how do I make cubic castles 800x600

soap barsoap bar Member
edited April 2018 in Help Requests
hello I am on mac so I am not expecting much help
I am trying to edit cubic castle's window size but it keeps going into full screen and I cannot get anything out of it like I cannot open any other tab its in full screen unless I quit outta the game.
I try to select anything that isnt the widescreen/fullscreen option but it doesnt work
when i put it into 800x600 it just makes my screen black and it still shows the "windows clicker" or mouse thing the pointer finger and all I can do is just spam command+alt+esc to enter Force Quit mode but that just closes the CC window, I cannot do anything about this.
Do not tell me to try any other option because I have and the same exact thing happens, I really want to know how to play CC and like use discord at the same time, this problem has never occured in previous versions :v
so can anyone on mac or knows about mac can help me please? thanks.

smh after 40+ views no help i knew it because im mac lmao

Comments

• so, bump? still having the problem
  • soap barsoap bar Member
    edited April 2018
    lucaaa795 said:

Have you tried going into the game files and change the resolution by yourself?

500th edit, I got the window to work, its now 800,600, but CC doesnt load

another edit, the game does load. the black screen turns into a purple,
    but yet I cannot see the menu. as if the game was only made for fullscreen on mac smh
  • Well this is how you would fix it for Windows, i don't know if a mac has the same way lol.

Go to AppData > Roaming > Cubic, find a file named settings.txt, open it with a notepad and look for this line:
    Graphics.Resolution=1366,768

All you need to do is set the correct resolution, so just replace the resolution you have in the file with the one you need.

Or you could try re-downloading the game, and make sure you delete every single file, and re-install it. If neither of these work, sorry.
  • I just did settings.txt, and it didn't work because apparently the game supports only 1200,1000,
    the game is loaded, not the menu.
    I guess ill try reinstalling
  • JuIiusJuIius Member
    edited April 2018
    Did you install Cubic Castles on Steam? Or from the Website
  • Did you install Cubic Castles on Steam? Or from the Website

website,
    cubic castles for steam isnt for mac. only windows.
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    You night be better off contacting support or messaging @CosmicCow to see if they can direct you to the proper configuration.
    Less than 1% of players use the mac version so its doubtful anyone here on the forums will know of how to fix.
    Good luck.
  • soap barsoap bar Member
    edited April 2018
    and this still didnt work, and thanks gdog
    i feel like im the only mac user and no latecom, I've tried that :v
    also thats not even how it works