"Thrown Away" Short CC fiction story - where thrown away items go...

TumbleweedTumbleweed Member
edited June 2018 in Community

There once was a brave adventurer named Bill. He loved quests and was great at solving mysteries and fighting evil creatures. And one day, a particular quest was waiting for him to stumble apon it.

His best friend, Sophie, was throwing away some junk she'd collected mining while Bill sat in the grass with his dog. "Grass, dirt, tree leaves," she said as she threw them away. "All do--WAIT NO!" Bill turned. Sophie's diamond ring had just slipped off her finger into the trash. Bill heard it clunking against the trashcan wall as the ring disappeared into the mystical abyss.
Sophie stood looking into the darkness of the can, tears forming. "Don't worry," Bill said, standing up. "I will get that back for you. Dillip?" Bill's dog, Dillip, woofed and leaped on Bill's shoulder. Bill dived down into darkness with Dillip.

He fell for easily 3 minutes before landing roughly on a pile of leaves. He stood up as Dillio began sniffing the ground intensely. Looking around him in almost complete darkness, Bill could make out piles of dirt, grass, leaves, twigs, and many more junk pieces. Although occasionally he did see a tophat or a fizzled wand. Bill picked the wand up and waved it. It didn't do anything.
Dillip suddenly barked. His eyes widened in fear and he backed away from a giant shadow looming in the distance. The shadow blocked Bill's view and he couldn't see what was hiding behind the wall of black.
"Someone's come?" a deep voice boomed. Out of the darkness came a giant creature, taller than Bill himself. "Someone cares about me?" And out came a dragon.
It was a level 50 dragon, but not golden or shiny. His scales were jet black and his eyes had turned white from living in the dark. His wings were old and torn, his claws cracked. "You remembered?!" it roared at Bill, lowering its giant head.
"I-I don't know," Bill replied. "I am looking for a friend's diamond ring."
The dragon glared at him. It swung its tail around. Hanging from the beast's tail was a diamond ring. "Yes!" Bill said. "I need it, please. Then we can get out of here."
The dragon reared in anger suddenly. "LEAVE?!" it bellowed, belching fire at the ceiling. "LEAVE WITHOUT ME?! I THOUGHT YOU REMEMBERED ME!"
It wrapped its tail around Bill and blocked him from leaving. "I was someone's pet once!" it breathed. "I was his favorite, his most prized pet of all of them - better than his little goat! But then he took me away. He tossed me down here. I couldn't escape, and for years and years I've waited for him to return."
Bill froze. He wanted to help the dragon, but he didn't feel he could when the beat was angry and could eat him at any moment. Then he got an idea. He quickly grabbed a bottle of glue and rope that had been thrown away. Before the dragon could react Bill squirted the glue onto the end kf the rope and tossed it up out of the tunnel where he'd fallen down in the first place. To freedom!
The glue at the end of the rope glued itself to the lid of the trashcan and hooked there. Dillip leaped into Bill's hands as he pulled himself up the rope as fast as he could. The dragon, seeing he was going to be alone for another 50 years, roared in anger and dived at the tunnel. But he couldn't reach them - the hole was too small. The dragon raised its old claws and began tearing away at the wall, making the hole bigger and trying to reach them. Billy climbed to the exit and climbed out of the trashcan where Sophie was waiting.
"Run!" he said, pulling her away from the trashcan. The can wobbled and then burst, the dragon emerging from it and facing them. But then it changed - it shrank. It began turning green, its eyes back to normal color, its claws reviving themselves. Before long he was the size of Dillip.
The dragon looked up at him, eyes of respect and happiness. This was going to be the little dragon's new home, a new start at life.

Enjoy I guess! Sorry if it is long!

Comments