Community Issues

2»

Comments

• If there will be a judge, then who. Admins? Mods? They are busy. Players? I think no.
    Space is enough, and Im okay with it :)
  •  SirGalaxon SirGalaxon Member
    edited May 2018

I'm not sure how Space does the raffles but I would assume he's using a random number generator to pick the winning numbers.

A random number generator is used. We match the players name in the list to the number that popped out. Maybe Space will choose to record one, one of these days so you can see the process, but it's too time consuming to record every single drawing, so you'll just have to trust us. After all you have the option of not joining the events if you don't believe the results are fair. For our part we don't really care who wins. The point of it is to have fun things to do in the game and keep the community active.
    I have avoided speaking on the subject but if people insist on creating these threads then this is my one thing to say on the matter.
    As kew said at the end of the day it is all about fun. People complained they wanted more to do week to week and they got it. If anything the prizes are the bonus to give it a go.
    I myself considered doing a number drawing video in the first place but there are a few issues.
    If it were to be done live people would see there number come up and think they had won, but after being picked mabz then does all sorts of checks on the results. What if you had won and then you were removed for cheating in some way. That would cause all sorts of controversy.
    You would clearly see that someone who "won" had been taken off and replaced by someone else. Is it fair to publicly humiliate cheaters?
    I could record them not live but then people will complain that maybe I just cut together the footage of numbers I wanted. Not to mention how many people hassle for the results first thing on sunday, adding on to that the rendering and uploading of a video and you have a longer waiting period.

In terms of making harder events,it is quite hard to do when you have to cater to all players including those without perks. But who knows maybe we will get an item one day that allows perks to be chosen for a realm. Then I could up the difficulty knowing everyone has the potential to do it.

In terms of the judging of building contests and art contests. I feel that other players bias would be no different to my potential bias. That being said an open invitation to all moderators if they would like to help judge. Note that the results may take longer because more people will have to be online at the same time to do it. The reason I am opening it to only moderators is that they are supposed to moderate without bias and thus I believe are suited to judge without it too.

In terms of skill games and rewarded the best of the best. I will admit these events might be few and far between but a clan race will be coming later in the year. I will perhaps look into announcing the launch of events a day before so players who want to compete to be the first to finish have a fair heads up to do so with small cubit rewards.
    I don't believe you understand how judging works, its not one person who judges, its supposed to be a panel, and no, the judges DO NOT have to be mods, since you just stated that all people are biased, how can you say that mods won't be? We want trusted members of the community judging, why can't there be different people judging every event? any person who can be trusted( has good rep, etc) can be selected for the panel, just like a jury, and so its fair and everyone has a fair shake, also, everyone should get a chance to be judge, so NO selecting the same person over and over. And you say there will be problems with live recording the selecting of winners? then put a limit on how many people can win, I am tired of the same people winning( which are all rich, seem to all be your friends, etc). There, please make the selection process fair, thank you :D
    Wow... you people don’t get it...
    BUILDING REQUIRES SKILLS!
    For gods sake, if a builder is talented why not make him win? SO you just want all skillful builders to stay out of contests? That is so unfair, i am glad expert builders are finally getting cubits by showing off their skills! The selection process is already fair and i am 100% sure if you were one of the constant building contest winners, this thread wouldn’t be here. You’re just complaining cause you never won one, or you’re ‘jealous?’ Of the same people winning?
    I’ve seen Ed, he’s a great builder, there are some contests he did not win at, not even honourable mention.
    I consider myself a terrible builder with small ideas and i managed to get honourable mention for halloween contest OUT OF MANY MANY AMAZING BUILDS.
    Where do you get that I am jealous? Everything you just stated I agree with, I prefer more judges then less, since one time for a certain contest, a build won that wasn't even remotely related to the theme of the contest, things like that have happened, and no, I am NOT jealous, but there were times where there were 2 builds, one was more unique, and the other less so, but the latter wins? All I'm saying is that its time we up the judging game, for heavens sake, its very unprofessional to have only 1 judge
    No one at any point disagreed with having multiple judges. Its just not going to be done the way you want. But if this is going to descend into arguments then I will close the thread

Dont go all like you're innocent space, you contributed to the argument as well, and honestly, stop giving the mods extra roles every time theres an opportunity to have a new role for a new member, mods ARE NOT supposed to do EVERYTHING, the jury idea makes sense and you would have to do little else but picking some TRUSTED members of the community each time to judge, I really don't get your aversion to something like that..
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    edited May 2018
    Maybe let the Mods volunteer to judge, as they are volunteers. I don't think they have to vote every week. Maybe before you judge you ask the Mods online for help? Maybe even if Cos, Kewb and Mabz have a few moments of spare time they can judge too
  • space_fetusspace_fetus Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    edited May 2018

I'm not sure how Space does the raffles but I would assume he's using a random number generator to pick the winning numbers.

A random number generator is used. We match the players name in the list to the number that popped out. Maybe Space will choose to record one, one of these days so you can see the process, but it's too time consuming to record every single drawing, so you'll just have to trust us. After all you have the option of not joining the events if you don't believe the results are fair. For our part we don't really care who wins. The point of it is to have fun things to do in the game and keep the community active.
    I have avoided speaking on the subject but if people insist on creating these threads then this is my one thing to say on the matter.
    As kew said at the end of the day it is all about fun. People complained they wanted more to do week to week and they got it. If anything the prizes are the bonus to give it a go.
    I myself considered doing a number drawing video in the first place but there are a few issues.
    If it were to be done live people would see there number come up and think they had won, but after being picked mabz then does all sorts of checks on the results. What if you had won and then you were removed for cheating in some way. That would cause all sorts of controversy.
    You would clearly see that someone who "won" had been taken off and replaced by someone else. Is it fair to publicly humiliate cheaters?
    I could record them not live but then people will complain that maybe I just cut together the footage of numbers I wanted. Not to mention how many people hassle for the results first thing on sunday, adding on to that the rendering and uploading of a video and you have a longer waiting period.

In terms of making harder events,it is quite hard to do when you have to cater to all players including those without perks. But who knows maybe we will get an item one day that allows perks to be chosen for a realm. Then I could up the difficulty knowing everyone has the potential to do it.

In terms of the judging of building contests and art contests. I feel that other players bias would be no different to my potential bias. That being said an open invitation to all moderators if they would like to help judge. Note that the results may take longer because more people will have to be online at the same time to do it. The reason I am opening it to only moderators is that they are supposed to moderate without bias and thus I believe are suited to judge without it too.

In terms of skill games and rewarded the best of the best. I will admit these events might be few and far between but a clan race will be coming later in the year. I will perhaps look into announcing the launch of events a day before so players who want to compete to be the first to finish have a fair heads up to do so with small cubit rewards.
    I don't believe you understand how judging works, its not one person who judges, its supposed to be a panel, and no, the judges DO NOT have to be mods, since you just stated that all people are biased, how can you say that mods won't be? We want trusted members of the community judging, why can't there be different people judging every event? any person who can be trusted( has good rep, etc) can be selected for the panel, just like a jury, and so its fair and everyone has a fair shake, also, everyone should get a chance to be judge, so NO selecting the same person over and over. And you say there will be problems with live recording the selecting of winners? then put a limit on how many people can win, I am tired of the same people winning( which are all rich, seem to all be your friends, etc). There, please make the selection process fair, thank you :D
    For gods sake, if a builder is talented why not make him win? SO you just want all skillful builders to stay out of contests? That is so unfair, i am glad expert builders are finally getting cubits by showing off their skills! The selection process is already fair and i am 100% sure if you were one of the constant building contest winners, this thread wouldn’t be here. You’re just complaining cause you never won one, or you’re ‘jealous?’ Of the same people winning?
    I’ve seen Ed, he’s a great builder, there are some contests he did not win at, not even honourable mention.
    I consider myself a terrible builder with small ideas and i managed to get honourable mention for halloween contest OUT OF MANY MANY AMAZING BUILDS.
    Where do you get that I am jealous? Everything you just stated I agree with, I prefer more judges then less, since one time for a certain contest, a build won that wasn't even remotely related to the theme of the contest, things like that have happened, and no, I am NOT jealous, but there were times where there were 2 builds, one was more unique, and the other less so, but the latter wins? All I'm saying is that its time we up the judging game, for heavens sake, its very unprofessional to have only 1 judge
    No one at any point disagreed with having multiple judges. Its just not going to be done the way you want. But if this is going to descend into arguments then I will close the thread

Dont go all like you're innocent space, you contributed to the argument as well, and honestly, stop giving the mods extra roles every time theres an opportunity to have a new role for a new member, mods ARE NOT supposed to do EVERYTHING, the jury idea makes sense and you would have to do little else but picking some TRUSTED members of the community each time to judge, I really don't get your aversion to something like that..
    My aversion is time,and jealousy. You start picking random players people will complain they weren't picked. You pick a whole group of people whos time zones dont match up and the judging takes weeks. People already complain about days. You seem to have this weird fixation that mods cant do multiple jobs. No one ever said that, its your own opinion and quite frankly makes no sense. You want a panel of judges sure we can do it but you cant then start complaining about the ins and outs of it.
    Also at the end of the day I may have an opinion but its ultimately admins decision. They want it done a certain way thats whats going to happen.

• I'm not sure how Space does the raffles but I would assume he's using a random number generator to pick the winning numbers.

My aversion is time,and jealousy. You start picking random players people will complain they weren't picked. You pick a whole group of people whos time zones dont match up and the judging takes weeks. People already complain about days. You seem to have this weird fixation that mods cant do multiple jobs. No one ever said that, its your own opinion and quite frankly makes no sense. You want a panel of judges sure we can do it but you cant then start complaining about the ins and outs of it.
    Also at the end of the day building contests only happen a few times a year it isnt like its a weekly thing that needs to urgently be adressed.
    Weird fixation, mods are NOT supposed to have too much power, if that happens, more abuse of power will happen, and don't go telling me that it hasn't, cause it HAS. REMEMBER GOLLUM, WHAT HAPPENED TO HIM WILL HAPPEN TO ANY MOD THAT ABUSES HIS POWERS!!!
  • space_fetusspace_fetus Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Okay this has gone far enough. If we cant have a reasonable conversation we wont have one at all. Locking this up.
This discussion has been closed.