1 Block Egg Radius

Sir. PixelSir. Pixel EnglandMember
edited March 2018 in Suggestions & Comments
I get that eggs are supposed to be hunted, but I have spent 2 hours, in a multitude of mines in every overworld and I have not found a Single Egg! Now I understand that the radius was to stop cheaters but could it not be friendlier than 1 block? I had taken a break from Cubic Castles and came online to see about the eggs as I had partaken in both events over the last 2 years but this year, I'm not sure if the radius of 1 Block Is the reason why I don't like it.
And people that will say "Buy The Eggs" but I want to be able to complete the pow, myself, without help. I want not to have to spend cubits in order to achieve a goal.
I hope you agree with me.

~Pixel

Comments

• The range is actually of 2 blocks from your Qbee. I agree with the fact of selling eggs... They should be untradable.. Welp, nvm, try going into forest mines in Pelago / Aspen : Spyre, and walk in straight lines. You should find some!
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator

The range is actually of 2 blocks from your Qbee. I agree with the fact of selling eggs... They should be untradable.. Welp, nvm, try going into forest mines in Pelago / Aspen : Spyre, and walk in straight lines. You should find some!

Well it's 1 and a bit. If you are 2 full blocks away not including the block the egg is on then you won't see it.
  • oh wait so now I won't see easter eggs if I'm not close enough to them?
  • FireSaw said:

oh wait so now I won't see easter eggs if I'm not close enough to them?

Nope mate! The egg hunt has changed =P
  • FireSaw said:

How so?
  • Bluejay_1 said:

FireSaw said:

How so?
    They aren't visible so you have to be near them to collect them... And this time, there sin't any egg-counter to obtain a specific item, but craft recipes to craft the Easter Pow Gift =)
  • Bluejay_1 said:

FireSaw said:

How so?
    They aren't visible so you have to be near them to collect them... And this time, there sin't any egg-counter to obtain a specific item, but craft recipes to craft the Easter Pow Gift =)
    But wasn't he saying the same thing? Asking if they are invisible now.
  • I would defiantly like the egg radius to be expanded to a few more tiles and to prevent cheating hah. Already have two friends who know a work around with the eggs to make them visible. The fact is cheaters will always prevail and the regular player should not be punished in the process. I love the idea of the eggs being hidden and needing to be near them to see them but the small radius is just absurd.
  • Its pretty weird actually, like peopel saying BUY EGGS! Stop being lazy and go out and get some people.

Yeah, I cant find any eggs my clanmates say I found like 8 eggs in there! i always tell them i only found 2 or 1
  • Some people just have the almighty cube given ability to find eggs. Earlier Valyreena was helping me hunt for eggs, she found 10 to my 0....I was like really >_<!
  • I agree. Having the 1-block radius doesn't make it a hunt. Eggs are still randomly placed and not hidden. The radius makes hunting eggs hard and boring.
  • I agree. Having the 1-block radius doesn't make it a hunt. Eggs are still randomly placed and not hidden. The radius makes hunting eggs hard and boring.

That's on purpose probably so only the people willing to do it deserve a reward
  • lucaaa795 said:

We need a bigger radius.
    I say a 5x5 would be amazing.

Agreed
  • Bluejay_1Bluejay_1 Member
    edited March 2018
    I see logic that people are having difficulty finding the eggs, but the 5x5 would help BUT you still can't know for sure whether the mine is empty or not. Yes it would help. But maybe the devs wanted it to be hard so the pows would be more worth it? And prizes worth more than a 5x5 zone? Cause that would be a waiste so more people would get more pows easily. Again, I'm not against the idea of a 5x5 but there are disadvantages.
  • TarteTarte Member
    I completely agree.
  • Please devs hear our cries! MAY THE ALMIGHTY CUBE HAVE MERCY ON US!
  • AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
    I have collected MULTIPLE eggs without even seeing them first.
    Do you even know how stupid that is? It's an egg hunt. You're supposed to hunt for eggs.
    There is no way that this 1 block radius can be considered a hunt because it's literally dependent on getting lucky enough to stumble blindly into an egg.
    To put it bluntly, this is crap.
    Yeah, it's fine to want to make it fair, but in no way is a blind egg hunt fair.
    At least increase the radius to 3, or 5. It doesn't have to be the entire realm, but there is no reason it has to be ONE BLOCK.

There are definitely values in between 1% and 100%.
  • PLEASE HAVE MERCY ON US!
  • I have collected MULTIPLE eggs without even seeing them first.
    Do you even know how stupid that is? It's an egg hunt. You're supposed to hunt for eggs.
    There is no way that this 1 block radius can be considered a hunt because it's literally dependent on getting lucky enough to stumble blindly into an egg.
    To put it bluntly, this is crap.
    Yeah, it's fine to want to make it fair, but in no way is a blind egg hunt fair.
    At least increase the radius to 3, or 5. It doesn't have to be the entire realm, but there is no reason it has to be ONE BLOCK.

There are definitely values in between 1% and 100%.

My thoughts exactly <3
    @CosmicCow @SirKewberth
  • +1

I haven't tried hunting but 1 block does seem fairly unfair, i say 3 or even a little above 3
  • CoolGuyBossCoolGuyBoss Member
    edited March 2018
    Guys, there is a way easier way to get eggys

Step 1,
    go to a corner of a mine (mostly a forest)

Step 2,
    go about 2 blocks from the void

Step 3,
    walk all the way to the other end of the mine in a straight line

Step 4,
    Move 5 blocks to the right

Step 5,
    Continue this and you should stumble on 4-5 eggs per mine
  • DsBerrypawDsBerrypaw Member
    edited March 2018

Some people just have the almighty cube given ability to find eggs. Earlier Valyreena was helping me hunt for eggs, she found 10 to my 0....I was like really >_<!</p>

I thought the Almighty Cube is just for decoration?
  • Let the Devs hear our suffering. Make the egg hunt fun !
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    I got 200 eggs from previous ones I glassed in the last three years. Of course they’re only the original ones though.
  • U said:

I got 200 eggs from previous ones I glassed in the last three years. Of course they’re only the original ones though.

wow XD
    I did that but I got way less lol
    but the rares are not that hard to find. the yellow and red one is sorta hard to find, but the rest are easy. you just need to keep on searching
  • I would defiantly like the egg radius to be expanded to a few more tiles and to prevent cheating hah. Already have two friends who know a work around with the eggs to make them visible. The fact is cheaters will always prevail and the regular player should not be punished in the process. I love the idea of the eggs being hidden and needing to be near them to see them but the small radius is just absurd.

Seriously! Thats crazy ppl always find ways to cheat... Should have just left them visible, at least this way it was more honest... If there's a work-a-round then cheaters have more of an advantage than ever now.... Grrrr
  • Please devs hear our cries! MAY THE ALMIGHTY CUBE HAVE MERCY ON US!

B-but I worship the baleful box!
    Anyways, the egg radius isn’t that bad..? It jus’ takes a looong time.
  • The egg radius is horrible!! Mostly because of ppl texture hacking and being able to see the eggs... Once again cheaters prosper and the rest of us sit here stunned and confused.. They need to expand it for that one reason!! At least it was more fair last year in that whoever spent the most time got more. Now its cheaters win.. Grrrr
  • The egg radius is horrible!! Mostly because of ppl texture hacking and being able to see the eggs... Once again cheaters prosper and the rest of us sit here stunned and confused.. They need to expand it for that one reason!! At least it was more fair last year in that whoever spent the most time got more. Now its cheaters win.. Grrrr

I would say leave the radius alone. but now that people are cheating to get the eggs I wont stand for it.
  • almighty cube lets u see eggs in the realms easier?