

lucaaa795 said:

Gdog said it.

Maybe...
    gdog said:

This is a terrible idea.

U do realise the effort they put into the game. They need to satisfy players like you that aren't happy and if you have an opinion that is rude and not needed. You can leave, we honestly don't mind. And Jack don't be petty cause please I can only do that.

JackFury said:

Piratax10 said:

'Sir.Fox' said:

lucaaa795 said:

Gdog said it.

Maybe...
    gdog said:

This is a terrible idea.

'Sir.Fox' said:

lucaaa795 said:

Gdog said it.

Maybe...
    gdog said:

This is a terrible idea.

U do realise the effort they put into the game. They need to satisfy players like you that aren't happy and if you have an opinion that is rude and not needed. You can leave, we honestly don't mind. And Jack don't be petty cause please I can only do that.
    wow. Now everyone hates me. Can a mod close this ? No one gives a damn about my opinion.
  • Wow.. That got out of hand

JackFury said:

Piratax10 said:

'Sir.Fox' said:

lucaaa795 said:

Gdog said it.

Maybe...
    gdog said:

This is a terrible idea.

'Sir.Fox' said:

lucaaa795 said:

Gdog said it.

Maybe...
    gdog said:

This is a terrible idea.

wow. Now everyone hates me. Can a mod close this ? No one gives a damn about my opinion.
    It's not that we don't give a "damn" it's just your being irrational and close minded. I see what your saying. Yes cubic has leaned to more vends. But that's great. If you look at me I use Vends sell stuff but I still make friends and talk to them. When you try to argue look at every thing. And about that close thing. You should had said something before. But since u backed yourself into a corner. Oh well what else can I do. It's your forums account that you use so loosely. Have a great day :)
This discussion has been closed.