Judges

2»

Comments

•  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    edited April 2018
    DoubleK said:

I guess you do not understand my point about a MOD winning a contest that should be for players. Just cause he plays the game does not mean he should be aloud to win or for that matter enter contests since ED is a mod. How is that even fair to other players for a Mod to pick a Mod to win. Again that would be like you working for the NFL and they are having a contest to give away superbowl tickets and your buddy who also works for the NFL picks you to win. Hence the reason employers do not let there employees enter those types of contests. Now do you understand. Or for a better example. Let us say we both work for the same company but my best friend is our boss and i get promoted before you do but you have way more qualifications then I do. But the only reason i got the promotion was because my best friend is the boss I didnt get it based on my performance or my ability to do the job i got it solely on being friends with the boss. Does that help you understand better. I mean come on Mods should not be aloud to enter any contest PERIOD that is the bottom line. And can you honestly tell me the one he picked for the winner was the best build and be honest.

Mods don't work for cosmic cow games.
    We don't get any paid, we are not on the payroll.
    We are not employees.
    This is not our job.

We help out the community for free using our spare time.
    We are just players who have extra abilities to help other players/improve the community by moderating.

So you want to punish us mods who give up our valuable spare time for free by not letting us take part in events.

ED's build won because it was the best build.
    There is no bias here.
  • 'ForgetMeNot''ForgetMeNot' Member
    edited April 2018
    Dude.... you do know that mods dont have 500000000000000c They also have to save up for themselves, and atleast have some fun. Ed is a great builder, infact everyone could be a great builder too.
  • DoubleK said:

I guess you do not understand my point about a MOD winning a contest that should be for players. Just cause he plays the game does not mean he should be aloud to win or for that matter enter contests since ED is a mod. How is that even fair to other players for a Mod to pick a Mod to win. Again that would be like you working for the NFL and they are having a contest to give away superbowl tickets and your buddy who also works for the NFL picks you to win. Hence the reason employers do not let there employees enter those types of contests. Now do you understand. Or for a better example. Let us say we both work for the same company but my best friend is our boss and i get promoted before you do but you have way more qualifications then I do. But the only reason i got the promotion was because my best friend is the boss I didnt get it based on my performance or my ability to do the job i got it solely on being friends with the boss. Does that help you understand better. I mean come on Mods should not be aloud to enter any contest PERIOD that is the bottom line. And can you honestly tell me the one he picked for the winner was the best build and be honest.

As Gdog said, mods aren't paid in any way, they are still players. So it would be unfair for them not to take part in this kind of contest! Plus, Melody said it, they do not have all the cubits they want,so winning a contest isn't something bad, and give it a try is a good idea..

And, before you said McDonald's Employees can't participate to the Monopoly game (I may have misunderstood tho), but nothing prevent them to buy and eat McDonald's, and to win.

And no, space said it himself, it is not biased, and skills judged!
  • space_fetusspace_fetus Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    DoubleK said:

as gdog said mods give up valuable time for free, they dont get free cubits or items and they have every right to participate in the events just like any other player. Ed was not picked because we are friends ed was picked because his build was interesting and his attention to detail not to mention his skill. Other mods also entered but they didnt win based on bias. As someone else has stated ed did not win the valentines build either. I get not everyones going to be happy with my judging especially if they think they did a better job than others but it is unfair to moan at mods for winning when they have every right to be there.
  • I have to disagree with double K...
    1-Did Cortana and Horus pick Ed in other contests because they were friends? NO
    2-Mods are players. They do not get paid
  • community eye ....

Should add an LEVEL required for vote ...
  • Or Maybe They Will Choose 10 Worthly Judges From Player Every Contest?
  • I think the judging could not get much better than what it is now. I am one who will be the first to state my opinion on something as seen by my lengthy history of forum rants and I am not afraid to take aim at those who I call friends. My point is Space is judging very fairly it is just the competition is steep. The pool of winners in this contest vs. those in the previous are vastly different so any claim of bias can be discarded especially considering not all winners have ties with Space.

I would be willing to be a judge and sacrifice my ability to participate in contests ^_^!
  • I think the judging could not get much better than what it is now. I am one who will be the first to state my opinion on something as seen by my lengthy history of forum rants and I am not afraid to take aim at those who I call friends. My point is Space is judging very fairly it is just the competition is steep. The pool of winners in this contest vs. those in the previous are vastly different so any claim of bias can be discarded especially considering not all winners have ties with Space.

I would be willing to be a judge and sacrifice my ability to participate in contests ^_^!

+1 , You should judge !
    lucaaa795 said:

space did ok with this time's judging. However more judges wouldn't be bad.
    I don't think any of the winners have been choosen on biased opinion but you know, it's the fun not the cubits that you should look for ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

also +1 ! i think people only complain because they don’t win .
  • I think there is room for improvement in the judging, a simple rating system with a line of constructive feedback would be a great improvement.
  • lucaaa795 said:

space did ok with this time's judging. However more judges wouldn't be bad.
    I don't think any of the winners have been choosen on biased opinion but you know, it's the fun not the cubits that you should look for ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I agree with you 90% 10% is the cubits :p.